You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

johndivney wrote:

wonder who'll we'll be discussing in another 10 years time.. like slashba probably people i've never heard of til they drop into (n out of) the GnR universe..

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
johndivney wrote:

wonder who'll we'll be discussing in another 10 years time.. like slashba probably people i've never heard of til they drop into (n out of) the GnR universe..

Nick Sterling is GN'R

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Gong wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Nick Sterling is GN'R

I thought it was established long ago that GNR is Paul Tobias. He wrote November Rain.;)

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Hopefully Axl has been in London for some "finnishing touches" on the next album....
wink

Weren't a London studio one of the 16 studios (or how many it was...) used on ChiDem?

http://icydk.com/2010/06/25/axl-rose-spreads-peace/

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I believe it was 14 studios, and yes he was recording in London circa 2006 I believe.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Who would I take in GNR right now?  Who needs to be in GNR right now to be relevant again?  Axl needs a good riff writer first..  Ashba could be that guy, but with the top hatted one on fire like he is, he needs back in. 

Axl
Slash
Izzy (Would be okay with Fortus, but Izzy good song writer)
Duff
(Adler, Sorum, or dude from Slash's solo band)
Dizzy
Teddy

Nothing changes for me on this, and Slash ALONE back in GNR would make them huge again.  But if you get him, might as well make it a package deal and get duff and izzy too..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I wouldn't call what Slash is doing now even close to being on fire.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Why not? In live peformance he's playing Nightrain, Civil War and Paradise City as well, and much of the time better than, he did in the past. Meanwhile his solo album features songs in his classic rock style, but with some solos that are technically more adapt than many of his previous outings. Seeing him live, his guitar chops have clearly improved and he's rocking the hell out of your ears from up the front.

This isn't directed specifially at you, but I don't understand why fans of the new band have to enjoy what they do by somehow attempting to minimise the skills of the past members.

I love chinese democracy, bumblefoot and the new guys as well, but that doesn't change the fact that slash is one of the foremost guitarists of his generation, and that right now he's playing better than ever.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Why not? In live peformance he's playing Nightrain, Civil War and Paradise City as well, and much of the time better than, he did in the past. Meanwhile his solo album features songs in his classic rock style, but with some solos that are technically more adapt than many of his previous outings. Seeing him live, his guitar chops have clearly improved and he's rocking the hell out of your ears from up the front.

This isn't directed specifially at you, but I don't understand why fans of the new band have to enjoy what they do by somehow attempting to minimise the skills of the past members.

I love chinese democracy, bumblefoot and the new guys as well, but that doesn't change the fact that slash is one of the foremost guitarists of his generation, and that right now he's playing better than ever.

Yes, I don't want to hijack this thread, but no guitar player in GNR can command the stage and put on a show like what Slash is doing night in and night out on this tour.  Slash is a grade A rock star..  As is Axl.  They are huge Megastars for a reason.

Board footer