You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: CD Moggs Currently Available

Neemo wrote:

see i dont think that this will affect any future rock band releases..maybe i'm wrong, but as i understand (from mogg forums, yes i joined a few looking for these moggs back when Prostitute was made available) but these moggs were rumored that if you wanted them that you would have to get your hands on them pre encryption....meaning that a hrmonix employee ultimately would theoretically be the source of these files....anyway i looked and looked for these things months ago and had no luck, so i basically gaveup/forgot about them and i asked you about them when you posted about it a couple days ago...and you said no...so to me thats throwing it in my face, but you were nice enough to give me a smilie face response...thanks for that btw

anyway i have them now thanks to junglegunner who posted the link last night...if the link goes down then anyone who wants it will be able to get them...its not cool to flaunt shit that other peopel want...its like the kid at school that wasnt taught to share....if my kids dont share they go to the naughty spot

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

I guess?

My thought was these were a temporary novelity that MIGHT have moved something. Maybe. But it wasn't going to be done on MyGNR, and it wasn't going to happen once a few people made the novelty a ticking time bomb (which happened like, the day they were posted).

I see your point, but 'might' is the key word there. They never had much value, and to be honest, I truely question how much value an unreleased GN'R track has.

Gagarin wrote:

Most articles I've read in the press about the music games (RB / Band Hero, GH...) notes that it took a lot of work to convince the bands/labels that the copy protection was sound enough to allow their masters to be used. A few bands embace this - even selling stems for remixes to fans - but many old school acts approach these as something to be locked up and hidden. The Beatles, for instance, wouldn't have allowed TBRB if the copy protection was weak (and it wasn't weak).

Harmonix was and has been on the trail of the people who first extracted and documented how to get the moggs out and decrypted. One was a pretty prominant console hacker who has since... stepped away.

Interesting, but I think more of that copy protection was to prevent album ripping in general, not so much guaranteeing mogg protection. I can understand an artist not wanting their masters out there, but these aren't masters. These are simply the multi-channel audio that make up the game levels in the game (i.e. vocals, guitar, drums, etc.).

I don't see why an artist should be really concerned with that. I think it has more to do with Harmonix protecting the massive DL profits from these games themselves, as they are in direct competition with Activision.

And personally, I think these interactive music games have seen their zenith. Activision, stupidly, oversaturated the market, and now people are starting to check out. Sure the diehard music gamers will always be first in line, but casuals are kinda of getting to the "been there done that" attitude. Thus the decline in sales of these games.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

see i dont think that this will affect any future rock band releases..maybe i'm wrong, but as i understand (from mogg forums, yes i joined a few looking for these moggs back when Prostitute was made available) but these moggs were rumored that if you wanted them that you would have to get your hands on them pre encryption....meaning that a hrmonix employee ultimately would theoretically be the source of these files....anyway i looked and looked for these things months ago and had no luck, so i basically gaveup/forgot about them and i asked you about them when you posted about it a couple days ago...and you said no...so to me thats throwing it in my face, but you were nice enough to give me a smilie face response...thanks for that btw

We were on the same path it seems.

Well, I wasn't sure you were serious, as I thought I made it clear I wasn't going to share. I couldn't.

anyway i have them now thanks to junglegunner who posted the link last night...if the link goes down then anyone who wants it will be able to get them...its not cool to flaunt shit that other peopel want...its like the kid at school that wasnt taught to share....if my kids dont share they go to the naughty spot

Been quite as a mouse until the complete posting became inevitable. No posts about "check out the harp on TIL!" or such from me. It was in my best interests to keep quiet about these - trying to "honor" the rules of another place, while trying not to be an ass here. I think I failed in that. That's my fault.

I didn't mean to 'join' a zuper zekrit klub, but clubs form whether you want to join one or not.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

GNR song in RB3?
Huh?

Actually, I think people are hoping to see Revolver and Pink Floyd...GNR not on the radar scope...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

We were on the same path it seems.

Well, I wasn't sure you were serious, as I thought I made it clear I wasn't going to share. I couldn't.

i really couldnt care less tbh...i did dl the moggs...i even started up audacity and started p-laying with IRS, then said fuck it...not in the mood today...anyway i dunno if i'll actually mix these or not, i may just isoalte certain parts to see what they sond like by themselves...the guitars really dont flow all that well when they are by themselves hmm

myabe if i woulda stuck around longer on the multitrack forums i woulda got a hold of them alot sooner, but i really didnt have the patience...I only asked you cuz i figured that it would be an easy way to get them all at once since you came out and said you had them..whatever, water under the bridge

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

u know not to be an asshole but i started a thread when CD came out or a little after saying how i thought the guitar playing sucked on CD. not the solos but just the general riffing etc

these moggs really confirm to me that i was right and i kinda wonder if Axl knew that as well which is why he put so many layers and so much shit to dress up the weakness.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

-D- wrote:

u know not to be an asshole but i started a thread when CD came out or a little after saying how i thought the guitar playing sucked on CD. not the solos but just the general riffing etc

these moggs really confirm to me that i was right and i kinda wonder if Axl knew that as well which is why he put so many layers and so much shit to dress up the weakness.

I gotta agree with you on that. After listening to all of the moggs, you can tell that much of the guitar playing is shit. Sorry has some pretty solid guitar...But nothing else really. When you take off just one layer by one layer you realize how sloppily this album was made.

Almost like someone was like "ok, cut that part...now paste this part". Catcher in the rye is a big case in point.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

I read too about some insiders about a newgnr song in RB 3

Board footer