You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: SLASH Says New VELVET REVOLVER Material Is ‘A Lot Heavier’

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, the consensus seems to be that if Myles has the VR frontman gig, it would have been announced already, so maybe there is someone in VR who doesn't agree that he should be their singer.

Maybe it's Duff, and that's why he's taken off to Jane's perhaps...?

My thoughts exactly.  It always struck me how Slash brought up Myles to Duff when they took over the radio station at WAAF for a few hours to promote Slash's CD, almost begging for Duff's approval.  And he just never really said anything.  I just found it strange.  Of course I could and probably am just totally reading into things.  But Slash wanted Myles in VR originally, or at least he was in the running but I don't think Duff was onboard.  And I'm not so sure anything has changed his mind to this point.

I personally am really impressed with what I've seen and heard from Myles so far, so I'd totally be down with it.  But it's not my, or any of our, decisions to make.  If Slash is pulling for him and nobody else in the band is, then it's not gonna happen.  Not that that's what's happening, but you get the point.

And I'm not so sure Myles would be a good fit for "A Lot Heavier" VR.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

As far as a "band" goes, I think Slash's "Band" sounds a lot better live than new GNR.  Current GNR live seems a lot more "sloppy" if you ask me.  I know in the studio with the old muscians CD sounded awesome, but DJ live is hit and miss, similar to Finck. 

I think Myles in VR would be fantastic as well.  I like the Slash album a lot, and I wouldn't mind seeing what Myles could do with a song like "Watch This".

No need to drag GNR into the discussion really.

If this band is so good live, why not start working on new songs with them?  Duff seems to be doing fine fending for himself now.  Would people really miss Matt or Dave that much?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

As far as a "band" goes, I think Slash's "Band" sounds a lot better live than new GNR.  Current GNR live seems a lot more "sloppy" if you ask me.  I know in the studio with the old muscians CD sounded awesome, but DJ live is hit and miss, similar to Finck. 

I think Myles in VR would be fantastic as well.  I like the Slash album a lot, and I wouldn't mind seeing what Myles could do with a song like "Watch This".

No need to drag GNR into the discussion really.

If this band is so good live, why not start working on new songs with them?  Duff seems to be doing fine fending for himself now.  Would people really miss Matt or Dave that much?

That's a good point, maybe the "Slash" band should just continue with the live lineup touring the album currently, and go on to make new music together. They all seem more than capable. I actually really dig the guy on drums more that Matt anyway.

But the question for that would be whether those guys would be happy playing as "Slash's band" rather than being a proper band.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good point metallex, they may want a propper band name and setting... Slash picked a hell of a touring band though, they are fucking awesome and the bass player does great on backing vocals!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too, he's doing some great vocal harmonies with Myles!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I personally was wondering if it's Matt who might not like myles. As in the rise of VR video he was very much looking for an established artist at their level and seemed mega into scott just cos he was already famous. Although I guess there's alterbridge...but you know...they arn't as well known as STP was.

It's all guess work...but i do worry that if they all were into him, they'd have started already, although maybe not....maybe slash wasn't convinced until they did the solo album, and that's now sold him, but now he wants to finish touring and promoting that first. Would make sence.

I dont think we'll see the touring band stay together and record, as kickass as that would be, as usually it seems like slash puts together an outfit for a sepcific project then it disbands...or at least Snakepit 1 and 2 seemed to go that way.

I'm not too fussed on Dave, he seems to do the job, but VR is Matt, Duff and Slash to me...especially Duff and Slash...they just go too well together....really looking forward to some heavier shit from them...especially given slash is back in form.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

All it needs to be is more like Snakepit #1.  The fact it wont have that prick weiland on it is a win.  And Duff might be in JA, but that doesnt mean he`s tied down to anything and he can certainly be in more than 1 band..easily.

faldor

faldor wrote:
mickronson wrote:

All it needs to be is more like Snakepit #1.  The fact it wont have that prick weiland on it is a win.  And Duff might be in JA, but that doesnt mean he`s tied down to anything and he can certainly be in more than 1 band..easily.

True, but he can't tour with 2 bands at once and plans are for Janes Addiction to tour right?  I would expect if VR were to reconvene they'd want to wrap up an album and tour it as well.  Therein would lie the problem.

And I quite like Scott Weiland, but it's obvious that wasn't a good fit.  I'll certainly give them another shot, whoever they decide on as lead man.  Myles, or whoever it may be.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
faldor wrote:
mickronson wrote:

True, but he can't tour with 2 bands at once and plans are for Janes Addiction to tour right?  I would expect if VR were to reconvene they'd want to wrap up an album and tour it as well.  Therein would lie the problem.

And I quite like Scott Weiland, but it's obvious that wasn't a good fit.  I'll certainly give them another shot, whoever they decide on as lead man.  Myles, or whoever it may be.

Unless JA tour 365 days of the year I dont see a problem.. And if it really came down to it the VR paycheck would be important...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Good call on the snakepit 1, damn that was a good band, so bad ass riffs on that album.

I felt sahara from the solo album was on the road back to that kind of song too....love to see them get into it with a heavier singer.

Board footer