You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: GNR's most ridiculous and WTF moments

-D- wrote:

I still like the theory that Axl sang that way cause they were in them iddle of recording and he didn't want to damage his voice so he did the more Falsetto vocal then his power.

whats even more bizarre is how the CD songs sounded BETTER with that high pitched voice.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

whats even more bizarre is how the CD songs sounded BETTER with that high pitched voice.

I dunno about better, but it did suit them ok. That's what made me interested in a new album, because in my opinion, at RIR, on the new songs Axl and the band sounded great, but on the older stuff it was just bizzare. So i became facinated with what the new album would be like.

-D-

-D- wrote:

OK i take half of it back.. i thought The Blues for sure and Madagasar did..

I remember buyin a boot of RIR 3 and i loved it! Always seemed on the 2002 tour the band weren't real into the old stuff but played the fuck out of their stuff.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Can't locate the video but when Axl cut his hand and left the stage, Slash said its just a wardrobe change and Axl comes out and threatens to kick his ass!

how fuckin awkward! LOL!

wonder how that went backstage after the show.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ Good call.....another good one is the boot where slash misplaces his shoes and goes off looking for them for a while....and axl's left going "I'm not here to do standup comedy slash" or something like that.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

dz6wao.jpg

-D-

-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ Good call.....another good one is the boot where slash misplaces his shoes and goes off looking for them for a while....and axl's left going "I'm not here to do standup comedy slash" or something like that.

Ive never seen that one! or heard that one!

haha awesome!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Of course all the talk of exorcisms, reading people from their photos, sensing the magentism of venues and numerous other BS this woman obviously needs a mention:

1t9efb.jpg

-D-

-D- wrote:

Great fucking call dude! now that was some weird shit

or hey

remember when Erin or someone said that Axl said he was possessed by John Bonham or some shit

that is the quintessential WTF

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Ive never seen that one! or heard that one!

haha awesome!

I'm trying for the life of me to find it now but comming up empty so far!

God knows how, but in a WTF moment slash somehow has lost his shoes, and he says something like "i have to go get my shoes" and goes off stage. Meanwhile Axl is kind of chilling out for a while and then begins telling one of his stories. Eventually he gets fed up and says something like "How about it slash? I didn't come out here to do standup comedy". Still no slash. So axl goes into a rant about something or other that's shitting him at the time and it sounds like he's starting to actually get annoyed. Then mid sentance you hear slash come on over the PA - he's obviously run back barefoot when he heard the remark about the standup - and he's like "No no...it's cool it's cool...I just have to find my fucking shoes man"..and that sounds bizzare mixed into Axl's story....Axl like ignores this entirely and contnues his rant...then eventually slash comes back with shoes and they rock on.....or something similar....i might have it a bit wrong cos I last heard it years ago...but it was pretty funny just cos I always thought like how did he loose his fucking shoes in the middle of a gig.

Board footer