You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: What Axl & Slash would sound like in 2010

I do love the way he incorporated Axl's spoken-word vocals from the GTA video game - really makes it sound like an Illusions-era track, like KOHD or Breakdown. smile

Still think Better goes, um, better with Beautiful Dangerous, though.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Guns N'™ Roses 'reunite'  on GNR Revisted mashup
By Chris Coplan on August 16th, 2010 in News
1 Comment ».+ Bookmark & Share..
Yes, Guns N'™ Roses did play their first U.S. show in four years during the final night of the Rock '˜N Rev Music Festival, but it'™s just not the same without the original lineup. If you feel our pained nostalgia, we'™ve got a bit of a treat from you: a virtual reunion by the legendary rockers in the form of a mashup EP.

According to the Guns N'™ F'™ Roses blog (via AntiMusic), the EP mixes Axl Rose'™s vocals from Chinese Democracy (specifically 'Prostitute' , 'Chinese Democracy' , 'If the World' , 'There Was a Time' , 'Scraped' , and 'Madagascar' ) with cuts from Slash'™s solo album ('Beautiful Dangerous' ) and the Slash/Duff McKagan-featuring Velvet Revolver ('Slither'  and 'Messages' ). The EP, put together by DJ 5agge, is a musical journey to an alternate dimension, a simpler time when Guns N'™ Roses probably didn'™t hate each other.

You can watch videos for each of the tracks here

http://youtube.com/5agge

or download a ZIP file of the EP here
http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/ … -download/

GNR Revisited EP Tracklist:
1. A New Beginning
2. If The World
3. The Nightmareline Blues
4. Messages From Madagascar

wow

His version of if the world is better than the CD version and better than slither too !

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

[youtube]3iUeZzvAKRQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Would this have been the best song on CD?  No, I am not being sarcastic...  This guy is so talented that did these.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The thing I always say about these too is that an actual Axl and Slash colaboration would eclipse them by far cos at the end of the day these are putting melodies together that arn't designed for one another. As cool as those were...I suspect the idea of what slash would do on Maddy or Axl would have done on messages...I think would have been even cooler.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

sadly we wont ever hear what they could do together..
we are the biggest losers of that unfortunate circumstance..

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Slash feat. Axl & Izzy - Better

Lomax wrote:

Ahhh. I had high hopes for a better remix from this guy. This is just shit. I refuse to believe the guy who did the slither if the world mix did this same monstrosity.

The whole feeling is off. Better is almost atonal which is what made it so god damn cool. Atonal rock. Its just perfect when its with a guy who can actually sing that type of stuff well. Brian moloko chris cornell and Axl. But this major key happiness fest don't work

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Awful.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's terrible and there's no way that's the same guy that originally released that EP of four songs.

The best one was the Prostitute/Beautilful Dangerous mashup, and the Slither/If The World was one was pretty good too. I thought the Pros/BD one was great. Never really liked anything past that.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Bump. Anyone have a new download link? Gnfnr isn't working for me. Much appreciated. Nightmareline blues ftw

Board footer