You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: What Next??

bigbri wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

these guys are certainly capable of buckling down & cutting another great album.

I'm curious why you think that since they haven't done a great album since 1991? And if you mean the VR crew, when did they cut a "great" album in the first place?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

these guys are certainly capable of buckling down & cutting another great album.

I'm curious why you think that since they haven't done a great album since 1991? And if you mean the VR crew, when did they cut a "great" album in the first place?

16 No shit. I could put their good songs on an EP:

Slither
Fall to Pieces

Bonus tracks:

The Last Fight
SBQM

nugdafied wrote:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Contraband is a great album. Sucker Train Blues, Illegal I, Set Me Free, YGNR, Slither, DLT, LTA are all top shelf as far as I'm concerned. Then, the ironic part is that I personally can't stand FTP, which is alot of peoples favorite. I don't know what happened on Libertad. Maybe the two stars were saving their best ideas for their respective solo albums?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I don't think it's over.  These guys will probably stick together and carry on this current disaster.  I've been a big VR supporter, but I can see that these guys are doomed.  At the same time, I think they're blind to it and will do another album and maybe release a DVD before they split for good.  After that, Weiland will likely end up back with STP and a GNR reunion will probably happen.  Other than that, I don't see Slash, Duff, and Matt trying to get a new singer or anything like that.  They'll just go their separate ways, realizing they're not the biggest band in the world.

With that being said, I'd like to see a new Snakepit or Blues Ball tour with a new album from Slash.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I have no interest in a Slash solo album, he isn't the kind of guitarist that can carry a band anymore and he isn't a good song writer either.

I strongly disagree with that...I think his performance of the snakepit records outplays gnr in places - in terms of carrying the band.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think VR is dead. That's just my opinion. I expect Slash to go solo and have one song that gets some airplay, if he picks from a wide selection of singers. As for Duff and Matt who knows. Hopefully Duff will find something to do, but I can't think of a band or musicians that he could logically work with right now or in the near future.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Slither and Fall to Pieces were glimpses of "what may be" to me but that was the highlights and the end of anything of note from this band.  With the talent and potential that Velvet Revolver had this band has been nothing short of a major disappointment to me.  Libertad was horrible in my opinion.  To me THAT was the end. 

From here I'd (of course) like to see the original GNR reunite but NOT until Chinese Democracy is released.  Otherwise I wouldn't mind seeing a new band form with Duff and Slash ... I could give a shit less about the rest.  I liked STP but Weiland has done nothing outside of Slither really to impress me with VR.

Slash should do his solo album

Duff, he should start working with izzy again like he used to. 

Matt?  I don't care

Dave?  I'm not fussed

Scott?  clean himself up and call up the DeLeo bros.

I do like seeing Slash and Duff playing together, but they need a different singer, Slash needs to return to his roots, and they need to drop Matt Sorum.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Slash needs to return to his roots, and they need to drop Matt Sorum.

I found this funny. Slash return to his roots? He's been playing the same thing for 20 years! Matt definitely needs to go, you're absolutely correct there. In fact, I wouldn't mind if I never hear or see anything from him again.

bigbri wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Slash needs to return to his roots, and they need to drop Matt Sorum.

I found this funny. Slash return to his roots? He's been playing the same thing for 20 years! Matt definitely needs to go, you're absolutely correct there. In fact, I wouldn't mind if I never hear or see anything from him again.

agreed on Matt smile

As for Slash, I agree he's been pretty much doing the same thing.. but for whatever reason, he's not doing what he does best in VR.   Nothing outside of maybe Messages and the Slither solo sound like someting I would expect from Slash.

Board footer