You are not logged in. Please register or login.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

Re: July 3rd show to be recorded and released on CD

alexh0618 wrote:
monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Was about to post this!!

Here's the details for those on slow connections:

Slash and his band will be recorded at Manchester Academy in Manchester, UK on July 3rd. Abbey Road Live will be there to record the performance and have it mixed and mastered on-the-fly, specifically for delivery to CD '“ not to be confused with a 'board�  mix, which usually just involves plugging into the house sound console and taking their mix.
Each collectible disc set will be offered for $30 (£20) online at http://slashlive.sandbag.uk.com, or £20 at the show in Manchester. Discs may either be picked up at the end of the show, or shipped home.

In addition to Slash and Kennedy, other band members that will be featured on the CD set include Bobby Schneck on guitar; Todd Kerns on bass and backing vocals; and Brent Fitz on drums.
Pre-sale for the CDs are happening now at
http://slashlive.sandbag.uk.com, and sales will only continue until all 1200 CDs are sold.

I've pre-ordered it! I'm not much into live albums, but slash sometimes really adds something special live, and I like myles' take on VR too - so I figure it will be worth a listen!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Hope they do this for the Aussie tour, would be cool to have the Aussie shows on CD with good quality mix.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Why can't Axl do this?

Sky Dog wrote:

Cause he doesn't want to?

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

'cause his live performances have a higher risk of being... uhm... less ideal to put on CD

Sky Dog wrote:

Cause he is under contract with Universal and doesn't have the final say in what is released under the Guns N' Roses name? 22

There are a lot of reasons why. If it sounds anything as musically and vocally shitty as Live Era, I don't want to hear it anyway.:peace:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and if axl did this then peopel would complain it was a cash grab... 16

i htink its pretty cool idea...sucks if you are a collector though...still i know that the only shows i'm interested in getting live are the ones i attended...not just with GnRm but with any band

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

There are a lot of reasons why. If it sounds anything as musically and vocally shitty as Live Era, I don't want to hear it anyway.

i was disappointed in Live era as well...and while i'm at it the Tokyo DVDs sucked too

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo wrote:

and if axl did this then peopel would complain it was a cash grab... 16

i htink its pretty cool idea...sucks if you are a collector though...still i know that the only shows i'm interested in getting live are the ones i attended...not just with GnRm but with any band

It is a great idea and the 1200 will go very quickly I imagine.

Board footer