You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: GNR remix album

bigbri wrote:

Buried on this page from Brain and Melissa, the two working with Bucket on his five-disc "Best Regards" box set just released, is a little nugget about the two remixing Chinese Democracy songs.

http://brainandmelissa.com/

bucket

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Nice find!  Wonder if that's meant to be strictly a Chinese Democracy re-mix album, or if its just 3 tracks amongst other songs.  I also wonder if it'll ever see the light of day since it has to do with Guns N' Roses.

Both Brain and Melissa had the foresight early on to drive their musical careers in more than one direction. Though they each have an impressive list of accomplishments in their own right, as a production team they are becoming a force to reckon with. These days the pair is involved in a plethora of composing, writing and scoring projects. This year alone they have already done two major game themes for Sony Playstation, several pieces of original music for Playstation home, and are also scoring a major Playstation series release set for February 2011. They have produced three Guns N'™ Roses remixes from Chinese Democracy at the request of Axl Rose to be released on an upcoming remix album, and they have just come off scoring the E3 2010 Xbox media briefing convention for Microsoft. The duo has also done numerous film trailer pieces some of which can be heard on Casa Verdugo, the forthcoming media LP from Howling Entertainment. Currently, Brain and Melissa are gearing up for the release of the first volume of three avant-garde 5-disc sets they are doing collaboratively with Buckethead entitled 'Best Regards� .

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I like this last sentence: "Currently, Brain and Melissa are gearing up for the release of the first volume of three avant-garde 5-disc sets they are doing collaboratively with Buckethead entitled 'Best Regards."

faldor

faldor wrote:

On a related note, from "NewGNRnOldGNR" over at HTGTH.

1. Who would you consider to be your biggest musical influences to date?

The one and only Miles Davis

2. How has the recent touring with Bernie Worrell, Blackbyrd McKnight and TM Stevens been, and will there be more dates added to the present schedule?

It's been awesome... They are all legends in my book!!! I'm learning so much about music and life from those heavies!!! I won't be touring with them anymore... That incarnation of the band is defunked now and I'm not sure who's in the current line up.

3. Have you been working on any of your material that you feel is near completion and ready for release? Please describe the current sound and vibe of your studio work.

Bucket and I just recorded a 5 disk set entitled 'Best Regards'. We call it 'Binge' music!!! ('Best Regards'  is available from 'T.D.R.S Music'  and each copy has its own drawing actually drawn by Buckethead, Bryan and the keyboardist Melissa.)

4. Axl mentioned that you were "working on things for the band" during his forum appearances in December 2008, what exactly did and are you working on for the band?

That's top secret stuff!!!

5. Seeing as your involvement with the band now consists of mainly studio work, is it fair to say that you will be featured on a future Guns N' Roses album?

I hope so!!!!!

6. You toured with the band at a time when Buckethead and Robin Finck were also members, have you kept contact with both, if so, how is Buckethead?

Yeah a little bit... Just recently hooked up with bucket again for that disk we did. He's awesome!!!!!!!

7. You have released an instructional package for drummers before, do you have any plans to release a similar package in the future?

I just made 'Brain Has Made the Worst Drum Instructional Ever'. It came out a couple of years ago!!!

8. I believe your wife gave birth to a child during 2006 when you were on tour with Guns N' Roses, how has becoming a father been for you?

It's been great! I love being a dad!!!

9. Have you been viewing the videos of the "Chinese Democracy World Tour" which have surfaced, and if so, what do you think of the band on tour so far?

They look fuckin awesome!!!!!

10. What has DJ Ashba brought to the band for you, and do you feel his addition was a positive one?

He seems great! I haven't worked with him yet.

11. Regarding your current work with Guns N' Roses in the studio, have there been any possible tracks you have worked on which have really stood out for you?

Can't talk about the top secret shit .

12. Are there any plans for the current band to hit the studio with you when they return from their travels?

No nothing that I've heard

13. Since the release of "Chinese Democracy" I'm sure you've had time to reflect upon your work on the record. What on the record stands out as your best work? Could you see yourself remixing parts of the album?

i'm proud of all of it...  i love i'm sorry ('Brain'  recently revealed in an interview that he had been working on some really cool remixes for Guns N' Roses. According to http://brainandmelissa.com/ Bryan and Melissa have produced three Guns N'™ Roses remixes from 'Chinese Democracy'  at the request of Axl Rose to be released on an upcoming remix album.)

14. What exactly is Mr. Mantia occupying himself with at present?

i'm currently composing for tv, video and film

15. Could you dislose something interesting which happened during the recording of "Chinese Democracy"?

i recorded three songs in the nude!!!

16. And lastly, what are you listening to on your iPod?

chick corea "Frieds"

Love ya -peace

Bryan 'Brain'  Mantia stated that he's 'out of the band for now' . He also shed some light on his old band from quite some time ago, 'Ted Zeppelin' . He stated that both 'Ted'  and 'Zeppelin' were his favourite bands whilst he was younger hence the name combination. 'Ted Zeppelin'  was an era he personally 'loved' .

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Hmm that's really interesting.  Perhaps a fully remixed album, with promo, videos, a US tour etc may be the intended strategy.

Axl will try and sell it as being the way the he wanted the album to come out and be promoted etc etc, instead of the way that the big bad record company and management released it.

Poor Brain may have inadvertantly let the cat out of the bag.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If nobody liked it the first time, it's unlikely they are even going to give a remix album a chance regardless of how good it is.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe he is the one mixing the mashups as well... Like the killer "If The World/Slither" mashup in the "Downloads" area of the forum.. haha..

Brain seems like a really cool dude.. I noticed he didn't say anything about Robin when asked.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Hmm that's really interesting.  Perhaps a fully remixed album, with promo, videos, a US tour etc may be the intended strategy.

Axl will try and sell it as being the way the he wanted the album to come out and be promoted etc etc, instead of the way that the big bad record company and management released it.

Poor Brain may have inadvertantly let the cat out of the bag.

I don't think I'd go that far.  I'd be much more willing to bet this supposed remix album never sees the light of day than the scenario you described.  Though I'd love for it to happen that way.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If nobody liked it the first time, it's unlikely they are even going to give a remix album a chance regardless of how good it is.

Agreed.  And along the lines of what I was saying in the other thread.  If people, including you Buzz, didn't like the songs the way they were it's doubtful they're going to like any remix versions.  If you thought Chinese Democracy was an album for the fans, you ain't seen nothing yet.  Again, IF the album were to ever come out, which I have my doubts.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Chinese Democracy 2.0 starts now?

Board footer