You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Sturgis, South Dakota, USA (Rock 'N Rev Festival)

misterID wrote:

Is that the same jacket from back in the day??? Haven't seen it since 1991!

And I don't see a promoter taking up for a band if there's any kind of problem with a show, as shown in past nuGNR concerts. A promoter has no affiliation with a band outside the shows they book, and no reason to protect them. Especially a band like GNR. If there was a huge deal that GNR caused, the promoter would be the first to blame the band. I've seen many wars between promoters and artists before, no matter how big the band name.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

All of a sudden promoters think GNR are the most important band ever and will bend over backwards to make sure they look good.  I thought this band was unmarketable and nobody cared about them?  If that was the case, why the hell would a promoter stick up for them in this instance?  What do they have to gain?  They had to give away tickets 2 for 1, it's not like they have a gold mine that they don't want to piss off.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've just never seen it before. I know there were minor problems with festival shows like GNR's involving douchebags Daughtry (sp?) and Fred Durst, at the height of their fame and the promoters totally flamed them for it. Those are just the 2 I know of directly, there have been many, many more.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Big name headliners, aren't gonna do his/her festivals, shows, and bring them money and business, if the last guy got slammed for each and every little thing.

The guy is kissing Axl's ass, because it's just good business.

Perhaps...but then they also arn't going to do your festival if you look like you don't run it properly. Equipment fuckups that derail a show by nearly 2 hours make it look like you are unprofessional and running a bad festival.

If he does want to keep the business of other big bands, say an Ac/Dc - wouldn't it be better to admit that the show went to shit because a band with a history of late-starts again pulled their usual antics, or would it be better to say the show failed because the people he hired and orginised to run the show and sound systems and by extension him has the promoter were incompetent and not up to running a big show.

I can't see a promoter taking this kind of heat, while bashing the band would make him look bad, he looks worse to have just plain had technical problems at a level that fucked up the main event. If he says Axl was ready to go at 11.30 - i'd say it means Axl was ready to go. He has no reason to lie.

And all these people saying they know Axl didn't come till after midnight? How exactly again? Because a chopper landed at the venue? Ever think that was maybe someone from one of the other big bands leaving? Or something else?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Big name headliners, aren't gonna do his/her festivals, shows, and bring them money and business, if the last guy got slammed for each and every little thing.

The guy is kissing Axl's ass, because it's just good business.

Perhaps...but then they also arn't going to do your festival if you look like you don't run it properly. Equipment fuckups that derail a show by nearly 2 hours make it look like you are unprofessional and running a bad festival.

If he does want to keep the business of other big bands, say an Ac/Dc - wouldn't it be better to admit that the show went to shit because a band with a history of late-starts again pulled their usual antics, or would it be better to say the show failed because the people he hired and orginised to run the show and sound systems and by extension him has the promoter were incompetent and not up to running a big show.

I can't see a promoter taking this kind of heat, while bashing the band would make him look bad, he looks worse to have just plain had technical problems at a level that fucked up the main event. If he says Axl was ready to go at 11.30 - i'd say it means Axl was ready to go. He has no reason to lie.

And all these people saying they know Axl didn't come till after midnight? How exactly again? Because a chopper landed at the venue? Ever think that was maybe someone from one of the other big bands leaving? Or something else?

What he said

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting counter Monkey...

Board footer