You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Obama backs mosque near Ground Zero

Stepvhen wrote:

^^ Thers not one single religion thats better than another they are all ridiculous pre science attempts at explaining the world around our ancient ancestors, thats not the problem, the problem is that people think that a human being of one religion is fundamentally different to a human being of another religion when in reality they are not.

On top of that I have yet to meet a single proper atheist, I've met loads of people who believe that god does not exist and  believe religion is useless and so call themselves atheists, which is no only ironic its stupid.
Atheists are people who do not hold any beliefs as far as a true Atheist is concerned there might well be a God, but they will not "believe" in it without empirical proof. Atheism is kind of win win in that regard

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If your argument stated that atheism is also a "belief", it is not correct, but a misunderstanding people have. It was kind of hard to read.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
DCK wrote:

If your argument stated that atheism is also a "belief", it is not correct, but a misunderstanding people have. It was kind of hard to read.

Nope I was trying to say what you said here^^ that its the absence of belief

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
DCK wrote:

Yeah, sadly they call that a dictatorship big_smile

Well yeah, it would be. To ban religon would be just as bad to impose it on people.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Welcome to America, where you are free to buy property and worship as you wish. If you don't like the Mosque you are also welcome to buy the place next door and open a BBQ joint. It's that simple really.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

A terrorist attack, in the name of Islam, who killed over 3,000 Americans, has a mosque, three blocks from where it happened.

You don't feel in anyway that this is a spiteful play? At all?

Many of those Americans who died that day were also Muslim. The guy who owns the property has also been there for years.

The argument is too black and white anyway: Should we also conclude that all Catholics advocate and condone the molestation of children since so many priests have been found guilty of such crimes? Should we follow that logic and insist that no new churches be built within a mile of any elementary school?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The argument is too black and white anyway:

Sadly, it's how it is with most things. Not sure where it has come from, but it seems to be growing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The "fuck you" statement was in reference to Obama caving into political pressure. Instead of coming out and giving a clear, definitive opinion on something, he HID behind America's right to freedom of religion.

I felt it was a cop out. He should've been clear, one way or the other. Good or bad. I don't care.

This fence riding with this mother fucker, that I voted for, is OLD OLD OLD. And mark my words, this mosque thing will be his death nail in 2012. It'll be beat into the goddamn ground so much, you're gonna hate the Republican party more, and STILL vote Republican by November.

Stepvhen wrote:

Drop into a mosque have a look around chat to some of the people there and after they welcome you in, see how it affects your opinion. There are more white christian terrorists in the world today than there are muslim ones

That really has nothing to do with what I was saying. I'm not an Islamaphobe. I have friends who believe in it, and I have been in and around that religion.

I don't feel they are "all dem crazee terrerists that r gonna blew up Amerka... USA USA USA".

I don't feel this is about terrorism or a terroristic threat. I just feel it's in poor taste.

Cramer wrote:

Welcome to America, where you are free to buy property and worship as you wish. If you don't like the Mosque you are also welcome to buy the place next door and open a BBQ joint. It's that simple really.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I find a property to lease for the local NAMBLA chapter, next to an Elementary school.

Something tells me at the least it'll be found in poor taste, if not perceived as a threat to safety.

Cramer wrote:

Many of those Americans who died that day were also Muslim.

There's a point in that, i'm not gonna argue. It would be the ultimate statement to acknowledge that, because by acknowledging that, you acknowledge the terrorist act as evil, and not of God. Anyone's.

But no one is gonna see it that way.

Cramer wrote:

The guy who owns the property has also been there for years.

Then he should know better, and have better sense as to how NYC feels about that particular day.

I'm not saying we can't be peace, love and harmony one day, just like we were with the Japanese after Pearl Harbor.

But we need a little more time for the wound to heal. Then we can start holding hands.

Cramer wrote:

The argument is too black and white anyway:

You said it. Just like I can't make a statement about Obama, without being throw into an anti-Islam group. Or if i'm pissed at Obama, despite voting for the guy, i'm an idiot Republican, and racist. I can't use the word Raghead when referring to an enemy, not a people, without being a racist. You can't talk about molesting priests without being anti-Christian. You can't talk loving America, without loving oppression and genocide.

There's alot of fuckin' things that are too black and white. It eats me up sometimes. Labels and factions will destroy this world, mark my words. I really couldn't be more sick of it. Americans vs. Muslims, Atheists vs. the Religious, Blacks vs. Whites, South vs. North, Republicans vs. Democrats, Whores vs. Virgins, Cubs vs. White Sox...

Somedays... 17

It comes down to respect. Nobody respects anyone's ideas. If they want a mosque, fine, respect that others disagree. Nope, it has to be a WAR. Anti-mosque people are idiots, while pro-mosque people are enlightened. Anti-Arizona Immigration, see profiling, and they're right, but Pro-Arizona Immigration see enforcing law, and they're right, but what does it come down to, pro-law are racists, and anti-law are criminals, and they're all just people with different ideas.

The hatred I just don't get on any damn side of the fence. I really don't.

*end rant*

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't feel they are "all dem crazee terrerists that r gonna blew up Amerka... USA USA USA".

I don't feel this is about terrorism or a terroristic threat. I just feel it's in poor taste.

Poor taste I get ya, that is a good point.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Just saying the Church that was at Ground Zero hasn't been green lit to rebuild yet.. It's the same shit this county does with Black people. Not to sound like a bigit but truths are truths. If the people don't want it there then it shouldn't be built. Got to question the guy's motives on why he wants it there. Something is off I think.

Board footer