You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

Axlin16 wrote:

The true fanaticals are the ones who spin this into a "non-event".

Unbelieveable.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
DCK wrote:

So damage control is bad. Well, they propably still don't really know what's going on. Peoples celeb Twitter account are usually hacked from time to time, and GNR management/control usually are dazed and confused.

I just created a new twitter account, changed the password and requested a new password in under 4 minutes... If the account got hacked, they now about it ('cause they pretty much told us themselves about 10 hours or so ago). It should have been fixed before they even posted about it, it's that easy. Stop kidding yourself

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Don't you understand, or are you that addicted to the Kool Aid that you can't give it up? ....

I know you better than that, you don't mean something that ignorant.

I'm fanatical now... Okay.

This is easy an easy response. I do not give a fucking shit what you, or anyone else thinks about GNR, or what turned the tide to make you bitter. Don't care. It doesn't impact what I think at all. You're the one still trying to convince people that your way is right.

Add to that, I've already said this line up doesn't excite me. I've been very honest in my views of how Axl has run the band, put out the album, even up to this moment, concert start times, his attitude, behavior, ext... But yet, I'm fanatical because I think a twitter post is a non event. Yup...

If it has some bigger significance to you, then fine. It doesn't with me.

If you're not happy with the term bullshit, I'll give you another then: Pulling shit out of your ass and acting like you know better than anyone else who doesn't fucking agree with you.

If you indentify yourself as one of the ones who "turned to the darkside" whatever the fuck that shit means, then fine. It wasn't aimed you. I've always respected your opinion, even though I disagreed with it sometimes. I even respect Bono, even though I think his opinion is completely jaded and he needs to take a valium whenever anyone disagrees with him. It's very unfortunate that I was wrong in thinking that you shared that same respect.

And if you can't fucking understand that I was saying that Russ has been unhappy with GNR for a long time and his "sudden" anger has really very, very little to do with a twitter post and has more to do with the band itself and that its been brewing over time, and that his "bitterness" was different than people like Smoking Guns piping in with his shit every chance he gets (which I've observed since about 2000 when I got on these boards) then you need to do some soul searching and find out who's really fucking ignorant here.

And I'm sorry, I thought Axl did clear this whole mess up in a nano second when it was announced his account had been hacked. That Kool Aid must have impaired my vision. Some of you just decided to think he was lying. Which is abslutely your perogative, which I can understand. And you know what, he totally could be lying. But apparently if someone disagrees with you...

Axlin08 wrote:

Just because it doesn't line up with sucking Axl's cock, doesn't make it 'bullshitting' about it.

...you can go fuck yourself.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I just created a new twitter account, changed the password and requested a new password in under 4 minutes... If the account got hacked, they now about it ('cause they pretty much told us themselves about 10 hours or so ago). It should have been fixed before they even posted about it, it's that easy. Stop kidding yourself

I wasn't kidding myself, I was implying that GNR management/control usually have no control over anything and walks around like a little kid in a foggy forest, with no idea of which direction to go. There, is that good enough negativity for you, or should I progress on the matter further?

Oh and karma for MisterID. Not on the last part, as calling people names is something I usually try to refrain from, but for everything else 22

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If this shit didn't happen all the time, maybe some would believe it, but it is the sum of all past events that is pushing people to the limits.

No, that's bullshit. The same people who have been saying the same bullshit are still saying the same bullshit they've been saying during every other "incident" that comes along. This twitter thing is just an excuse to say it again. And then of course there's D, who's perspective changes depending on whatever message board he's on at the moment.

But people acting like this is some kind of huge outrage is more than a little of an overreaction, and, tbh, is a bit ridiculous and childish.

Now, if you've had something brewing for a while, like Russ, and this somehow sets you off, that's one thing. But acting like this is a huge deal is just stupid. It's a hacked twitter account. It's happened to a shit load of celebrities. AND IT JUST HAPPENED.

Did he actually post it then turn around and change his mind? Maybe. But acting like he did, for a fact, do it is what's truly bullshit.

All I see are a bunch of people either overreacting or using this incident like they do with every other incident invloving GNR in the last ten years, to insert more of their assumptions and opinions about shit that doesn't really matter.

Yeah, you don't care about GNR anymore or Axl. What's new. That's why you can't stop fucking talking about them.

Well said!!  22

I saw the GNR-tweet about the Axl-tweet and just tought "Oh well just another hacked account. Happens all the fucking time..."

Then I come here and people are besides themselvs with anger..

I feel bad for Russ though...

That stuff about about Ron not being happy on stage kinda reminds me of the first show in Norway back in May. He seemed really pissed at Axl back then as well.
But like Ron said to someone, nobody has left the band. So they're obviously talking about stuff off stage, and work shit out.
They're just people....

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Unbelieveable.

i think you do have a point that it is another example of the poor management of the band.
radio stations over here are reporting the upcoming belfast gig is cancelled so obviously the clean-up hasn't been as thorough as it should be (but paradoxically it also shows that people do care or take an interest).

but it also has been blown out of proportion for something that on the surface at least doesn't seem to be axl or GnR's fault. now obv their way of dealing with these things, incidents like this are bound to happen so in that respect they do have to shoulder some blame.
but in terms of this being the straw that broke the camels back of many fans i don't buy. like you've said we've suffered thru much crazier bullshit from axl before. this is relatively small fry & quite innocuous in the grander scheme of the clusterfuck.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Unbelieveable.

Karma. Absolutely true. Can someone point me in the direction of the statement from Guns N Roses saying Axls twitter account was hacked and the tour is still on? Cause all I can see is the official, dont believe anything except me and my twitter, mouthpiece of the organisation saying the tour is off. On top of that it was on the radio here that all UK shows have been cancelled and I've had 5 seperate text messages this morning from people telling me the shows are off.

Yeah nothing major, just gives me an excuse to recycle this from earlier in the thread:

nakedgun.gif

Nope nothing to see here, move along...

johndivney wrote:

yea that clip is so otm ^

it IS peculiar to the extreme they haven't come out with a frank denial. i'm sure there are people (a handful) trying to get refunds n what not. a statement coulda easily been issued yesterday but instead dj $lashba was too busy jerking us around tryin 2 take the piss.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dunno what your experience of cancelled shows are but in mine, people are pretty swift out of the blocks in wanting to get their money back incase the venues/agencies try screw them around.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

They better get on that damage control thing soon. But as with all things on this board, it's armageddon every time something happens. If I had a dollar every time someone said "this band is done" or "that's it"......

But "they are looking into it". hehe.

I know what it reminds me of though. Left winged USA/NATO haters. I run into them online from time to time. They use the exact same approach.

Unbelieveable.

Yeah, you're onto us now, Fox Mulder 16:haha::haha:

It's not that I don't agree with you X-files chaps from time to time, it's just that you blow it so majorly out of all proportions it's hard to actually step forward and say "I agree". Either you go on a massive conspiracy binge or you treat it like the world is coming to an end. Seriously, I am a fan of constructive criticism, but when you go so out of your own socks, it's simply hard to top it or actually be on the same level. You treat MisterID as some kind of Axl kool aid dork, but he got realistic points and well thought of posts, and all you do is put on your UFO hat and cook up some theory even left winged USA-haters would have problem topping in their "field of work".

I've been involved with another band. I've seen behind the scenes, and it was such a major screw up (and still is), I just see things a bit different. You always pull out "that would never happen to this and that artist", but yeah, it does and I've seen it. They had an autograph signing session just 10 minutes away from my house once, and no one told anyone online or anywhere else, so I never went. It may come as a shock to you that shit like this actually does happen outside Axl Rose and GNR, but it does.

Board footer