You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

jamester wrote:
DCK wrote:

From Ron:

"Leaving for the UK on Monday, for the GNR TOUR. NOT quitting GNR, don't listen to any trolls and dweebs pretending they have a clue."

14  urmm yes  ....so  speaking of Ron did anyone catch the interview last night with Radio Deadly @  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Dea … 5206096921  I was hopeful some of you  had a transcript  or could share how it went?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Yes you can find it here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … 6901&st=30

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2AV6IIB2

Some pretty telling comments from Ron, he's not sugar coating much these days.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Yes you can find it here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … 6901&st=30

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2AV6IIB2

Some pretty telling comments from Ron, he's not sugar coating much these days.

Thanx for the link! im halfway thru and already the best bumble interview ive heard. great guy and good questions and im not even to fan questions yet!~

ROCK ON RON! Hands down the best for fans in years :bee

Wow the interview got deep near the end-its nice to hear how these guys feel.
  IMHO this was better than a full interview of "Gettin paid and gettin laid"

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I tried to listen, but got extremely embaressed on behalf of those guys trying to interview him.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Driving to work today I listened to a little bit of Eddie Trunk's Sirius/XM show from this Monday.  I occasionally tape the show and I only got the last hour plus this time around.  Anyway he brought up the fact that he hadn't heard anything about the GNR show at Sturgis to that point.  Shows how little most people pay attention to this band these days.  I mean, the GNR world was up in arms for a few days and Eddie hadn't even heard about the show, never mind the twitter event.

Secondly, a caller said that he had heard from a friend who has a friend in the business that plays in 2 bands that the Guns N' Roses reuinion is going to happen but he didn't want to give away when it was going to be announced.  Eddie told him to just say it, and that wasn't giving anything away.  So the caller said he heard it would be announced in January and that he wasn't sure if Izzy would be involved.  If not, Gilby would take his place.  Eddie said there were a zillion "rumors", but he just couldn't see it happening.  He said the only way he could see it is if somehow Axl went through all his money.  He did go on to say that Doc Mcghee was the driving force behind the Kiss reuinion in the 90's and that any manager would at least try to play that card

Obviously, I'm not buying this story one bit.  But, I will say, it didn't seem that the caller was a rabid GNR fan trying to stir shit up at all.  He had various other topics to discuss and GNR was last on the list.  So take it for what it's worth and add it to the list of rumors.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't buy it for a second. If Irving Azoff couldn't put it together, I highly doubt Doc McGhee could.

Seems to just be the same rumors that existed, because GNR's particular manager at that point had reunions to their credit in the past.

Unless somehow Doc conceived an idea to give Axl virtually all the proceeds from a reunion, like Paul & Gene got in 1996.

I highly doubt Slash would like that, unless he's gonna cut a big cut, and Axl & Slash would give everyone else the leftovers.

In any reunion scenario, I don't see Gilby being brought back. I'd see Richard Fortus on rhythm before that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

So the caller said he heard it would be announced in January and that he wasn't sure if Izzy would be involved.  If not, Gilby would take his place.

Slash is booked to play the soundwave festival with his solo band in March in Australia.

So then that means they would have to decide now that they will anounce in 5 months time that they will reunite in around another few months on from then.

Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yes welcome...always good to see positive feedback on the band, sadly there isnt enough of it going around these days sad

and dont mind the locals....people are just grumpy these days

Well even the most ardent supports, people who have loitered around the boards for ten years, have become negative at this point. This is the worst I've ever seen it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Believe it or not, 03-06 is still the worst. Vets were just as bitter as they are now, but Axl lost A LOT MORE fans during that period. And outside the bad promotion, single store deal, that is what really hurt CD's success, imo. And that's not a slag or excuse about CD's success, because it was a success. He just lost so much more potential success with the bullshit silence...

*that in my opinion was all about him trying to get Buckethead back*

But the leaks did so much to help the fans who stuck around.

Board footer