You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

James wrote:

One other thing....

Massive silent era volume 2 coming to a forum near you.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:
faldor wrote:

On a positive note, GNR will be in the news tomorrow.  At least you'd think.  Or are they so irrelevant now that people won't even bother talking about this?

At the rate things are moving, I'd say yes... This "cancellation" may blow over rather quickly. Maybe a little Twitter comment from various outlets. But most may not find this front page worthy as it happens too many times. Lady Gaga could drop a fucking deuce on stage and that will be headlines in seconds.

James

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

If they have canncelled "Leeds And Reading", they'll never play another UK festival again.

Good point. Don't know the history of those events, but didn't Elastica cancel an appearance at Reading near the end of the band's run and were essentially blacklisted?

johndivney wrote:

IF axl has done this 4 lulz then it'd be an Epic Win, but i doubt he's that funny..
apparently nobody has left - 'apparently' bumble replied 2 someone sayin "give it 48hrs see if it can be resolved" "

James

James wrote:

Well since someone started an actual thread for it, let's just keep the two other discussions going here. Kind of a hassle, but if you're gonna quote a post regarding it from another thread, please post it in here. Like bri said, no point in discussing the same thing in three threads.

What a clusterfuck.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Its done, its over. Noone in the industry will take a chance on them again.

Yeah, you'd wonder if even Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, or Steven would take a chance on him for a reunion at this point.  Well I'm pretty sure Steven would.  But I highly doubt Izzy would.  Who knows about Matt.  Both Slash and Duff are doing quite fine without Axl, so they probably wouldn't take him back either.  Not that Axl would want a reunion, but he honestly may have nowhere to go now, reunion or otherwise.

faldor

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

IF axl has done this 4 lulz then it'd be an Epic Win, but i doubt he's that funny..
apparently nobody has left - 'apparently' bumble replied 2 someone sayin "give it 48hrs see if it can be resolved" "

Well he did fire Azoff 6 or 7 times in a week, so he does change his mind quite often.  Maybe he'll wake up with a smile on his face tomorrow. 18

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

If they have canncelled "Leeds And Reading", they'll never play another UK festival again.

Good point. Don't know the history of those events, but didn't Elastica cancel an appearance at Reading near the end of the band's run and were essentially blacklisted?

Those festivals are huge, but given Axls track record and yet another aborted tour and one including those shows its a fatal blow. Its over, someone turn the lights out on the way out 2

The festivals are only a couple of weeks away and the main headliner just pulls the plug, thats one major headache for the organisers. And one that will reverb around the world imo, noone will want to risk bringing the Guns N Roses headache upon themselves ever again.

faldor

faldor wrote:

What an exciting time to be a GNR fan.  Now we sit and wait for an explanation.  How long will that take, you think?  I'm sure Axl is prepping a press release as we speak.  Right?

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Are you fucking kidding? Did his twitter get hacked or what? That has happened to celebrities before, but with Axl, this seems somewhat believable. But why?

So frustrating.

Board footer