You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

gnfnraxl wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

lol GNR sad.

After Chinese Democracy didn't meet my expectations I kind of stopped following the band, but obviously I was hoping they would do well regardless. Seeing stuff like this just makes me glad I am pretty over this band. hmm. Just come here to see what you guys write now ^^

Anyways... GNR sad

Damn that Ron!  See while reading your post it immediately jumped to my eyes that it was Ron's fault that you were disappointed in CD and you stopped following the band.  19  Ok amd done with my sarcasm.  Jack it's tough following a band that DOES NOT update their fans.  I seriously didn't know they were still on tour.

Sky Dog wrote:

pathetic....a whole huge thread over NOTHING. Just another example of too much information. Twitter and all these things SUCK. Yep, I am over 40 but Van Halen and Zep and the Stones didn't need this shit. Schedule a tour, show up and play. Axl has done that so far. I don't need to know why Ron got mad, don't need to know why Tommy is in Haiti, don't need a toilet seat form DJ Slashba. This is one of the most useless threads in new Gnr's sordid history.

"Too much of anything, is too much for me."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Welcome to media in 2010. Get on board or fuck off.

Seriously, I say that with all respect. This is how it's done now, and it ain't gonna change. It'll just gonna get worse, after all of us are dead and gone, Axl included.

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

On, they're pretending like it never happened.

That always solves life's problems.

Unbelievable.  And as for your previous post.  Any of them hired Guns as soon as they should decide to leave they will be blamed for everything and anything.  If Axl is constipated while a hired Guns leaves well we'll know who to blame.  If And that is a HUGE IF Axl was half as smart as those fanboys think he is, he would do everything to keep Ron on board as he is his dream media rep.

Loosing Ron would be a terrible blow. The only other guy with that media rep ability is Slash.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

pathetic....a whole huge thread over NOTHING. Just another example of too much information. Twitter and all these things SUCK. Yep, I am over 40 but Van Halen and Zep and the Stones didn't need this shit. Schedule a tour, show up and play. Axl has done that so far. I don't need to know why Ron got mad, don't need to know why Tommy is in Haiti, don't need a toilet seat form DJ Slashba. This is one of the most useless threads in new Gnr's sordid history.

See Madagas, I'm 37 and I got to know what the good ol days were and do agree that I miss some of it.  But this too much information that we got came from Axl's twitter account.  Now either he wrote this while on a temper tantrum OR his account got hacked.  But I remember back in the days I used to buy Hit Parader, Metal Edge, Rolling Stone Mag and a few others and often we'd get stories on GNR and or interviews with the band members and through those mags we knew if they were on tour or not, if they were recording or whatever.  We don't have that luxury anymore.  So back in the day maybe there was no internet but we still could get news on GNR.  Now not so much.  So I will respectfully disagree with your "too much info" theory.  19

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Axlin.  Even if the internet didn't exist GNR would still be subject to a lot of coverage.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not this GN'R.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't buy it for a second. If Irving Azoff couldn't put it together, I highly doubt Doc McGhee could.

Seems to just be the same rumors that existed, because GNR's particular manager at that point had reunions to their credit in the past.

Unless somehow Doc conceived an idea to give Axl virtually all the proceeds from a reunion, like Paul & Gene got in 1996.

I highly doubt Slash would like that, unless he's gonna cut a big cut, and Axl & Slash would give everyone else the leftovers.

In any reunion scenario, I don't see Gilby being brought back. I'd see Richard Fortus on rhythm before that.

I don't buy it either.  BUT, wouldn't it be ironic if Axl did run low on funds like Eddie said due to the legal battles with Azoff.  And it got bad enough to the point where he had to reunite with the old guys to recoup some money.  Thus, accomplishing what Irving was (according to Axl) trying to force.  And along the same lines, with Azoff now out of the picture, he'd reap zero of the benefits from such a reunion.  Axl could give a big F-U to Irv, "now that you're out of the picture, we'll reunite!"

Alright, I must return to reality now.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

Stop bumping it then big_smile

To all those folk who say "its always been this shitty, you should be used to it and it aint gonna change..."

Thing is, instead of getting used to it, to me it always feels worse than the time before. I dont ever get used it, I always just hope they dont do it again hmm

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

What... The... Fuck...

HTGTH portrays all that is wrong with the world. A dictator, a bunch of blind sheep and a "I bend where I think the wind is blowing" attitude by the posters combined with extremely arrogant moderators. I have no idea why Russ bothers to be there either. I sometimes read thru some posts to get a laugh. Usually I screen them so I read Jarmo and Gypsy's posts and those who tries to discuss with them. Especially Jarmo. It's the greatest thing and it always makes me laugh. He managed to insult my taste in music in one post to the point I got annoyed, and I'm not even a member there any longer. Amazing.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Urgh... did she say that 17  I find folk like her utterly nauseating, honestly some of them act like they have been abducted and brainwashed by a religious cult. I wouldnt be suprised if they started referring to Axl as "Our Leader". I like the band as much as anyone, but some folk are either sick in the head or getting something we arent privvy to.

Board footer