You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Duff Leaves Jane's Addicition

Stepvhen wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Neemo wrote:

chester has LP and a solo project to boot...and LP would be most likely a larger paycheck....i jsut cat see it....unless he is fed up with LP

Yeah, he is over-subscribed - but, y'know, he could jack in his solo project and just do LP and VR. Someone like him fronting the band would be big news and would generate fucktons of press interest, in a way that Myles fronting VR wouldn't.

dont underestimate myles AB III is about to go through the roof

Good for him. I still don't rate his work with Slash.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
DUFF MCKAGAN Explains Departure From JANE'S ADDICTION - Dec. 9, 2010
Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan was asked by a reader of his column, which appears on Reverb at SeattleWeekly.com, what happened to cause the end of his brief collaboration with JANE'S ADDICTION.

"Last year at about this time, I was asked by Perry [Farrell, JANE'S ADDICTION singer] if I wouldn't want to come in and lend a hand in the writing of a new JANE'S record. I was and AM indeed honored.

"We started that process, and the rumors started to swirl, ebb, and flow to the MAX! I was just trying to keep my head down the whole time and do that band as much service as I could. They are great and gentle men, all of them. A nicer group of dudes would be hard to find.

"Alas, the time came for me to depart and get back to my thing, which is LOADED all the time, writing my book, developing a new business, and the ever-present hunt for a VELVER REVOLVER singer. The press blew the whole thing out of proportion to begin with, and in the end I was left to try and explain my way out of a situation that was just so simple. Creative guys . . . getting creative."

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Well, I still don't get it. All the things he mentions were given before he joined JA, and as I see it, all project could have been postponed if he really had a great time with Navarro & Co.

jamester

jamester wrote:

I dont think he was a part of JA. but more asked to hang out and help record there songs

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe he doesnt want to commit because he is already committed to Loaded and VR if it gets off the ground again...he was free he had the opportunity to record with those guys and he took it...end of

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
JANE'S ADDICTION Frontman Talks Next Album, Departure Of DUFF MCKAGAN - Jan. 13, 2011
Andy Greene of RollingStone.com recently conducted an interview with JANE'S ADDICTION frontman Perry Farrell. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the next JANE'S ADDICTION LP, tentatively titled "The Great Escape":

"It's a strange mixture of that post-punk goth darkness that JANE'S had with what's going on today with groups like MUSE and RADIOHEAD. As much as I want to appease fans and make old JANE'S fans love me, I just can't help myself from moving forward."

"It's conceptual. It could be escaping to the outdoors, or the great escape could be in your mind. We might even be able to escape the expectations of the old JANE'S fans and come out with another great record."

On TV ON THE RADIO's Dave Sitek, who plays bass on the new JANE'S ADDICTION album and is co-writing songs with the band:

"The first time we got together with Dave Sitek was in my garage. played him music and explained to him how I've been working the last few years on music. He was so for it. He was a proponent of my message and I was a proponent of the way he works, so we just decided to get together. Now he's a real important person on my life."

On the early 2010 departure of original bassist Eric Avery:

"Eric did not want to record. So we took him out of the equation. We couldn't live with not recording."

On JANE'S ADDICTION's short-lived collaboration with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan:

"I couldn't really tell you what his problem was. You can ask him. He's calling it 'creative differences.' I know he didn't like the idea of electronics at all. That was his complaint. We've got our gripes too, but what's the point?"
On how the bandmembers are getting along with each other now after previously breaking up three different times:

"Dave [Navarro, guitar] and Steve [drummer Stephen Perkins] and I are like brothers. I've got children and my kid smacked my other kid in the head this morning, but at the same time they hate being separated. On a plan one will say, 'I wanna sit with my brother.' That's how I feel about Dave and Steve. I hope they'd tell you the same thing."

Read the entire article from RollingStone.com.

johndivney wrote:

perry is such an idiot. "conceptual". what a tard.
Muse, aside from being complete wank, did their best songs about 10 years ago now (Muscle Museum & then Origins album, everything since has been absolutely terrible) & while Radiohead are still making good albums when the mood strikes them they're not exactly cutting edge. it's hardly moving forward.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

On JANE'S ADDICTION's short-lived collaboration with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan:

"I couldn't really tell you what his problem was. You can ask him. He's calling it 'creative differences.' I know he didn't like the idea of electronics at all. That was his complaint.

That's surprising, who'd have thought that the former bass player from GNR, one of the most famous classic rock acts of all time, the current bass player in Velvet Revolver, a straight up rock outfit, and a guy that's well known to love punk rock would have an issue with using electronics and synthing stuff up ? 16 17

nugdafied wrote:

I love JA. They and GNR were the first two bands that I found on my own and really got into. With that being said, Duff isn't nearly gay enough to be taken seriously as the bassist for JA.

jamester

jamester wrote:

JANE'S ADDICTION Headed In 'Completely Different Direction' On New Album - Jan. 13, 2011
Gary Graff of Billboard.com recently spoke to JANE'S ADDICTION members Dave Navarro (guitar) and Stephen Perkins (drums) about the progress of the recording sessions for the band's new album, tentatively titled "The Great Escape". A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Navarro: "I'm really happy with where we are, musically speaking. One thing I've come to learn and embrace about this band is, things take what [time] they take... I would say that all the changes we've gone through are a necessary part of this process this time. This is one of the most enjoyable journeys that I've been on in many, many, many years, and as a result I'm really not all that concerned about timetables and rushing to get this stuff out."

Perkins: "To me it's important to not repeat what we did. We know we can make a rock record with rock riffs and a big drum beat. I don't want to do that. I want to go in and make a listenable onion with layers and layers and layers so you can actually digest it. It's definitely been a good writing experience and a good changing experience."

Navarro: "I would hate to pigeonhole us by giving examples of what I believe the stuff sounds like. It's a completely different direction for JANE'S ADDICTION... However, it still sounds very much like JANE'S ADDICTION."

Perkins: "They're songs that take you on a journey, songs that grow from soft to hard to tribal to psychedelic to metal in one song. We're trying to explore that hybrid again."

Read the entire article from Billboard.com.

Board footer