You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: anything more to look forward to?

Intercourse wrote:

Fellow Exasperated Gunners,

I think the behaviours of the last few days have sealed the fate of this band.
The Dublin fiasco has gone global on news wires as have the Leeds and Reading conflicts. Its so frustrating as the band themselves played their assess off in each gig.

Its like the crowds are lying in wait for him to show up late and when he does, they let fly. People will just not have his shit anymore.

I reckon CD II will have to be self-financed as will the tour that follows as Uncle Axl has bitten every had that fed him this year going from ex -band mates to managers to promoters and all else in between.
I don't think Axl will spend his own cabbage on these drives.

The man has a galaxy of talent but cannot be trusted.

I predict a very long silent period in the works, with an atom of a possibity that he might do one song with the old line up at the RNRHOF induction.

I just can't see where he can go now.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well Geffen/Uni has pretty much made back all their money off of CD if the reports have any truth to them...and if then there are other rumors that state they have anywhere from an album and a half to 2 albums worth of unreleased material, so i cant see that geffen will just not release the final two albums on the rumored record deal....it'd be all profit from here on out hmm

i do beleive that we will eventually see the rest of the vaults getting cleaned out at some point....also it appears that the current band at least is keen on making new music together .... then there is a US tour...at least you would assume that one is in the works ... so yeah i dont think this is the end of GnR just cuz some peopel are more outspoken than others doesnt mean that you need to travel down the path to the dark side smile

the band has played 48 shows so far since dec 09.... 4 had unfortunate circumstances attached to them and some were mother natures fault not Axl's...unless axl actually caused the storms and he blamed it on nature 16

some may say thats one in 10 gigs ...well up until reading it was a pretty spotless outing....and then ya cant really blame him for storming off stage if things are being thrown at him....anyway...two ways to look at it...some wait for the rare bad thing to occur and say "I told ya" some think its unfortunate if something untowards happens...what can ya do

Sky Dog wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Fellow Exasperated Gunners,

I think the behaviours of the last few days have sealed the fate of this band.
The Dublin fiasco has gone global on news wires as have the Leeds and Reading conflicts. Its so frustrating as the band themselves played their assess off in each gig.

Its like the crowds are lying in wait for him to show up late and when he does, they let fly. People will just not have his shit anymore.

I reckon CD II will have to be self-financed as will the tour that follows as Uncle Axl has bitten every had that fed him this year going from ex -band mates to managers to promoters and all else in between.
I don't think Axl will spend his own cabbage on these drives.

The man has a galaxy of talent but cannot be trusted.

I predict a very long silent period in the works, with an atom of a possibity that he might do one song with the old line up at the RNRHOF induction.

I just can't see where he can go now.

A HUGE paycheck for Reading and Leeds, then 4 straight sellouts, then 10,000 in attendance last night.....seems to me he will be heading to the Bank pretty soon! Another 20 shows booked....doing just fine to me. At least he's out kicking up his heels and not sitting at home, locked up in his Malibu mansion. cool

and for the record, the promoter for Reading/Leeds has already said he would take Gnr back as they are a huge draw and the festival did very well.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Money talks. And it's all that of what madagas says.

As long as they keep doing 10k sellouts, they're just fine, as long as Axl wants them to be around.

johndivney wrote:

the most interesting thing is having CD finally released & the pressure of it being taken away.
but pressure is already building to release a new album, and rightly so - 17 years for 14 tracks/75min record simply isn't enough to satisfy the demands of a band of GnR's [supposed] status.
obv the next thing to look forward to would be a new album but until this current 'world tour' comes to a close i can't see anything new happening.
they'll definitely maybe hit the USA in the new year & after that it's either disappear into the studio again then release a new record, disappear into the studio & don't release a new album, tour again in four years or disappear completely. i certainly don't subscribe to the doomsday prophecies & i agree with the people who say the recent tumultuous behavious is par for the course since '98 but we are coming to the end of another cycle & whether the next one is a continuation of the past 10 years or a fresh beginning we'll have to wait and see - there hasn't been any indiction of what may happen except a continuation of form. there has been no real reason to believe this is the end of the line.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:

the most interesting thing is having CD finally released & the pressure of it being taken away.
but pressure is already building to release a new album, and rightly so - 17 years for 14 tracks/75min record simply isn't enough to satisfy the demands of a band of GnR's [supposed] status.
obv the next thing to look forward to would be a new album but until this current 'world tour' comes to a close i can't see anything new happening.
they'll definitely maybe hit the USA in the new year & after that it's either disappear into the studio again then release a new record, disappear into the studio & don't release a new album, tour again in four years or disappear completely. i certainly don't subscribe to the doomsday prophecies & i agree with the people who say the recent tumultuous behavious is par for the course since '98 but we are coming to the end of another cycle & whether the next one is a continuation of the past 10 years or a fresh beginning we'll have to wait and see - there hasn't been any indiction of what may happen except a continuation of form. there has been no real reason to believe this is the end of the line.

I don't think they will tour the US until they have a new record out.:/

Don't know what the plans are for 2011. If he completes these Euro dates and Aussie dates, I think there is a good chance we get a new record by next summer.

johndivney wrote:
madagas wrote:

Don't know what the plans are for 2011. If he completes these Euro dates and Aussie dates, I think there is a good chance we get a new record by next summer.

yea that is an interesting theory & one i'd like to see come to pass but.. i would be surprised if he did drop a new album by next summer. i can see a US tour late winter/spring time & then another period of silence..

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
madagas wrote:

That would be fine with me. As much as I'd love to see them play live, I'd rather have a new album first.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

On reflection you guys are most likely correct, especially Neemo.
As long as the man can generate money he'll be welcome somewhere.

Board footer