You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Slash eyed Rose for solo album

Olorin wrote:

guns20n20roses0011.jpg

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Ummmm..... it´s been almost 2 full days since anyone posted in the main GnR section..... WTF?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

The very fact that Slash has openly said this shows he´s willing to do the reunion.

I dunno, i've wondered if this whole "Slash Solo" thing is really him giving up on the reunion idea. I felt through VR they protected reunion potential a lot - like mostly diplomatic answers to questions - not really doing much GNR materal and so on. But now with myles slash is out there doing Civil War, Jungle and a full on best of style show that makes me think he's no longer waiting around for Axl to forgive him or whatever. Although, maybe it's just scott couldnt hit those notes and myles can?

I dunno, i just feel everyone is doing their own thing more succesffuy than previously, so like it doesn't feel to me like there's much reason for them to reunite in their heads.

Like slash is having a blast playing theates and rocking out every night with a singer who goes on with no dramas. Axl is out with his new boys doing what he does, doing what he always has (that Axl mix of having fun and being pissed off) and appears to be making enough cash to do it forever.

From their point of view - it's really only risk to reunite. If axl takes slash back then things will go balistic - but nothing has changed - so when they have their next fight and he leaves - he'd be back to square one - at least these days people are used to the slashless GNR even if most hate it. Imagine if Slash was back for a year then leaves again...you'd tripple the "where's slash" at the next show without him. And from Slash's POV - sure he could play bigger venues - but thats less crowd interaction - and he'd have to start dealing with the late startts and being the company apolgist again.

Given they're both millionaires already, they dont need the cash. I'd like to see them reunite for the SOLE reason that no one brings what slash does to the guitar, and no one brings what Axl does to the mike. It's priceless, and a few new songs together would be like a lost work of one of the great composers in the future I think. But given they don't like each other, or at least Axl doesn't like slash anymore, I can't see it happening - as from their POV it's only a cash gain (which they dont need) and a receipe to fuck up the fun they're having with the status quo.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Slash has always been open for a reunion. It's Axl who isn't.

You've pretty much described why it won't happen.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:

Ummmm..... it´s been almost 2 full days since anyone posted in the main GnR section..... WTF?

Of course!! Things are going great for GNR on tour at the moment. Huge shows all over Europe and the fans at the shows seem to get a kick out of it! Where's the fun in that?

It's only when shit hits the fan (Reading, Twitter) that certain forummembers comes out and does their predictable bashing... You know, like normal fans do!!

At least that seems to be the case on this site.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

But now with myles slash is out there doing Civil War, Jungle and a full on best of style show that makes me think he's no longer waiting around for Axl to forgive him or whatever. Although, maybe it's just scott couldnt hit those notes and myles can?

I think it has everything to do with the fact that Myles has the vocal range to sing those songs. You can bet that Paradise City and Nightrain would've been in the Velvet Revolver set if Scott could've sung them.

More interesting is the fact that Slash is gradually serving up the songs that he's traditionally left to Axl. Stuff like Sweet Child O'Mine and Jungle, which he's never played in Camp Freddy sets, even when there were vocalists there who were capable of singing them.

I think that's more to do with the fact that he's there to perform a Greatest Hits set, though; it's the Slash Nostalgia Tour, whereas with VR they were keen to promote the band as a new entity, pushing their own material over the old GN'R/STP stuff.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:

Of course!! Things are going great for GNR on tour at the moment. Huge shows all over Europe and the fans at the shows seem to get a kick out of it! Where's the fun in that?

It's only when shit hits the fan (Reading, Twitter) that certain forummembers comes out and does their predictable bashing... You know, like normal fans do!!

I think it's the same on other sites as well.  Seems to be less action over on HTGTH.  It's true, when there's no drama it's less "fun" to talk about.  But I'll gladly take it.  Great performances, zero drama.  Sounds like a winning formula to me.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Nobody is exactly posting positive stories either. Quite frankly, it's a complete lack of interest. Right now it really is nothing more than a cover band and that is boring. Nothing going on in the us doesn't help either.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
faldor wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:

I think it's the same on other sites as well.  Seems to be less action over on HTGTH.  It's true, when there's no drama it's less "fun" to talk about.  But I'll gladly take it.  Great performances, zero drama.  Sounds like a winning formula to me.

No drama, no talking. It's ALWAYS like this. My board was full of activity when the shit hit the fan for another band back in 2006-2007. EVERYONE wanted to join in. Now, nothing happens and people don't post. It's very normal.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

buzzsaw wrote:

Nobody is exactly posting positive stories either. Quite frankly, it's a complete lack of interest. Right now it really is nothing more than a cover band and that is boring. Nothing going on in the us doesn't help either.

That's certainly part of it. Shows at the moment are in European countries that don't seem to be home to masses of forum members so other than look at the setlist what else can we discuss about the shows?

Might be a bit more drama in a week or so when they hit the UK again.

Board footer