You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Slash eyed Rose for solo album

gnfnraxl wrote:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2010/09/27/15 … story.html

Slash considered ending his longrunning feud with former Guns n' Roses bandmate Axl Rose during the making of his solo album - because he was desperate for the singer to join him in the studio.

The guitarist quit the legendary band in the 1990s after a famous falling out with Rose and hasn't spoken to his former friend in years.

But Slash admits that while he was recruiting singers to lend vocals to tracks on his recent self-titled solo record, he thought about asking Rose to help.

He tells Classic Rock, "When I was in the middle of this process there were a lot of singers' names who flew through my mind during the process. You are living in 'Singer Land' so all you are thinking about is singers. The thought of him crossed my mind at one point. I thought, 'Axl could sing the shit out of any of these songs'."

But Slash "never made the call" and jokingly cites Gun N' Roses' long-gestating album Chinese Democracy, which took more than a decade to make, as his reasoning.

He adds, "I wanted to put the record out in this millennium."

I found this article on canoe.  I found it interestting and decided to share it.  Liked it but I got say that I wish Slash had refrained from making his comment about wanting to get his album out this millenium.  While I agree with him it was an unnecessary jab that could add fuel to their feud and that fued don't need any fuel added.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's a jab alright but a valid one. Asking Axl to contribute anything to an album potentially throws your project into limbo for an unknown period of time. It's why he'll never be asked to contribute to a film score or anything of that nature.

I don't blame him for not asking. If Axl was not surrounded by the "Malibu Mafia", something interesting could have happened even leading to bigger things but as long as that mess exists, don't even bother. I could see a scenario where the eyes of Beta, Del James,etc. light up and they start foaming at the mouth,  then work is delayed intentionally or calls never returned after the initial contact.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Why is it adding fuel? Slash LYING about certain things (which he has done in the past by inconsistent accounts of incidents) is one thing, but that comment is totally true.

It is what it is. Axl is a foot-dragger. He over thinks his material. It's the reason is high school buddy Izzy can only work with him part time. Some of he and Izzy's more modern collaborations as Guns N' Roses are still sitting in a vault, while Izzy has released how many albums in the same time frame?

The main thing that would've hung up Slash's solo album is that Axl wouldn't have liked any of it. He's said time and again that he hasn't really cared for Slash's work post-Guns, not that I blame him.

The prospect of Axl singing on "Slash" would be no different than Axl revisting the same argument that existed in 1995 with Snakepit. It's basically Slash going, "hey Axl come in and sing, but don't comment on any of my stuff".

We all know Axl doesn't work that way. The guy is just too blunt.

The irony that gets involved is that Axl would lend his vocals to that shittastic Baz album Angel Down, but he won't sing on Slash.

It's a shame really because imagine Ghost, that Duff & Dave Grohl track, or even that Paradise City collab with Cypress Hill, but with Axl - 11

Back From Cali could've been GNR's comeback song in alot ways. Axl Rose on that with Duff, Izzy & Steven would've kicked the door back in.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I agree with Slash.  It would have taken time to finish, but Axl would have kicked ass on any of those songs. 

No way in Hell could I see Axl singing on a Slash solo album.  I just can't see it.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Oh yeah? Slash was "considering" Axl Rose for his solo album? Ok. In that case, so am I.

Maybe he can do a guest spot at one of your next gigs. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I believe Axl would guest on a Whiskey In The Morning album before a Slash one.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I believe Axl would guest on a Whiskey In The Morning album before a Slash one.

He did Sebastian's album and Whiskey is better than him.:haha: I'll do the promotion Russ.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

slash saying he wanted axl to guest on his solo album, just as the 3 disc deluxe edition (w/extra acoustic tracks) has recently been released.

yeah right.

Board footer