You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

metallex78 wrote:

Really looking forward to seeing them live next year in Australia too!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

A7x have pulled out of soundwave festival sad

Earlier this week Soundwave Festival promoter AJ Maddah posted a draft copy of the festival’s timetable for fans to critique. It became apparent at that time that some of the scheduling would have to change. One of the bands who’s slot was causing some problems was Avenged Sevenfold who were originally scheduled to play on another stage during Iron Maiden’s set.

According to Maddah who jumped on Twitter “Avenged have decided, despite having originally confirmed a mid afternoon spot, that they are now unwilling to play unless it is night time. At the same time, they are refusing to play at the same time as Maiden… In other words, they want Maiden to play in the afternoon!”

Maddah went on to say ““While Avenged are a massive band, having sold around 8,000 copies of their new album nationally, I won’t be able to move Maiden’s time slot”

“I have now reached the point where I can no longer mess around 70 other bands and 180,000 ticket holders to appease this band’s nonsense. I have every expectation that they will go back on their agreement and cancel.”

Fans worst fears have now been realised with Avenged Sevenfold issuing this statement on their website “Avenged Sevenfold regretfully announce they will not be performing at the upcoming Soundwave in Australia. After much effort, the band decided that they could not offer fans the live experience they have come to expect and didn’t want to disappoint them. Avenged Sevenfold will return to Australia soon to headline their own tour.”.

Soundwave are allegedly seeking a replacement but at such short notice availability may be an issue

This kind of thing makes me question the festival model. Like I was going to soundwave to see Slash, but I was also keen to see A7x and Maiden...and they charge big bucks for these tickets on the basis that you see a lot of bands...but then with 4 stages you end up only able to see 25% of the bands advertised anyway....

Like last night I went to No Sleep Til to see Megadeth - but the year before I saw them for $90 with Slayer - seeing them at the festival cost me $160 and I didnt want the other bands...half of which were playing conflicting times with each other anyway. I guess I just dont get the festival scene.

I'll still go to soundwave for slash of course, but this news sucks, I was really looking forward to seeing A7x. Hope they do a tour as promiced.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I think it's quite odd too, from both the band and the festival organisers. I think A7x are big enough to be co-headlining almost, but they were way down on the list.
I also wonder if this is also based on the fact that they parted ways with Mike Portnoy recently and are currently without a drummer...?

Anyway, I too hope they keep the promise of doing their own tour in Australia, I'm still hanging to see them live.

Board footer