You are not logged in. Please register or login.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

Re: from mister saint laurent

huntermc wrote:

We all know MSL is a master bullshitter, but he does deliver. If he's putting some fake clips out there to flush out something better, then I can handle that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

some of the live era album was in fact taken from the re-recorded AFD. i will be more than happy to provide samples of songs where the vocals are not the same if/when i am approached with a legitimate trade offer.

I've thought this over.

It may be that live-era used AFD samples. Or it may be that these samples are reworked live era. He freely admits above that the vocals are the same and that nothing in this clip can be shown to be unique as something not in existance.

So what is the point of giving a clip that is capiable of proving nothing? Only worth doing if you have nothing.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

you know, if he is trying to trick somebody into giving him a new song, dont you think we should all play along? even if these were just clips from live era?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Maybe.

I just don't understand why there needs to be so much game playing, self aggrandisement, james bond-esque drama and other bullshit amongst the broader GNR community.

All of us like the band in some form or other, that should be enough! It's sad when fans turn on each other like this.

To be honest the whole tone of it pisses me off "secured this recording", several people, thousands of dollars...the deal making that will take all year ....and when he gets it we will have to read about how many brethren died to get these plans and so on.

It's a bunch of bullshit.

I'm a huge fan and I know I'm not alone on these boards. GNR is worth enough to me in my day to day life that I'd probably pay a bunch of money myself to get something I enjoyed - like unheard songs and so on. In the right context.

But at the end of the day people either have something they want to share or they dont. Or they have something they will sell or they dont.

The rest is for children.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Maybe......

But at the end of the day people either have something they want to share or they dont. Or they have something they will sell or they dont.

The rest is for children.

+1

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Dadud wrote:

you know, if he is trying to trick somebody into giving him a new song, dont you think we should all play along? even if these were just clips from live era?

I thought this about five pages ago.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Dilema, I'm going to say no, were not dishonest

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Dadud wrote:

I thought this about five pages ago.

Yeah, me too. Even though I think what he has probably is legit.

'I've got a funny feeling' that MSL has something, or is in the midst of getting something big...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The vocals sound like Live Era, because almost ALL of Live Era's vocals were re-done, and presently by Axl. There's times Live Era sounds like Axl went into a studio around 1998 and tried to mimic his vocals from a 1992 DAT.

Instrumentation still sounds really different. If it is just a doctored clip of Live Era, then somebody cut the fuckin' guts out of it. Live Era doesn't sound that neutered.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

So are these samples just pretty much Live Era clips, if so lame. Would like to here em though.

Board footer