You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Duff Joining GNR (Oct 14, 2010) was awesome but dumb

-D- wrote:

Don't get me wrong ,I am excited as fuck and think it is amazing!!!!!!!!

For GNR, Nu GNR however, I think it may have been dumb. FINALLY, they are starting to make traction and people are starting to embrace and recognize the new band for their talents. People have kinda accepted that a reunion will never happen and now THIS!

I have always been super pro reunion as everyone knows and Im gonna be honest, Duff joining for one song is the most excited Ive been about this band since CD came out.

So does this now turn the reunion talk back up to 11?

Did Axl just kill all the hard work he put into gaining exposure and acceptance for the new band?

thoughts?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

No. Its more like a PR move, the fact that Duff has made his peace with the evil Axl Rose and joins the new band on stage in a show of solidarity, it will give the haters something to mull over and mabye, just mabye, GNR will be able to gain a little lee-way with the ravinous media and they wont be so quick to judge them with such a harsh measure stick.

I dont think it will encourage any reunion rumours more than Izzy appearing did.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

I would love to see GNR reunite, minus slash, atleast for a song or two.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i think people see Duff and Izzy playing with them as some sort of tacit acknowledgement or approval.

Given duff was jamming with VR this week, it's a good sign that even if there's never a reunion we might get to a point where the mentality of liking slash's or Axl's music as some sort of war can end.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

yeah but this is gonna just throw new fuel on the reunion fire.

so we don't forget, it wasn't only Slash who filed those lawsuits.

don't get it

Izzy calls him Hitler, Duff files same lawsuits as Slash

Slash is satan everyone else is ok........... don't get it

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think its great! i'm with monkey

anyway i like seenin these guys getting along, even if its just for a couple tunes....

as for the lawsuits, its business, and it means millions of dollars

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Axl's no idiot. He knows that this will fuel the fire among fans for a reunion. Its going to happen. Not sure when, but it will.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It'll only fuel the fire for people who think there will be a reunion no matter what anyway. And they'll ruin just how cool this moment is...

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Was awesome to see duff in there. Suits or no these guys were family. aparently Axl vs Slash was on a more personal lvl for thoes 2. Axl said he would play with everyone but Sash and Steven.

I agree it was a great for PR but was more for axl and duff relationship as well as a nice nod to fans.

reunion blah!

We may see an awesome  Hall of Fame show with everyone current + Izzy, And duff. Or notice thoes 2 names back on GnR writing credits. how awesome would that be?

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Wow!  That's HUGE news.  Great for Duff and Axl.  I'm happy they buried the hatchet.

Board footer