You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

Re: Chinese Democracy Voted Classic Rock Magazine Album Of The Year 2007!

jonesy wrote:
starsko wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
starsko wrote:

Probably a fake article.

Its definitely not fake.

Well, I thought Porcupine Tree had been voted best album of the year by Classic Rock. Maybe this is a different award, I don't know : http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page … at_a_night

That was at the Classic Rock awards ceremony, as voted for by readers.

This was separate, its "the best album of the year" as chosen by Classic Rock critics.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
jonesy wrote:
starsko wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Its definitely not fake.

Well, I thought Porcupine Tree had been voted best album of the year by Classic Rock. Maybe this is a different award, I don't know : http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page … at_a_night

That was at the Classic Rock awards ceremony, as voted for by readers.

This was separate, its "the best album of the year" as chosen by Classic Rock critics.

OK. Thanks for clearing this up.

Do you have a better scan ? It would be cool if we could read the article.:)

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Well, the mag could be making a mockery of CD, as it certainly wouldn't be the first time its happened(or the last). The article isn't fake though.

I geunuinely don't think that iss the case. Firstly the writers are big rock fans, why wouldn't they want Axl to succeed and release a bunch of good tunes. Secondly its better for their magazine to review great music / bands. Its not good business to rely off crappy music and half baked reviews.

The bad part is I vowed never to cancel my subscription until Chinese Democradcy is finally released. What a silly idea. Nevermind, its a good magazine, much better than Kerrang or Metal Hammer.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It's good GN'R are still being brought up in the media in a positive way, even if this does come across as slightly embarrassing considering the album isn't out. This was the same magazine that's heard Prostitute and Atals Shrugged so I guess they're in a better position to comment than most on the album.

Looks like Classic Rock are looking to keep favour with GNR for whenever the album comes out. Someone's going to get that big first Axl interview, it seems CR are throwing their hats in the ring to get it.

Deniz
 Rep: 1 

Deniz wrote:

Good for Axl & Co. but it wouldn't be my pick 21

Scabbie wrote:

They also voted 'Better', 'Chinese Democracy' and 'The Blues' in their top 200 songs of the year.

So does this mean Atlas Shrugged and the others we haven't heard yet are not as good as these? Too bad, i'm already bored of most of the leaks.

A Private Eye wrote:

It's good GN'R are still being brought up in the media in a positive way, even if this does come across as slightly embarrassing considering the album isn't out. This was the same magazine that's heard Prostitute and Atals Shrugged so I guess they're in a better position to comment than most on the album.

Looks like Classic Rock are looking to keep favour with GNR for whenever the album comes out. Someone's going to get that big first Axl interview, it seems CR are throwing their hats in the ring to get it.

I didn't even think of that, great point APE, this could quite possibly be the case.   When this album finally does drop, it will be a race to see who will get to Axl first.   It will be such a breath of fresh air to hear them all finally start talking about it.

Deniz
Too bad, i'm already bored of most of the leaks.

I know what you mean, not that I am totally board but definitely would love to hear new songs.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

2 possible scenarios at work here

1. they are trying to get in line to be the first magazine to get an interview with Axl post CD release

or

2. Baz is the editor of the magazine

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I think the fact that Axl & Co end up topping 'Classic Rock' polls will sicken him. He has always maintained that he wanted to move GNR on to a more modern sound yet here he is almost 15 years later still excelling in that genre...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer