You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Discussion

jamester wrote:

Ozzy Osbourne
Listen to the Goodbye to Romance (2010 Guitar & Vocal mix) taken from the Blizzard of Ozz Expanded Edition out now http://bit.ly/p5aIV8

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sounds like an interesting concert to watch. Ozzy was in a dark place during this time and still recovering from Randy's death. Hoping they put this on VH1 Classic sometime.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Very bizarre and unique show to release. It's basically the short lived version of Ozzy's band post-Randy/pre-Jake, that not much is ever spoken of or heard from, and has been long forgotton.

Honestly? I'm just glad it's something without Randy Rhodes. No disrespect to Randy, but ENOUGH. God, i'm a diehard Ozzy fan, and i'm sick of hearing about Randy Rhodes.

"RIP Randy" signs in 1990, were already years past their prime. Now? Let it go man...

I feel like a total asshole saying that. Am I wrong? Or has Ozzy beat the Randy thing into the friggin' ground?

Me_Wise_Magic

I agree with your point. I think after the release of the 2011 bonus material and finding ways to track down live bootlegs and the release of the Quiet Riot early years album was the final input of Randy as a guitarist and musician. Especially when it's people discovering his music with Ozzy for the first time. It gets rather annoying when you hear a 13 year old saying that shit on a forum.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah. I actually was a diehard Jake E. Lee-era guy. I think the two best (or favorite) albums he ever did was Bark & Sin. Bark's his best ever. After those two, I look to No More Tears.

Every single one of them is not a Randy album. It's not to slight him, honest to God the man was a glorious guitar player. One of the best in metal history. But it's like to me, because Jake E. Lee followed him, and Ozzy went glam (but musically stayed -- Ozzy), there's no love there.

It doesn't piss me off, but I just think the Randy thing has been oversold by the fanbase. He was good, he was great, he will be totally missed, yeah the first two albums were loaded with classics. But so were the next FIVE!

I miss Layne Staley everytime I hear a AIC song. I wish I would've been old enough to at least see a throwback Facelift/Dirt-era AIC show. But eventually you kinda move on. AIC payed respects, but didn't beat it into the ground.

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh yeah I completely agree. Shot in The Dark and Bark at the Moon I love dearly. Whenever Bark comes on anywhere either on TV or my ipod..I bust out the air guitar and sing along.  Jake is so underrated as a guitar player on those albums and stuck around longer than Randy. Yeahh..I would have to say No More Tears was Ozzy's last great album for awhile. I think his latest album, Scream is pretty good to an extent. I think Gus G gets the job done and plays the songs with respect and pleases the fans which is a plus. Some of the songs on No Rest for the Wicked and Black Rain were really good too. Zakk Wylde is just a bad ass riff master. I'm glad he cleaned himself up though. I'm probably one of the few people that wasn't pissed over the 2002 remasters of Blizzard and Diary. Wish Sharon would shut up and let the man do his thing.  Yeah....wish I was around for that too. Thanks to some of my friends I'm a big Alice in Chains fan now. We were blasting them and Pantera in the parking lot while waiting to get inside before the Van Halen show started.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Cool stuff man. And yeah I agree. Even including Scream, Ozzy has pretty much been a singles artist since Ozzmosis.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Axlin12 wrote:

Cool stuff man. And yeah I agree. Even including Scream, Ozzy has pretty much been a singles artist since Ozzmosis.

Can't argue with that. Especially considering the last few albums. From what I've heard Ozzmosis was probably Ozzy's most difficult album to make since Bark due to conflicts with Zakk doing his stint with Guns back in '95 and other personal reasons. I think Dreamer is a beautifully written piece of material and performed great by him and the rest of the band at the time on the Down on Earth album.

Board footer