You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Discussion

Neemo wrote:

When i saw BLS last april they played it mid show...it was pretty moving

there was a big dimebag chant, and Zakk got all choked up...Zakk played the keys and Nick played the guitars

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
OZZY OSBOURNE, HALFORD Kick Off North American Tour In Victoria; Photos, Video Footage - Nov. 13, 2010
OZZY OSBOURNE kicked off his Canadian tour last night (Friday, November 12) at the Save On Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria, British Columbia.

According to a review by Mike Devlin of TimesColonist.com, Ozzy screamed "Let the madness begin!" shortly after the montage dissolved into a shower of pyrotechnics and the opening riffs of his 1983 classic, "Bark at the Moon". Devlin added, "[Ozzy's] band, guitarist Gus G., bassist Rob 'Blasko' Nicholson, keyboardist Adam Wakeman — son of YES keyboardist Rick Wakeman — and drummer Tommy Clufetos were astonishingly good, a polished unit that has no business being this in-sync after being together for less than a year."

7,260 fans — the largest audience ever for a concert at the arena — attended the show, which featured support from HALFORD, the band fronted by JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford.

Ozzy's setlist was as follows:

01. Bark At The Moon
02. Let Me Hear You Scream
03. Mr. Crowley
04. I Don't Know
05. Fairies Wear Boots (BLACK SABBATH cover)
06. Suicide Solution
07. War Pigs (BLACK SABBATH cover)
08. Killer Of Giants
09. Shot In The Dark
10. Drum Solo
11. Guitar Solo
12. Iron Man (BLACK SABBATH cover)
13. I Don't Want To Change The World
14. Crazy Train

Encore:

15. Mama, I'm Coming Home
16. Paranoid (BLACK SABBATH cover)

Check out photos from TimesColonist.com.

Fan-filmed video footage of Ozzy's and HALFORD's performances can be viewed below.
[youtube]TwSbDwX_IzE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nice set list, two songs from Ultimate Sin. Bit too many Sabbath songs imo. Thx for posting this, i'll check out the video later.

jamester

jamester wrote:

yw I noticed all the sabbath. Guess hes warming up for the reunion

Sky Dog wrote:

This is all the Sabbath/Ozzy I need...

1. Black Sabbath
2. NIB
3. The Wizard
4. Paranoid
5. Fairies Wear Boots
6. Iron Man
7. Sweet Leaf
8. War Pigs

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Classic Ozzy video of the day

Jake E. Lee 9

Is it wrong of me to like Ozzy better as a blonde?

Rock N' Roll Rebel (live) [Salt Lake City 1984]

jamester

jamester wrote:

The Vocal Range Of Ozzy Osbourne: (C♯2-)E♭2-F5(-G♯5)  (hidden #4)

You'd never guess it, but Ozzy Osbourne DOES have an impressive vocal range! With that said, though, his range is DEFINITELY not a no-strings-attached one: he has a LOT of trouble performing live; and despite having gone as high as F5 in the studio, he can be heard cracking on notes as low as F♯4 or even C♯4(!) live. His highest live notes seem to come in the form of shouts at the audience, where he regularly can get as high as the fifth octave; albeit with some breaks here and there. He actually has more live D5s and E♭5s than studio ones, even if the live ones are almost all done as shouts! Ozzy's voice has also gone under a lot of changes over the years; and seeing how he was much more tenor-esque in the '70s, his prime age for achieving high notes is easily buried in the past. Ozzy could very easily be referred to as a "baritenor", considering how close he comes to blurring the line between tenors and baritones; but he would be more easily classified as a low tenor who developed a somewhat deep tone over the years.

1. 0:00 - A few B2s from a backing vocal in the last verse of "Facing Hell".
2. 0:11 - Some low-ish singing from "Scary Dreams" with a couple of slides down to B2, in a 2001 Toronto performance.
3. 0:19 - Some low speaking down to about B2 from "Mr. Tinkertrain", followed by a wicked-sounding cackle reaching B♭2 in full voice and G♯2 in vocal fry.
4. 0:26 - A dark-sounding passage down to B♭2 from "Who's Fooling Who"; slightly reminiscent of D.C. Cooper.
5. 0:35 - A spoken bit from "Party With The Animals" around B♭2.
6. 0:48 - A backing vocal down to A2 from "A Hard Road".
7. 1:06 - An A2 from Ozzy's cover of "Working Class Hero", by John Lennon.
8. 1:15 - A clip spanning more than two octaves from "Whole World's Fallin' Down" where Ozzy sings a few B♭4s, then does a glissando down from E♭4 to a flat A2.
9. 1:25 - A strong passage for lows from "Psycho Man", where Ozzy sings down to B2 and G♯2 as part of the lead vocal melody.
10. 1:54 - B♭2s and a few G2s in a lower backing vocal, from a cover of King Crimson's "21st Century Schizoid Man".
11. 2:18 - Two sets of low notes from "Demon Alcohol": the first one is around G♯2, then the second slides down to F♯2!
12. 2:30 - Ozzy's lowest full voice note: E♭2 from a backing vocal in "Mr. Tinkertrain". Sounds pretty close to his bottom limit.
13. 2:42 - More E♭2s from another verse of "Mr. Tinkertrain".
14. 2:49 - Ozzy's lowest notes overall: several growled C♯2s, also from "Mr. Tinkertrain". Another vocal harmony also hits full-voiced C♯5s in this clip, so he ends up spanning three octaves overall at the end of this song!
15. 3:00 - Time for some high notes: first off are some energetic C5s from "Never Say Die".
16. 3:26 - One of the verses of "Miracle Man", in which the vocal melody is built around C5.
17. 3:37 - Some soft C5s from the hauntingly beautiful "Air Dance".
18. 3:57 - Great sustained C♯5s from "Sabbra Cadabra".
19. 4:13 - Singing up to several C♯5s from a "A National Acrobat", live in Pittsburgh 1974. A rare instance in which the live version of a high passage is comparable to the studio version's!
20. 4:35 - The classic verse up to C♯5 from "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath". Too bad Ozzy doesn't do these notes live anymore!
21. 5:03 - Another passage from "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath", but this time topping at D5. I've never heard Ozzy attempt this live, though.
22. 6:19 - A closer representation of what Ozzy's high range can sometimes sound like live (if he manages such notes at all): some screamy D5s and C♯5s from "My Jeckyll Doesn't Hyde".
23. 6:27 - A more melodic-sounding D5 from "Killing Yourself To Live".
24. 6:31 - A great high passage from "The Writ", in which Ozzy sings countless D5s and even touches on E♭5 once!
25. 7:45 - A live E♭5 in a shout at the audience from an early '90s live performance of "Mr. Crowley". Doesn't sound too screamy, either, which makes it a surprising find!
26. 7:52 - Several D5s with slides up to E♭5 from "The Thrill Of It All".
27. 8:30 - And here we have Ozzy's highest full voice notes to date: the high notes from the ending of "Megalomania", in which he hits several E5s and even touches on one F5! Not a chance that one would catch him doing these notes live, though!
28. 9:47 - Several falsettos up to G♯5 from a cover of The Rolling Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil".

jamester

jamester wrote:

ZAKK WYLDE, GUS G. And JOE SATRIANI Teach Guitar With New 'Lick Of The Day' iPhone App (Video) - Nov. 21, 2010
Ozzy Osbourne's former guitarist Zakk Wylde and his current axeman, Gus G., are just two of the celebrities on hand in Guitar World magazine's new Lick of the Day instructional-guitar iPhone/iPad app.

A BLABBERMOUTH.NET-exclusive video of Zakk and Gus performing and teaching their guitar licks can be seen below.

Guitar World's Lick of the Day is currently the App of the Week on iTunes and features staff instructors and celebrity guitarists teaching a variety of guitar licks, from metal to acoustic to jazz, complete with high-quality video, scrolling tablature and performance notes for each lick, as well as a practice mode with tempo control, looping, metronome, and more.

Lick of the Day is available for iPhone and iPod touch and is fully optimized in HD for iPad, and serves up a new guitar lick to learn every day.

Find out more at LickoftheDayApp.com.
[youtube]mvR4GnWuBSE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

jamester

jamester wrote:

GUS G.: Landing OZZY Gig Is 'Beyond Any Biggest Honor A Guitar Player Can Have In Heavy Metal' - Nov. 24, 2010
Away Team recently conducted an interview with FIREWIND/OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist Gus G. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Away Team: You're following in the footsteps of some legendary guitarists in guys like Tony Iommi, Randy Rhoads, and Zakk Wylde. Those guys all had their own unique sound, when your playing their songs do you try to put your own stamp on them? Or is it more like, those guys were so good it'd be sacrilege to change their sound?

Gus: Well, as a fan, I don't like to change stuff they did. Because we're not just talking about anybody's song, this is the bible of heavy metal, man. This is what shaped the sound of hard rock and heavy metal for all the rest of us to follow. So it's not like I'm gonna go in and do my own version of "Crazy Train" or my own version of "Paranoid", ya know. That's not gonna happen. But, you know, Ozzy and BLACK SABBATH songs, these songs came from jams, mainly, and there's always a little room for the guitar player to do his own little fills and tricks here and there. I definitely do my own thing, but without really interfering with the song composition, if you know what I mean.

Away Team: Zakk Wylde has been highly complimentary of you, in the media especially. Have you had a chance to meet or talk with him yet?

Gus: No. I never got to meet him, and I would really like to. I really want to thank him for saying all of these great things about me, because it means a lot to me. I mean, Zakk Wylde is an icon, and someone I always looked up to growing up. He was one of my guitar heroes, and just to hear a guy like that saying all those great things about me is amazing. It's awesome, and I really appreciate all of his support. He's really cool with me about that. He's really given me the platform I need to go out there and do my thing. He's been very nice, and I've always had the best thoughts about Zakk, ya know.

Away Team: That's really cool to hear. Now, your first show with Ozzy was last year at Blizzcon; what was the moment you stepped back and realized, "Holy shit! I'm really Ozzy's guitarist?"

Gus: (laughs) Yeah, that was definitely the gig where I was thinking about all of that. Even the rehearsal, every day I was like, "What the fuck? Where am I?" And that didn't really end after Blizzcon, it still goes through my mind every other day. I'm like, "Wow! Look how things turned out!" This is not something you can expect to really happen in life. It's beyond any biggest honor a guitar player can have in heavy metal and hard rock. I mean, I was happy I was playing with my band, and when this came along I was like, "Wow! Really???" When they called me for the audition, I went in there and was like, "I've got nothing to lose. At least I can jam with 'em and it's a story I can tell my children one day." But who would've ever thought that I would be in his band, and working with Ozzy for over a year now.

Away Team: You mentioned being a fan, as a fan what was your all-time favorite Ozzy or SABBATH song?

Gus: You know, that is a problem, actually, because he has so many great songs, I just love 'em all, man. I love doing the Ozzy stuff on stage, I love doing the SABBATH stuff. He has so many great songs on all of his albums. I mean, I love the "Diary Of A Madman" stuff, I love the stuff from "The Ultimate Sin" that we're doing. There's more songs that I love that we're not even doing, ya know. We're playing two-and-a-half-hour sets every night, and to fit it all in we need at least four to four and a half hours to fit all of this material in there. He has so many classic songs that you just can't possibly fit in everything.

Read the entire interview from Away Team.
gusgofficial.jpg

jamester

jamester wrote:

OZZY OSBOURNE Live In Montreal: Photos, Video Footage Available - Nov. 24, 2010
OZZY OSBOURNE performed a headlining concert in front of 10,000 fans last night (Tuesday, November 23) at Centre Bell in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Check out a picture gallery from MusikUniverse.net.

Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be viewed below.

Ozzy's setlist was as follows:

01. Bark at the Moon
02. Let Me Hear You Scream
03. Mr. Crowley
04. I Don't Know
05. Fairies Wear Boots (BLACK SABBATH cover)
06. Suicide Solution
07. Road to Nowhere
08. War Pigs (BLACK SABBATH cover)
09. Fire in the Sky
10. Shot in the Dark
11. Rat Salad (BLACK SABBATH cover)
12. Iron Man (BLACK SABBATH cover)
13. Killer of Giants
14. N.I.B. (BLACK SABBATH cover)
15. I Don't Want to Change the World
16. Crazy Train

Encore:

17. Mama, I'm Coming Home
18. Into the Void (BLACK SABBATH cover)
19. Flying High Again
20. Paranoid (BLACK SABBATH cover)

Osbourne has announced a second leg of U.S. dates which will get underway January 16, 2011 in Omaha, Nebraska. The six-week 2011 trek, part of the multi-platinum Rock And Roll Hall of Fame inductee's in-progress 18-month world tour, will include a pair of intimate shows: January 26 at the Dodge Theater in Phoenix and February 1 at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Los Angeles. Ozzy's longtime friend and musical collaborator Slash will open all the concerts on the second leg.

Osbourne recently completed a run of overseas festival appearances and headlining overseas performances including his first-ever concert in Israel: a September 28 Ozzfest show at Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv.

Ozzy's fall dates coincide with the October 5 release of an expanded two-CD version of the "Scream" album. This "Tour Edition" package features seven bonus songs: a mix of previously unreleased tracks and live recordings. Epic also issued a four-sided vinyl edition that includes five bonus tracks: the three aforementioned songs from the "Scream" sessions and the live version of "Let Me Hear You Scream", along with the single version of "Life Won't Wait".
OZZY - BARK AT THE MOON LIVE MONTRÉAL 2010
[youtube]hLEUA58dBkA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
OZZY - LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM LIVE MONTRÉAL 2010
[youtube]nvit1RQQg1A&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
OZZY - MR CROWLEY LIVE MONTRÉAL 2010
[youtube]vyy_FtLd81s&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
OZZY - I DONT KNOW LIVE MONTRÉAL 2010
[youtube]-3yr7zrpLE0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
OZZY - Gus G Solo LIVE MONTRÉAL 2010
[youtube]fhta1vY6Wq8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
OZZY - CRAZY TRAIN LIVE MONTRÉAL 2010
[youtube]IEMCs-awspE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]