You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

Thanks for this. I'm gonna listen later. FAR TOO MANY Sabbath songs in that set. I don't wanna see Sabbath, I wanna see Ozzy.

I'm still debating on whether to get tix for the upcoming 2011 U.S. leg w/ Slash.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

^ Why so many Black Sabbath covers? He should bust out some more of his own solo material instead

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

^^^^ well he is talking of the reunion ....im shure its pratice and to get people back into them.  JR bet your ass im gonna see them in P-Cola Fl !  and hope GnR hit Birmingham or Atlanta

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I gotta be honest... the more Sabbath songs he keeps performing at these shows, the more he's gonna talk me right out of buying a ticket.

It'd be one thing if the Sabbath songs were performed IN ADDITION to say 16 Ozzy solo songs. However Ozzy is not changing his # of songs in the set, and is just substituting Sabbath songs in for solo songs.

No More Tears is probably his best recording of all time, his Estranged, and it's absent. That pisses me off.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I noticed No More Tears was missing too. It's his best solo song!

jamester

jamester wrote:

Sebastian Bach
At ozzy & halford at madison square garden w my buddy @pauliekrason yeaaahhhh !!!!!

156259_10150115878449809_26257129808_7473993_500179_n.jpg

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Baz needs to dress in black more. It flatters his fatness more these days. He looks pretty good in that shot.

jamester

jamester wrote:

^^^lol @ flatters his fatness!

Ozzy Wednesday, December 1 a@ Madison Square Garden in New York City
His setlist was as follows:

01. Bark At The Moon
02. Let Me Hear You Scream
03. Mr. Crowley
04. I Don't Know
05. Fairies Wear Boots (BLACK SABBATH cover)
06. Suicide Solution
07. Road To Nowhere
08. War Pigs (BLACK SABBATH cover)
09. N.I.B. (BLACK SABBATH cover)
10. Killer Of Giants
11. Shot In The Dark
12. Rat Salad (BLACK SABBATH cover) (with guitar and drum solos)
13. Iron Man (BLACK SABBATH cover)
14. Fire In The Sky
15. Flying High Again
16. Into The Void (BLACK SABBATH cover)
17. I Don't Want To Change The World
18. Crazy Train
19. Mama, I'm Coming Home
20. Paranoid

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I just cannot believe he's not performing No More Tears. Maybe Gus G can't play it. 19

jamester

jamester wrote:

^^^He obviously has issues with pinch harmonics.
Man I would give my left nut to be able to write guitar as good as the whole no more tears record.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

OZZY OSBOURNE's 'Ask Dr. Ozzy' Book Due Next Year - Dec. 3, 2010
According to TheBookSeller.com, Sphere — an imprint of Little, Brown — has acquired world rights in "Ask Dr. Ozzy", a new book from legendary heavy metal singer Ozzy Osbourne.

"Ask Dr. Ozzy", which will be published in the U.S. through Grand Central Publishing, was written with "I Am Ozzy" co-writer Chris Ayres and is a spin-off from Osbourne's ongoing Sunday Times column in which he offers medical advice. The title will "tell incredible survival stories not found in his memoir, offer advice that no human should follow, and shed light on his seemingly superhuman ability to keep breathing." An October 2011 release is expected.

Just a few weeks after landing a gig as a health columnist for England's Sunday Times, Ozzy started dispensing the same kind of advice in the pages of Rolling Stone. Ozzy stated about the column, "It's not a serious thing. I mean, I'm the last person to ask advice about health. It's just, it's not fit to be taken seriously. I mean — and I'm not doing it, I'm not writing the column personally, I've got a guy coming around, the guy who did my book, Chris Ayres, is doing the column. He brings me the column things and I just joke about it, you know. 'Cause if you believe me, you'll end up in the lunatic asylum."

Ozzy said in his first column for the Times, "If people can learn from my stupid mistakes without having to repeat any of them, or if they can take some comfort from the crazy things my family has been through over the years . . . that's more than enough for me."

Ozzy added in the column, "By all accounts, I'm a medical miracle. When I die, I should donate my body to the Natural History Museum."

The singer's new album, "Scream", debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard album chart earlier this year, selling 81,000 copies in its first week of release.

Photo below courtesy of The Sunday Times
ozzydoctor.jpg

Board footer