You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Discussion

jamester wrote:

rockfacts  Rock Facts
Ozzy’s “Mama I’m Coming Home” is 1 of 4 songs that Motorhead’s Lemmy Kilmister co-wrote for the “No More Tears” album.
3 hours ago

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Classic Ozzy Video of the day:

Centre of Eternity [Live 1984]

--- Check out around the 3:17 mark. AMAZING guitar work by the underrated Jake E. Lee. Buckethead eat your heart out! 9

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
OZZY OSBOURNE's 'Scream' Certified Gold In Canada - Jan. 3, 2011
OZZY OSBOURNE's new album, "Scream", has been certified gold by the Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA) for sales in excess of 40,000 copies.

"Scream" moved 81,000 units in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 4 on The Billboard 200 chart. It has since sold around 250,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Osbourne's previous album, "Black Rain", opened with 152,000 units back in May 2007 to enter the chart at No. 3. That number was in line with the 153,000 first-week tally registered by 2001's "Down to Earth", which debuted at No. 4.

Ozzy revealed in an interview with Guitar World that alcohol was the reason he had to part company with longtime guitarist Zakk Wylde. The singer admitted that it was difficult to stay sober around someone who drank so heavily. Ozzy explained, "Zakk came in at the beginning of the new (record), but he was still drinking. When you're drunk and somebody else is drinking, it's OK, but when you're sober and somebody's blabbering away in your ear, it ain't."

Ozzy added, "I love his playing; he's one of the greats. But it was the drink getting the better of him. I couldn't watch him die. In one sick respect, it was good for me to see, because that's what I was like, and worse. Believe me, if I started drinking now you'd think, 'I've got to get out of here.' That's how I felt around Zakk toward the end."

Ozzy, who hasn't had a drink since 2007, says he heard that Wylde himself is now sober as well. He also insists the two are still friends, saying, "We're like family."

Wylde's replacement in Ozzy's band is Greek axeman Gus G., and Ozzy admitted to The Pulse of Radio that playing guitar in his band is a high-pressure gig. "Whoever stands in the shoes of another guitar player that's played with me has got a lot to achieve, you know," he said. "And no matter what I say to them, you know — Zakk was the new guy once, and Randy (Rhoads) was the new guy once, and Jake E. Lee was the new guy — it's got to be the hardest gig in the world after all them guys I've had, from Tony Iommi onwards, you know. I mean, the guitar players I've worked with in my career have been unbelievable, you know."
ozzyscream.jpg

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Whoa, so now Ozzy says Zakk was shown the door due to alcohol abuse.... hmm... the plot thickens.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Does make a lot of sense. Zakk is an amazing player and they've always been like a father-son those two.

That Gus G guy has a lot of game on guitar I've noticed!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

He does. Reminds me of a Jake E. Lee more than the Zakk-to-Randy comparison. Zakk seemed to take on Randy's style, plus throwing in those pinch harmonics that gave his songs their own feel. Gus seems to go back to that mid-80's Ozzy-style of performance. I also notice he makes a point of mentioning Jake in the same breath as Randy & Zakk in just about every interview he does.

jamester

jamester wrote:

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Lita Ford is so fuckin' hot in that video...

jamester

jamester wrote:

OZZY OSBOURNE's Rescheduled Minneapolis Show To Feature No Opening Act - Jan. 10, 2011
According to StarTribune.com, Wednesday night's (January 12) makeup date by OZZY OSBOURNE at Minneapolis, Minnesota's Target Center is being billed as an "Evening With" concert, which means there will not be an opening act. HALFORD was originally booked to play the show before it was postponed last month. Slash was then initially named by Ozzy's camp as part of the makeup lineup, but Slash is apparently unable to join the tour a few days before it gets back on its previously scheduled track Sunday in Omaha.

Ozzy's Minneapolis show is making up the date from December 12 when Ozzy was suffering from an ear infection and complications that prevented him from performing.

Ozzy Osbourne will publish a new book called "Ask Dr. Ozzy" this year. The book will be co-written with Chris Ayres, who collaborated with Ozzy on his memoir "I Am Ozzy", and is a spin-off of the singer's column in Sunday Times.

According to the publisher, the book will "tell incredible survival stories not found in his memoir, offer advice that no human should follow, and shed light on his seemingly superhuman ability to keep breathing." An October 2011 release is expected.

jamester

jamester wrote:

Ozzy's Roxy Moment
[youtube]V_y_9PLt35s&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Board footer