You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Duff SW blog Oct 21st.

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I went down to the gig with him. There were a couple of guys hanging out. There was a lot of, sort of... Like what I was saying, you go through a lot of stuff in business and there's some fractures and demonizing of each other and I think, if nothing else, a couple of old friends maybe got over some of those hurdles and had a nice talk. And I don't want to do anything here to cheapen that by saying anything to you guys, but we had a nice dinner the day after the show, and that was it."

Great read thanks for posting Smoking Guns.

Do we guess and suggest that perhaps he is referring to Del and maybe even Dizzy in that above quote?

Why would you think Dizzy would have a beef at all with Duff? Dizzy's seemed to stay the most neutral of the old members between Axl and the rest of the guys. Maybe 'cause he doesn't say much.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I just couldn't figure out who else other than Del that Duff would have been friends with previously.  He mentions "old friends" - plural so I assume he was referring to more than one person that was once a friend and due to things that happened over time the relationship is now strained/awkward.  On thinking about it further perhaps it's Bach, coz I agree I can't see why it could be Dizzy.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I just can't imagine Dizzy being a bad guy, is all. The guy and his family have had a great relationship with fans, he was very generous with us in the CD downtime, and that personality dates far back. He also avoided to bad mouth the old guys when Axl was slamming them, and they were slamming Axl.

I really see Dizzy on a level with Duff, as probably one of the coolest, likeable guys from the old days.

Now Baz, it very well could be him. Because I don't remember the interview, but when Baz partner'd up GN'R in 2006, initially he spoke very highly of his try outs with VR, and the irony of now performing with GN'R every night. But then he went on to start slagging VR a bit, like he saw things from Axl's perspective now that he had become good friends with him again. I don't remember what he said exactly, but it didn't come across well.

So that could've created some tension between Baz & Duff. But also keep in mind, Duff could be referring to "industry people" too, which he referenced at the Ronnie Wood show. These are people who handle these guys, and we never - ever - know their names. Remember with Duff's background in finance and investing, he knows a whole group of "sharks" in that tank that are go-betweens between the business and the bands.

Board footer