You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: How can GNR fans possibly be "AGAINST a reunion?

bigbri wrote:

If they can deliver new music, cool. If not, why bother. I saw them in their prime. Oh yeah, and tickets didn't cost $75 then. I think I paid $30 or so to see GNR and Metallica. No way I'm gonna pay reunion cash, so a tour doesn't help me one iota.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Man, this topic is like a really bad broken record...

Fans that want a reunion continue to try and convince everybody that that is the only true way going forth (or back for that matter...)

The conclusion is really very very simple:
Some fans want a reunion because they loved what they had and not what they have.
Then you have some fans who loved what they had, BUT, also love what we have now and want see where this takes us.

Sure, we can discuss the topic for the millionth (is that a word?) time, but nothing is gonna change. There is no right or wrong about it, only preference.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

The chances of Axl Rose releasing new music are roughly the same on a reunion happening.
both depend on, Axl rose

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

With this, i am wanting to go a bit deeper than the pro vs anti reunionist.

I'm not saying they will permanently get back together and all the side projects will be no more. I am talking ONE NIGHT, ONE CONCERT, kinda like the Zep thing a while back.. Why wouldn't a GNR fan want to see that?

After, things can return to how they are now.

When i watch GNR boots, I love them, They kick ass, etc etc
when Duff walked out however,  I felt something inside... a giddiness, an excitement, an adrenaline rush, my heart sped up..... I haven't had that happen in a very long time.

Of course I wouldn't want a fake cash grab. but Axl has pretty much repaired relationships with everybody but Slash.. .So what if they met, had dinner, Slash took some responsibility, Axl sees Slash is sober and different and they rekindle what they use to have?

Who wouldn't want to see a united GNR reunion just ONE MORE TIME.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Im drunk already so it's pretty simple.. If you dont want a reunion then your a fucking pussy...

blacktooth grins all night..

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Manets wrote:

I don't really want a reunion. It would be a fake thing,  they would be there for money

I disagree. They've all got plenty of money. I think the reason to reunite would be because, much as I love VR, Slash isn't going to find another Axl on vocals, and, much as I love the current band, they're different to the original GNR. I think it would not be about the money at all but about what they were born to do - play together.

Manets wrote:

considering that Dj Ashba sounds the same? The fact is that not only Ashba sounds the same, the whole band sounds the same

I think DJ is great...but he doesn't sound like slash. Having seen slash a lot I can say NO ONE sounds exactly like slash...his playing touch is very individual. Not saying  the current band isn't cool...but i think it doesn't sound the same, it sounds different in a cool way.

Manets wrote:

with New GNR we may have the chance to see them releasing new music

This is important to me too which is why i hope if there ever is a reunion its not just to tour but to put out some new material. Unfotunately that's less likely given the old band knows axl's timelines for putting out stuff. They'd be unlikely to want to delay a tour by years. But I think a reunion should definately be about new studio material in theory.

Manets wrote:

Imagine a reunion... what would we talk about?

Slash's album has been catalist for a lot of my attention, there's always a new boot or soemthing going around. And you know with Axl there will always be the occasional punching of an airport guy or soemthing to spark some interest.

Speaking for myself I'm mixed, I love CD and so i'd like to see some of Axl's new material somehow kept in the mix, but at the same time it's impossible not to enjoy the Axl+Slash chemestry of the past. To me it would be bitter sweet if reuinion was about the past - like playing only AFD and just ignoring CD, VR and everything since. But if it was a future focused reunion - like making a new album with the type of riffs on slash's records, and the type of vocals on CD and doing new stuff...god that would be good, and it amazes me that anyone would think otherwise.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Everyone knows my 2nd obsession in music with Bon Jovi and i compare it a little to this.

Back in the early 90's when they had an extended break, Jon was very successful on his own with Blaze of Glory. I'd see solo shows or appearances and even in the late 90's with his Destination Anywhere album, He'd do a tour or what not, and SURE, the songs sounded close to the same, close your eyes and u couldn't really tell that much BUT there is just an intangible chemistry,quality,emotion to he being onstage with Richie Sambora that is undeniable and irreplaceable.

so sure, the new band play the fuck out of the songs, are very amazingly talented... but it just isn't the same. Its good enough if thats all i can get, but not on that outter body experience level u feel when u see the original together.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

*farts*

Sky Dog wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Im drunk already so it's pretty simple.. If you dont want a reunion then your a fucking pussy...

blacktooth grins all night..

nice.......:beer:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm with BLS. Only a diehard Axl fanboy would be against a reunion. It might be a dick statement, but I honestly cannot wrap my mind around how a true Guns N' Roses fan wouldn't want to see the REAL band playing THEIR songs. It's pretty simple really.

And to those, "we wouldn't get any new music" - we don't get any new fucking music NOW. Believe me, I am totally for new music. And honestly if I was posed with the choice of new GN"R releasing music vs. reunion and no new music, I would go with new Guns. But right now we've got neither.

It honestly amazes me how fucking jaded some fanboys are on here and at other boards. All Axl's done in the last fucking decade is tour around the world for cash with a cover band playing AFD. Only the leaks forced out CD. I still don't think we'd have it without the leaks over the years forcing their financial hand. And somehow this joke is seen as more legit and more likeable than the prospect of a "fake for the money" reunion. Axl's been fake and for the money WITHOUT the reunion since 2001.

And I say that with all due respect. Facts are facts.

Bottom line - whatever gets me a new album, another new album after that, and another new album after is my choice. If that's DJ, Ron & Frank - i'm on board.

Board footer