You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: How can GNR fans possibly be "AGAINST a reunion?

Olorin wrote:

Well I'm still using my delusion, all the touring has been part of a grand scheme to fund the creation and launch of new material tongue

But fuck it, I dont give a shit really. All I really want is new music and lots of it, I dont care if it sells 10 copies or 10 billion, just gimmie gimmie gimmie!

johndivney wrote:

as an exercise  in nostalgia i  am vehemently opposed a reunion. the guys would lose whatevr minute credibility they have left if they were to prostitute themselves 4 that particular cash cow. 4 all the faults n fk up's (of axl n post-99 gnr) a soulless & soul destroying journey thru the past would be too much.

as 4 gettin those old guys back in the band full time & getting them function as songwriters i'd be hyped for that. but to see them try to conjure or pretend an atmosphere that couldn't possibly exist would be an(other) act of such brazen dishonesty  that it'd break my affection for the all the guys involved.

i genuinely don't see the appeal in a one night stand. it would look unseemly, vulgar & prob a betrayal.
tho it prob would have 1 positive in that it'd put an end to the debate & give some kinda closure to some fans - in the same way a lot of fans found closure & detachment whn CD was finally realised, except for me that closure would be a bad thing..

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I don't want to see a reunion where all parties involved aren't 100% behind it. Given that Axl has called Slash a "cancer" and that he's said that one of them will die before there's a reunion, I'd say that's pretty unlikely.

Frankly, I'd rather have Velvet Revolver touring with a good singer, and Axl happy and playing with his current band - who are good friends who've stood by him for years - than see him and Slash standing at opposite sides of a stage, glaring at each other, just to satisfy fans' need for a reunion.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm not a fanboy, I'm a fan of new music. If a reunion doesn't do that, forget it.

Like I said, axlin08, I won't go to a show so seeing them playing doesn't apply to me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

VR with an ass kicking singer would be so good...but there's so few people around who can truely cut it. When they find one though VR will be amazing cos all the ingredients are there.

Love to see that and then axl progess onto CD2.

Or Reunion.....just seems everyones getting into playing old songs more...

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm not a fanboy, I'm a fan of new music. If a reunion doesn't do that, forget it.

Like I said, axlin08, I won't go to a show so seeing them playing doesn't apply to me.

Exactly. I want new music and I want something else than a AFD album, which will just end up trying to be better than the original, and it won't. So, what's the point. I'm not into GNR for nostalgia. It's too late for this shit now.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Why is the assumption that we would have another AFD?  Slash has written a lot of music over the years and none of it sounds like AFD to me.  It seems like people are just looking for any old excuse to not support a reunion.

Want new music - we're lucky to have CD and that was only to pay a debt

Slash will want AFD - tell me what he's done that sounds like AFD

New band is so talented - maybe, but they are playing other people's music and there are no indications of that changing ever

Axl wouldn't screw over the new guys like that since they are all super friends - really? friends don't let friends drive drunk, and they also don't force friends into being employees instead of partners

The only remotely good reason against a reunion that I have seen is that they should be friends again first, and I actually agree with that one.  That said, I'd still go see it if they hated each other with a passion.  Those guys are Guns N' Roses.  Always have been, always will be.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Meh, I've never been against a reunion. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. That about sums it up for me. I'd rather have the 2002 line up back together, to be honest. And its that music I'm excited to hear, not so much the prospect of the new guys music. Having Bucket, Robin and Brain back would get me beyond excited. But that's not happening. It is what it is. I like what I'm hearing now. No reason to be bitter about it.

There's only a sentimental quality to the old line up reuniting for me.

I think the people who are against it... I don't think against is the right word, really. Not for the rational fan. It's that they have a lot invested in the new line up. Some more than others. The people who are against it probably equals the guys who want to see Axl fail with the new band.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe.  As disappointed as I am wih a lot of the decisions Axl has made, I don't want this band to stay together so they can fail.  If they're going to stay together, I'd love to see music that I enjoy coming from them.  I've never wanted Axl to fail, but I saw failure on the horizon.  Expecting it and wanting it are two different things. 

I hope Axl got all of the crappy late 90s pseudo-industrial music out of his system and he can move forward in making music more along the lines of TWAT going forward.  Axl has never really been a rocker - Izzy, Slash, and Duff wrote most of those.  He's been a TWAT, NR, Estranged, Breakdown kind of guy and that's what I want to hear from him.  I love those songs and that's what he does best.  If he wants to do that going forward, I'm all ears.  If it's going to be another CD, a reunion sounds good.  Either way, continuing to do what he's doing now is about as uninteresting as it can get.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When people say, "I won't go to a reunion show", I don't believe them. I respect their opinion and their statement. I'm not saying they're a liar, but I think they'd have a change of heart.

I think the internet-fans have proven time and again that they'll see ANYTHING called "Guns N' Roses" as long as Axl is there.

I don't see that philosophy changing if Axl is backed by Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven & Dizzy.

NOTE: This post is not directed at those posters who have seen the old-era band in the past

Board footer