You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How can GNR fans possibly be "AGAINST a reunion?

Sky Dog wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

VR with an ass kicking singer would be so good...but there's so few people around who can truely cut it. When they find one though VR will be amazing cos all the ingredients are there.

Love to see that and then axl progess onto CD2.

Or Reunion.....just seems everyones getting into playing old songs more...

Dave Kushner stinks...that's my problem with VR.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. Fortus is the "secret weapon" compared to Kushner.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'd love to see a reunion because I never got to see the original or UYI lineup back in the day.  I was a tad too young.  BUT, like many have said, I really only want to see it in the right scenario.  I'd prefer all parties to be on good terms.  Of course I'd settle for it even if I knew Axl and Slash still weren't on the best of terms.  It just doesn't seem like the right time now, therefore I'd rather see the current lineup go forward.  I realize they don't appear anywhere close to releasing any new music or touring anywhere near me either, but it just seems that things are better the way they are now than they would be with a reunion.

Time can certainly change things, but I just don't think we're there yet.  I do hope that someday we get there.  For my own selfish reasons I'd like to have THIS lineup stay together and release a few more records for the next 5 years or so, THEN we get a reunion.  I know that's asking a lot and it probably won't come anywhere close to happening.  But that's what I'd like to see.

mav
 Rep: 0 

mav wrote:

There is certainly a consensus here that new music is more appealing than any type of renunion. I got to see them in 92, the same lineup in 2011 would seem contrived unless there is at least something new music-wise on the horizon.

If they did get back together and released just 1 song with the original lineup before playing live that would seal it for me. That is just a pipe dream though.

I'm in two minds....

A renunion would be awesome if it means I got to see/hear some of the UYI songs live again, locomotive, bad obsession, estranged, dust n bones etc.

But new music in the same league as TWAT would top that, and I wouldnt care who plays on it, or who plays it live if that was on the cards.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

quickly offtopic question.  you aren't the mav off #isozone yearsss ago are you?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I want a reunion because I was born in 1985 and didn't start listening to GN'R until they were already broken up in the late 90's. It would be cool to see them play live, just to say I saw them.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

On a more sober note. I don't see how anyone who became a fan by listening to the original core members could not want too see those people on the same stage performing the songs that made you a fan. New material or not, it's worth the time. Especially near future because the window is getting smaller.

I want to hear the other material from this or past post classic era but I'd rather experience Guns N' Roses that made the name then hear that stuff I guess. But if it never happens I'm still content the new line up and interested. I'd still buy a ticket to a show. If they came to the US more often. Or fly me around the world as the bands personal bar tender. 16

mav
 Rep: 0 

mav wrote:
mickronson wrote:

quickly offtopic question.  you aren't the mav off #isozone yearsss ago are you?

No. I used to be Jonesy on here in 2004/5 - when it was roses of velvet. Lost password....blah blah. So resigned up.

It was actually Reading Festival that did it - I was so incensed that the BBC were not showing it on the night that I flew into a rage to post on here. I didnt make it that far then because I had some beer instead.

Board footer