You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: DJ on new album, US tour in February

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

playing 1000 seat small theatres like Slash played is ABSURD for a band that averaged 8000 a show on it's last two US tours. You pick your cities carefully (cities where you have a decent track record) and play a mix of large theatres and small arenas.

I would love to see Gnr play the Fox in Atlanta....4600 capacity, great acoustics, beautiful venue.
http://www.foxtheatre.org/foxfacts.aspx

It's not absurd. It would generate alot of buzz and the reviews would be incredible. If though by absurd you mean a really positive kickass experience for both fans and the band then yeah I gess it is absurd. But anyways I don't think anyone was suggesting 1000 seat venues. If that's what Slash played at the majority of the shows then my mistake for saying so. All I know is the show Slash played in Calgary had a capacity of 7500. That's the type of thing I'm talking about. Those are the types of venues Gn'R should play here in North America.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl doesn't play small places, unless there is a billionare who pays him 1,000,000 bucks for the show. Period.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

playing 1000 seat small theatres like Slash played is ABSURD for a band that averaged 8000 a show on it's last two US tours. You pick your cities carefully (cities where you have a decent track record) and play a mix of large theatres and small arenas.

I would love to see Gnr play the Fox in Atlanta....4600 capacity, great acoustics, beautiful venue.
http://www.foxtheatre.org/foxfacts.aspx

It's not absurd. It would generate alot of buzz and the reviews would be incredible. If though by absurd you mean a really positive kickass experience for both fans and the band then yeah I gess it is absurd. But anyways I don't think anyone was suggesting 1000 seat venues. If that's what Slash played at the majority of the shows then my mistake for saying so. All I know is the show Slash played in Calgary had a capacity of 7500. That's the type of thing I'm talking about. Those are the types of venues Gn'R should play here in North America.

The Atlanta show was 1000 for Slash...that is absurd unless it is a private show. However, a large theatre tour is not absurd. Venues around 3500-5000 would kick ass. I agree.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I saw GN'R play a 7500 seat venue and still only got it half full in 2006.

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl doesn't play small places, unless there is a billionare who pays him 1,000,000 bucks for the show. Period.

The Joint in Vegas, Warfield in San Fran, Hammerstein in New York, Hammersmith in London...apparently he does play some small venues.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I saw GN'R play a 7500 seat venue and still only got it half full in 2006.

so that is 3750...a theatre. Of course Estero, Florida isn't exactly a Metropolis.:haha:

I drove by that arena once...literally in the middle of nowhere.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You are correct. We were totally in the swamp. I drove down there, it took me 2 hours and 15 minutes from where I was at at the time, and most of it was a country/swamp drive. The only time I got into civilization was I-75, and even that section of 75 was out in the sticks.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm just curious, have any of the other members specifically mentioned a February tour?

I mean DJ mentioned a new album and a US tour in Feb, that's a BIG call given past experience.  Could it be because he is the new guy on the block and he hasn't been burnt yet by broken promises etc?

Just wondering, since the other guys seem a bit more reserved about mentioning such things, presumably knowing how rabid fans can become when expectations aren't met.

Hope for the US fans it goes ahead but it just seems that DJ is predominatly the only one confidently talking about tour plans and a new album.

chickens_hatch.jpg

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Maybe, but I think it's got more to do with DJ being out and about right now during his off time, like the Call of Duty: Black Ops launch.

Ron went home to relax and hang with local musicians, Tommy went and saw some shows, Richard, Frank & Dizzy probably went and saw family, Chris who knows and Axl never talks, unless TMZ bumps into him.

I think it's just coincidental that DJ is making the rounds.

Board footer