You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Patience ripped off from Tesla?

-D- wrote:

And another thing, there are lots of songs that use the same chord progression, Hell that song by LA Guns about Jane *Sorry title has slipped my mind* it has similiar chord progression to Patience as well.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Ballad of Jayne.  Good tune.

I never heard Eddie say AFD was just okay.  I've heard him say he wasn't a big fan of the UYI's or CD.  And he prefers the Snakepit albums over VR.  I give him some credit for speaking his mind.  He has been very critical of one of his favorite bands, Kiss, in recent years and they aren't too happy with him for it.  But he doesn't back down from his comments.  When Axl was on, obviously he was appreciative, and he still says it's one of the greatest accomplishments in HIS career.  He's not going to slam someone to their face.  That's just not good business.  Howard Stern doesn't even do that.  However, when they're not around, all is fair game.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I will say "Destroyer" is a fucking rock masterpiece. no AFD but it is an amazing album.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

If they did then put the cards on the table.. Lets hear this demo.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I just watched the episode and it was brought up towards the end of the show.  Each show they have a "throw down" segment, where they have to pick between two things, eg. song, album, etc.  The topic was best acoustic song and the choices were "Patience" and "Signs".  Now mind you, 2 guys from Tesla were on the panel so obviously they chose their song and most of the others felt compelled to do so as well because they were there as guests.  But Eddie and Don chose "Patience".

Anyhow, Eddie's reason for choosing "Patience" was because it was an original song.  That's when Frank piped in with his comments of how "Patience" was "stolen" from them.  He said the end part of the song was pretty much identical to one of their demos and he said he wasn't sure if it was someone in GNR or Tom Zutaut, or whoever who might've "borrowed" the idea.  But he seemed pretty convinced that it was indeed stolen.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Is Jeff Keith on something? He's couldn't sit up straight or stay still. Weird dude.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Tesla was and still is an awesomely terrible band.

Fixed.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nah Tesla is pretty cool IMO, they have some great tunes

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
smoke wrote:

Is Jeff Keith on something? He's couldn't sit up straight or stay still. Weird dude.

Cocaine? 16

Board footer