You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Sebastian Bach Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Because of his little tirade when Angel Down came out claiming his album should've sold a ton more but because of the download age, everyone stole it.

I don't know if he quite put it out like that.  From what I remember, he simply made the point that if all his myspace followers (remember myspace?) bought a copy of his album then it would've sold a helluva lot better than it did.  Just taking notice that these social media sites don't exactly equal record sales.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The full quote is:

Hardrock Haven: What are your future goals and dreams within the music business as well as other?

Bach: It's too obvious of an answer I am standing in my living room looking at the SKID ROW records. Hell, one of them 6,000,000 sold in U.S alone, but the Internet has changed everything. Hell, I have 84,000 friends on MySpace; if every one of them bought my album that would be cool, but with the Internet pirating and ripping a copy for their friends, that's not going to happen. When I hear an album like HATEBREED's "Supremacy", I go to the store and I buy it because I don't want it (metal) to die. These guys don't care about the industry; they just want to be my friend on MySpace. It's fucking crazy. It took me seven years to do this record. I know one thing: it's going to be a long, long time before you see another CD from me. Hell who knows; maybe I'll get a call from another "Fear Factor" to eat some bugs, so I can do another CD. (laughing)

So rus he's not talking to you as a person who bought the CD, he's talking about people who follow his career yet arn't willing to  buy it .

This is my problem with the "free music" model of the modern music industry - live gigs are only going to go so far - if you want older artists to make new music someone has to pay the bucks it costs to do that.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Thank you for digging that up!

I just think the dude needs a reality check. I know he's not the brightest guy, but anyone on Earth should know that 84,000 myspace friends does not equal 84000 records sold. I just would've liked it if he'd gone ahead and said thank you to the people who DID buy and support his record.

He's thanked people countless times for buying "Angel Down" and supporting him.  He does it every day.  I take his comments more of a statement on the sorry state the music industry is in.  Not a "shot" at people for not buying his albums.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I think of Bach as Patrick from Spongebob.  He isn't a bad person, he's just how he is.  I mostly like Angel Down, 8 out of 14 to like in an album aint bad going for me.
I still think his frameshift shit needs pursuing more.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Baz is a douche, now and forever.

As for Angel Down, I thought it was comparable to Skid '88 & Slave, and worth the buy.... but I still didn't buy it. And other than "By Your Side" which I thought was solid live when I heard it before the album's release, still the strongest trx on the album were the Axl tracks.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I know rock fans hate auto tune, but I liked the work on Baz's voice on Sorry.

When I remixed it I just used his vocals for the chorus - I think it sounds better, honest to God.

Board footer