You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Sebastian Bach Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

You don't hear Ratt? Huh?

I take it you didn't listen to their most recent-release Infestation? The Baz track could be a hidden track on that album.

The production sounds virtually identical to my ears, and Baz's voice even has Pearcy-isms with the studio tweaks.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Link was removed..but i found it elsewhere.

Going to give it some time to sink in, but first impression is 9 -

Baz has that fucking voice still...and looking forward to hearing some more shredding from Nick...good first taste of the album 3

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He seems much more processed vocally, similar to the very very refined-sound of the other Frontiers Records acts.

Interesting..I don't know enough to compare...but .I wonder if it's the mixing and mastering...as to me every modern rock release is starting to sound identical - like Sixx:Am, Alterbridge, Stone Sour etc...love those bands but the productions all have a certain sound...maybe it's the loudnesswar mastering I dunno. To me this release sounds sort of more "big budget" than angel down - although I have no idea if it is or not!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Sorry for another post..but here's a review:

http://sonicshocks.com/SEBASTIAN-BACH-K … eaming.php

SEBASTIAN BACH - Kicking and Screaming [Album]
Frontiers Records - 23rd September

Well, well, well.  I stand in total awe. This might be the best new album I’ve heard in years. Seriously.

How about a statement from the man himself on his new album.  “"Kicking & Screaming is my best record yet and I can’t wait for all of you to crank it!” states Sebastian Bach.  I agree with him 100%.

From the title track ‘Kicking and Screaming’ to the finale ‘Wishin’ this album doesn’t waiver one bit from one kick ass song to the next.

‘My Own Worst Enemy’ really showcases Nick Sterlings insane guitar skills.  This kid is amazing. 21 years old and performs like he has been playing for 30 years.  Coupled with Sebastian’s crazy good vocals and wildcat like screams, WOW.

‘I’m Alive’ has a slower tempo than previous songs.  It is the kind of song that every album has to have. It’s a slow down, get your breath from rocking so hard song.  Killer vocals once more from Bach.

To follow on from this, ‘Live the Life’ has all kinds of sounds going on throughout the track and I love it.  Ear splitting guitar solos along with Sebastian Bach’s scream….what more can you ask for, really?

‘Dream Forever’ could have been written by myself at various points in my own life. Damn Sebastian.  Back to rockin’ again. ‘One Good Reason’ gets you going again without too much time to think and focuses on solid rock and roll (And feeling like I need to give Sebastian a throat lozenge after those intense screams)

‘Lost in the Light’ might just be my favorite of these thirteen incredible songs. ‘Wishin’ ends the album with a sweet, slow song about ‘…finding the light in the darkest hour, take your dreams and give them power’ and how ‘…wishin’ won’t make it true’.

Oh Sebastian how I’ve missed you.

My advice to you? Mark your calendar for September 23rd if you are in Europe and to all of you in North America that would be September 27th for you.

Two words for Sebastian.  Thank you.

Review by Denise Britt

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, not too bad. Sounds modern, with a touch of classic rock in there. I didn't think the vocals were that flat either. There is some variation between the verses and chorus, and it doesn't sound that processed either, at least not to my ears.

Just like Monkey said, it sounds like other modern rock out there these days, and I think for someone like Baz who is dated to 80's hair metal, that's a good thing.

Interested to hear the rest of the album.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm interested to hear the rest of the album too. However, when I heard Baz perform "By Your Side" live in 2006, I was really interested then too. Then Angel Down turned into a big disappointment. Short of a few singles (mostly the Axl Rose songs).

Hopefully this album will be better, and Kicking & Screaming isn't the best song on the album.

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He seems much more processed vocally, similar to the very very refined-sound of the other Frontiers Records acts.

Interesting..I don't know enough to compare...but .I wonder if it's the mixing and mastering...as to me every modern rock release is starting to sound identical - like Sixx:Am, Alterbridge, Stone Sour etc...love those bands but the productions all have a certain sound...maybe it's the loudnesswar mastering I dunno. To me this release sounds sort of more "big budget" than angel down - although I have no idea if it is or not!

All the Frontiers releases sound "big budget". They basically want their people to make that big, bombastic, bigger than life hair metal production.

So in alot of ways, it's like modern rock, but with vintage hair-metal production. Everything is very refined, every other guitar lick is a hook, big choruses, etc.

I wouldn't be shocked if the rest of the album kind of blends together. But hopefully it's good. I'm anxious to hear the ballads, because if Kicking & Screaming are the "hard rockers", the ballads have got to sound amazing, like right of 1988 amazing - which is a good thing imho.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You don't hear Ratt? Huh?

I take it you didn't listen to their most recent-release Infestation? The Baz track could be a hidden track on that album.

The production sounds virtually identical to my ears, and Baz's voice even has Pearcy-isms with the studio tweaks.

Seriously, the last thing I heard from Ratt was Round And Round 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Haha, you missed some great songs. Probably only about a good album and a half, maybe two worth tho. 16

My original comment wasn't really to say - "it's like Ratt in terms of the soul and heart of the sound".

It was more the say the production sounded very very similar to me. The releases also would only be seperated by like an year and a half. I think ultimately the key similarity for me, would probably just boil down to the fact that Baz's voice, although unique, is very trapped in the decade it was born in, no different than Pearcy. The biggest obvious difference in sound, is Ratt continued their 80's sound with instrumentation, whereas Baz's sound tries to be more modern rock with riffs and drum fills n' shit. But vocally and melodically it's VERY 80's.

[youtube]IcgdpucvbYI&feature=related[/youtube]

The production just sounds similar to me.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

EPK for the Kicking and Screaming Album....it's got a few brief snippets of some other songs including a colaboration with John 5....

Sounds bad ass to me..

Really respect the way Baz pushes himself to create new stuff and outdo himself. 9

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Im interested.. Sounds pretty cool. THe young kid might have breathed some new air into Baz. Might be his best effort to date. We will see.

Board footer