You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Sebastian Bach Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Haha, that's actually not really what I meant.

I can understand the appeal of vinyl. I think it's a richer sound.

I meant, "I can't believe anyone is pressing a vinyl in 2011 for SEBASTIAN FREAKIN' BACH"

I guess Faster Pussycat's next release, Taime Downe's gonna get it put out on vinyl.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I meant, "I can't believe anyone is pressing a vinyl in 2011 for SEBASTIAN FREAKIN' BACH"

I guess Faster Pussycat's next release, Taime Downe's gonna get it put out on vinyl.

Taime down is such a piece of shit.  The only thing that needs to be pressed is his face into a meat grinder.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually I think you'll see more and more of it.

As music becomes free the current model seems to be to give music away at all price points and in all formats.

It's funnel marketing...you get sucked into the funnel and spend as much as you are willing to spend.

For some people that's going to be they just listen to the free streaming, for others they buy the super deluxe package where you move into Baz's garage or something.

But the key is having all those products around. So there's vinyl for the dudes who like it, and CDs for people who want that and Mp3's for the people who don't.

Baz is the ideal candadiate for this model because of his background. He has solid style and image, he's distinctive in look and voice. People who liked him in the 80s arn't going to suddenly hate what he does now  and he'll pick up the casual new fan with all his new efforts too.

I think in Baz's situation it's not about trying to be the new lady gaga and be relevent and all that, it's about being true to yourself and your style of music, and giving your hardcore fan base the kind of products they want. Which baz seems to do - he always sells autographed products for the hardcores and simpler stuff for casual fans. and he seems genuinely motivated to make records as good or better than his past works.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Baz was on with Eddie Trunk this week and told him of the vinyl release.  Eddie told Baz that Cheap Trick actually released their last album on 8 track.  The reason, so they could say they had the number one selling SOMETHING!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Rex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Taime down is such a piece of shit.  The only thing that needs to be pressed is his face into a meat grinder.

Haha, I agree.

People just think Axl's an asshole.

Downe takes it to a whole 'nother level. The guy actually made a joke out of one of the original "former" bandmembers getting cancer.

Someone had to actually sit down and explain to him how tasteless and uncool that was. He then recanted, and claimed the whole thing was a misunderstanding.

I think ANYONE who goes to that level and has to be sat down and explained that they're incorrect have got to sociopathic.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

by sebastianbach
@sebastianbach Did you know "Kicking & Screaming" is Amazon mp3's FREE song of the day?amazon.com/dp/B005EV019A/…
2 hours ago

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought Baz didn't like giving anything away for free?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Fucking amazon won't allow mp3 downloads outside of the USA sad

Asshats.

Oh well, I'm going to buy the full CD anyway in a few weeks, but it still shits me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer