You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

Olorin wrote:

Its cool to hate on Axl. These comment sections have about as much merit  as those on youtube, but more power to you if value them I guess. Its hardly breaking news that Axl isnt popular, theres new generations of kids who have grown up only knowing that Axl is that rock singer dude that everyone hates. I think the majority of comments left in these tabloid and pop culture sites are written by teeny boppers, you can almost smell the acne lotion as you scroll down from an article on blabbermouth for example.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Amen to that! 22

Ask an avarage rockfan in a few months what that Activision-lawsuit was all about. They'll go: "What lawsuit?!"

The hatred shown by some of the usual suspects in this thread borders on insane, to the point where I'm almost concerned for their mental wellbeing.

The easy access that modern technology has brought us, like legal documents flying around the world minutes after being filed, is not necessarily a good thing in every case. Could be a distraction from what actually concerns and affects you personally.

16  Wow! You seriously need help dude. Axlin said brainwashed but that's an understatement.

Really?

Let's see...
Quick and easy copy and paste of quotes from this thread alone:

Bono wrote:

It's pathetic and I think it clearly shows he has some serious mental issues

Bono wrote:

he needs help

Bono wrote:

Either he's just naturally mentally sick or the leaches that surround him have severly poisoned his mind.

Bono wrote:

the guys currently in Guns N' Roses are also probably embarassed about this.

Bono wrote:

I'm literally blown away by the stupidity of all of this.

Bono wrote:

Oh and as for Axl's net worth of $200 million..... BULL FUCKING SHIT!

Bono wrote:

the dude obviously needs money.

Bono wrote:

This is nothing more than a  deranged lunatic trying to convince the world that original Guns N' Roses never existed.

Bono wrote:

who the fuck does Axl think people associate Jungle with?

Bono wrote:

This whole thing is such a  joke.

Bono wrote:

It's well beyond my capacity to understand how on earth anyone can side with Axl on this

Bono wrote:

Slash himself has done more than Axl to keep the Gn'R popularity going.

Bono wrote:

I love how the irony of it all is completely lost on Axl and his peeps.

Bono wrote:

Axl bitches and moans about misperception in the media

Bono wrote:

Axl continues to pull these jerkoff stunts.

Bono wrote:

You couldn't write a more laugable situation

Bono wrote:

honestly he looks like such a twat

Bono wrote:

This is just beyond ridiculous.

Bono wrote:

I'll bet he needs money.

Bono wrote:

or his leaches feel they need more money.

Bono wrote:

This is all about money and greed  has NOTHING to do with any type fo integrity whatsoever.

Bono wrote:

this is gonna paint Axl as a sniveling whiney little bitch

Bono wrote:

The only positive thing Axl can get out of this is a nice little payday

Bono wrote:

The guy and the people he surrounds himself with business wise are complete and utter clowns.

Bono wrote:

hahahahahaha! Talk about fucking yourself right in the ass.

Bono wrote:

Honestly they have got to be the dumbest most insecure people on the planet.

Bono wrote:

The guys is a clown

Bono wrote:

I honestly believe the guys in the band probably look at this and think it's douchey as well.

Bono wrote:

NOTHING Axl does will change it. Not now, not ever. Slash IS ALWAYS going to be known as former/original Guns N' Roses' lead guitarst.

Bono wrote:

he can't pull bullshit stunts like this lawsuit to try and erase Slash.

Bono wrote:

Axl needs a swift kick in the head.

Bono wrote:

He's in sucha  fantasy world and he's lost all grasp on reality.

Bono wrote:

Slash IS Guns N' Roses every bit  as much as Axl

Bono wrote:

It's the wrong move on his part end of story cause he can't possibly get the results he wants.

Bono wrote:

Axl's just after some quick cash.

Wow!!

You're waaaay to personally involved, dude! The anger and venomous bashing of Axl and people who support him is outta of every logical and common sense of control. The bashing you have come up with here in the past months could fit a novel! I mean literally! I'm very sure your energy and time could be better spent.

Your theories on the Duff-incident in London leading to your precious reunion, must have taken a serious hit and tipped you right over the edge.

The behind the scenes ongoings, legal, financial and personal matters in GNR shouldn't mean this much to ANYONE! It really really shouldn't.

Take a break man!

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

...So I don't see this deal as all that much different from getting Coke to sponsor a game, and them asking for the game not to include Pepsi.

Damn! Whish I would've come up with that analogy!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Its cool to hate on Axl.

Maybe for casuals. As a life long fan, my anger is how the man looks more and more small minded, bitchy, ridicilous and sadly irrelevant as time goes by. He should be up there with Bono, instead he's down with Mustaine.

These comment sections have about as much merit  as those on youtube, but more power to you if value them I guess

That is so true and I always admired Monkeychow for his balanced, considerate and respectful input to this forum. We need all ends of the spectrum here to keep it interesting. Right now we have Natlav and his crew on one end, Buzz, Bono and myself pretty far down the other!!
Its all good.

He's seemingly been in a lose-lose situation since the turn of the century.  Granted, he hasn't done much to help himself out, but lots of people had already made their minds up and more and more have done so over the years

See this is where we differ. You say people had already made their minds made up which seems to imply they jumped to conclusions. For me, Axl forced me to think this way. I just stacked his bullshit up over the years, stood back, evaluated it and found myself thinking 'what a fucking douche'.

I have to admit I'm around GNR to rubber neck for bullshit and hope for new music. I'd buy an album with Axl singing nursery rhymes; the mans voice will always blow my mind. His increasing crankiness and pettyness as he ages is just waaay old now.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Naltav wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

...So I don't see this deal as all that much different from getting Coke to sponsor a game, and them asking for the game not to include Pepsi.

Why? It is absolutely flawed. It's more akin to Coke committing to coming to a soft-drink convention as long as Pepsi isn't coming, but Mountain Dew, Seven-Up, Sprite, ... etc... are all fine (ignoring the fact that most are owned by the same set of companies). It's a guitar hero game, there is bound to be competition for your band and it's the nature of the format that bands who commit songs have no other say in the rest of the product's execution.

They were perfectly in their right to try and negotiate otherwise, but let's be honest here: the most logical explanation for what happened is that Beta neglected to take care of this is in a professional manner (ie get everything in writing) but is trying to cover her ass by falling back to so-called "verbal agreements" that have no substantial proof and therefore no value in the real world. She's basically going for the "but I trusted him on his word" card, which is about the dumbest thing you can do in business.

And for the record, I think all the wining and bashing is very much deserved and appropriate in this case. Some remarks might be rude, and Bono's list is impressive, but they are never necessarily wrong or besides the point. I don't think we should worry too much about the small personal remarks (e.g. the botox remarks), it's what people do when they are pissed off, flabbergasted or ventilating.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Why? It is absolutely flawed. It's more akin to Coke committing to coming to a soft-drink convention as long as Pepsi isn't coming, but Mountain Dew, Seven-Up, Sprite, ... etc... are all fine (ignoring the fact that most are owned by the same set of companies). It's a guitar hero game, there is bound to be competition for your band and it's the nature of the format that bands who commit songs have no other say in the rest of the product's execution.

You do raise a good point, that the very concept of the game does require competition to be there. But at the same time, I still think it's one thing to have the song amongst dozens of classic rock songs of the same caliber, it's another to make the entire game revolve around that track and have slash as a boss character and the poster boy for the game. (I do think he deserves to be...i'm just saying there's ways the track might have been licensed without as much damage to the new-gnr brand). So i guess it's the difference between also allowing pepsi in the fridge and putting a pepsi logo on every ticket and billboard for the convention 16:haha:

I just think from a business point of view, at the time this deal was made, VR was a significant threat to GNR, as it's 3/5 of the line up, more media friendly, winning awards, and all this was only a year out from the much anticipated Chinese Democracy release.

All I was really getting at was the Axl trying to get these restrictions into the deal might have been more to do with that than just a simple "fuck you" to slash.  But then I wouldn't know. I could be wrong. I just think there's quite logical business reasons to go for such a clause.

As for beta, well, Axl considers her family, and to be honest, looking at how turbulent and unhappy he seemed in his 20s, I think we're lucky he's got through all this and is still alive and kicking ass and I think we can credit beta and the like for helping that happen.

I'll agree that maybe they need some hotshot yet trustworthy suits or something on the team as well though, as these sorts of deals gone bad seem to happen a lot. But then again...trustworthy people are hard to come by. I'd imagine for a guy like Axl that's in a position of power and wealth that a lot of business type people would try and use you for their own agendas. Add in his unusual requirments (late nights etc) and it's probably quite hard to find good people.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

find me one 'official' band picture with Gun N Roses over it that does not include Slash.

----------------GUNS N' ROSES-----------------
Guns+N+Roses+GnR2006.png&t=1

(Sorry! Couldn't help myself!)  smile

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

Great mail Mole.. and great analysis of the situation!!!

It really boils down to this for me:

- Slash wrote, recorded, toured and discussed WTTJ for over a decade as a the lead guitar player in GNR.

- He is still famous for his work in GNR.

- As a co-writer of the song, has a as much of a right to make money off of his body of work as Axl.

- Axl has no right to attempt to interfere or demand a say over the    commercial activities and agreements between Activision and a completely seperate band to whom he has no link.

- To the general public this looks like a three year late, desperate attempt to siphon cash from a franchise the 'GNR Business Team'  (note the inverted commas) completely underestimated in terms of its potential global success, subsequent revenue generation and global reinvigoration of the 'Slash Brand'.

-The lawsuit is poorly written and instead of sticking to the partciulars of the contracts as drafted and signed, it degenerates into rants and deluted platitudes about the song itself.

- Axl's lack of grace and inability to 'build a bridge' is all very old now for everybody.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Naltav wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Nah! I thought it was a good one. wink

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

Sorry! Couldn't help myself!)

Is that really the only pic of them all together off stage??

Board footer