You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Wow!!

You're waaaay to personally involved, dude! The anger and venomous bashing of Axl and people who support him is outta of every logical and common sense of control. The bashing you have come up with here in the past months could fit a novel! I mean literally! I'm very sure your energy and time could be better spent.

Your theories on the Duff-incident in London leading to your precious reunion, must have taken a serious hit and tipped you right over the edge.

The behind the scenes ongoings, legal, financial and personal matters in GNR shouldn't mean this much to ANYONE! It really really shouldn't.

Take a break man!

14 You are such a  fucking tool man. Literally you are the worst poster I've seen in many years.  This righteous, hollier than thou attitude you present us with is so lame. Like you have more integrity than the rest of us 14 I'm too personally involved? Personally involved? How is that even possible?  ha! Dude the word you're looking for is emotionally involved and it's the guy who does nothing but defend and make excuses for this clown that is. I'm not the one blinded by my infatuation with Axl.  I call a spade a spade. Thanks for quoteing all my spades. Must've taken ya quite a while to put that together. Seems someone is a little too emotional involved in other areas as well.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

now now..play nice

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

oh yeah i bought that Slash GHIII figure abotu a month ago when i found it...lol

Its fugly as all hell but i had never seen it for sale before and it was only $7 so i figured wtf ... i wish Axl would let mcfarlane do a doll of him, that would be cool

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

^^ funny you mention the Figures. I was on facebook and BLS posted the Zakk figure in there store for $99.99 USD 14
http://blacklabelsociety.shop.bravadous … c=RSSB636#
Official Black Label Society
BGAMZW158.JPG
Zakk Wylde is today's standard-bearer for metal/rock guitar. His merciless attack has fueled Ozzy for almost two decades and he shows no signs of letting up as he heads The Black Label Society. The unyielding loyalty and appreciation that is demonstrated by Zakk's fans is proof positive of the importance a true Guitar Hero plays in music. Anyone who sees Wylde play is not only struck by his formidable chops, but also by the sincerity with which he carries out his work on stage each night. His performance is never less than an all out assault, securing his place in music history. Zakk Wylde is a Guitar Hero in its purest form.

Statue stands approximately 9" tall.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ That Zakk Wylde looks like the one that was produced by Kuncklebonz, they did a Slash one too. It was a similar price.  Thy aren't plastic either they are a good quality sculpture with lots of detail and they were hand painted.

KBSL100_00.jpg

Neemo how are the lips on that GHIII figure of Slash. They look like a massive shaved vagina 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i dont really inspect the lips of dudes...even if they are toys....and the last thing i would think of, on the off chance that i did inspect a dude's mouth, would be that it resembled a vagina... ya freak 14 19

the first mcfarlane slash figure fucking rules..i managed to get it when it came out, its still in the package cuz someone told me that the cigarette breaks easily

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah i have this one on my desk:

0505_mcslash.jpg

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

monkeychow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Ax doesn't control his share of the publishing rights. Uni does, following their buyout of Sanctuary.

Are you sure? Normally when someone licenses rights like Axl did they maintain approval/rejection rights over specific uses like syncs to movies/films and so on, despite the profits going to the publisher.

If not, the sanctuary deal was done circa 2005 I think, so why was Axl giving approval for Jungle to be used in GH3 circa 2007? I'm almost certain he'd still have say so about what gets the use of his music.

I am confused how Axl suddenly owns the majority stake in the publishing rights. Slash and Duff were still part of the original partnership and had rights to 1/3 of the royalties for publication of the old catalog, including rights to allowing it used.

Did something change that allowed Axl to take a greater share? If not, then Slash and Duff are as large an owner of WTTJ as Axl. Thus Slash cannot be separated intellectually from any use of Jungle.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I am confused how Axl suddenly owns the majority stake in the publishing rights. Slash and Duff were still part of the original partnership and had rights to 1/3 of the royalties for publication of the old catalog, including rights to allowing it used.

Yeah, I don't know the percentages but I didn't mean to imply Axl has a majorty or anything. It could easily be the 1/3 thing.

But normally all song writers would have approval/vito over any use the publisher comes up with. Of course it depends on the nature of the publishing deal.

killingvector wrote:

Thus Slash cannot be separated intellectually from any use of Jungle.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Obviously slash is a key songwriter for the song and famous for it. So on that level it's clear he's associated with it.

But that doesn't mean he can do whatever with it.

How's this for a fictional example. Say Slash/Duff/Adler/Axl each own 25% of Welcome to the Jungle. Duff after a strong round of fart tennis duff gets a call from his publisher. They inform him that someone is making tampons with "I'm going to watch you bleed" as the catch phrase for the product and plans on using the song in the TV commerical. Adler thinks it's funny and signs off. Duff gets sold by the business plan of the company cos every rock chick will get them and it's a billion dollar idea.  Now i'd expect that at some point the publisher is going to have to get slash/axl to also sign off on the usage of the song....for it to make TV...even though Duff and Steven are songwriters on the track.

(Sorry Duff and Steven)

So i guess what I mean is, while I agree that on one hand slash is rightfully famous for making that song what it is guitarwise, at the same time that doesn't itself mean that the other songwriters have to go along with any usage if for some reason they think it would damage their brand.

In the case of Axl who was about (in theory) to relaunch the slashless GNR with a new album, it's not really in his interests to introduce slash to a new generation of kids, and promote GNR has being the band slash does kickass stuff in.

Board footer