You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

Sky Dog wrote:

On vacation...drinking some good Bourbon on the rocks...feeling way too good to get involved with this. 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I agree monkeychow. We may think axl is being a little bitch for allegedly making all these slash related stipulations in order for Activision to use jungle. The fact is if they agreed to them and then did what they did then you would assume he has a case and the right to go after them.

I think the derision for him and the case comes from the slash obsessed requests he made in the first instance coupled with the fact that his "team" seemed to have yet again fucked up the business side of things.

I love Gnr's music and Axl as a frontman, that has never changed. But honestly they couldn't even organize a pissup in a brewery. The way GNR operates is laughable.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

wow the harshness in this thread...for a bunch of guys who love his music we're so nasty-ass.

it's ironic cos I think Axl actually has a bit of a point on this one. It does sound like he got played a little by activision.

Loving his music and agreeing with his continueal petty doucheness are two entirely different things.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

14 Rigt on. Cue yet another exodus of fed up Axl Rose fans. The guy and the people he surrounds himself with business wise are complete and utter clowns.  Way to go Gn'R Inc. Your desire to make people forget that Slash isn't in the band has backfired by bringing this to the absolute forefront. Honestly nobody gave a fuck or had a second thought about Slash's connection with Guns n' Roses in this video game cause they think about it subconscioulsy when they hear the song regardless but now? hahahahahaha! Talk about fucking yourself right in the ass. Mit as well name the next tour "Guns N' Slashless Roses" Honestly they have got to be the dumbest most insecure people on the planet.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Axl gets another push of the GNR name out there, managed to take a few cheap shots at Slash in the process, and will get approx. 1 million $ out of court settlement I think. Win win win.

The internet will call him a dick for a few days and then it'll be forgotten about. Sure Axls used to that by now 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The comments after the article are hilarious.  Anyone that wants to know what the general public thinks about Axl should take to reading them.  I mean, I've been telling you guys for years and keep getting told I don't speak for everyone.  Fortunately, Axl created an avenue for people to speak for themselves.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The comments after the article are hilarious.  Anyone that wants to know what the general public thinks about Axl should take to reading them.  I mean, I've been telling you guys for years and keep getting told I don't speak for everyone.  Fortunately, Axl created an avenue for people to speak for themselves.

I mean really...go read a few pages.  Some of them are pretty stupid, but the theme is pretty constistent.

nugdafied wrote:

Sounds to me like Axl wants a bigger piece of the pie for the first $billion  dollar video game. Just another example of Botaxl Rose trying to cash in on Slash's genius. I thought Axl buried AFD years ago?

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

would someone please copy and paste the court document(s) into this thread or pm them to me? Thanks in advance
blabber finally picked up the story http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
ghiii.jpg

Board footer