You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

Slash's genius

Good one.

I'm sorry, but that's a simple and well-known truth. Not Robin Finck made Guns N' Roses one of the greatest guitar bands ever.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

As for his claim that an Activision guy went backstage crying to appologise.  If anybody really believes that crap then I'm sorry but those same people would worry me cause well there are tails about a big white bearded guy that lives in the North Pole and gives every kids in the world gifts.  Also look in to the tooth fairy, Easter Bunny and the existence of unicorns as all those stories are just as believable as this.

whoa, wait what the fuck!? Unicorns aren't real? sad

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

And there was me happily imagining Duff slowly talking Axl down out of his manic, obsessive hatred of Slash over dinner in London.

Looks like whatever cosy chat those two gentlemen had, I guess Duff didn't even knock a dent in the iceberg that is Axl's OTT position on Slash.

The reaction to this suit has been universally damning, I bet it will quietly be withdrawn in a few weeks time. You would not want to risk taking on Activision unless you had a water tight case and a humungous wallet

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

as for VH1 BHTM i think Axl wanted them to wait to do it until after the album was out and VH1 said no, so axl declined to take part

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I havent read this whole thread, but I just saw this on IGN and its incredibly embarrassing.  THIS is why I hardly pay attention anymore.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

Loving his music and agreeing with his continueal petty doucheness are two entirely different things.

Normally i'd agree but it seems this thread was turning into a bash fest, I mean there's people accusing him of botox and generally telling him to go fuck himself...not really much to do with the topic other than general axl-anger venting.

As for the topic. I can sort of see his point on this one. I mean if he wants to get the CD era out there, which to some extent it seems he does with the current tours and the band talking more and so on, the saturation coverage of Slash looking like he is still in GNR doesn't help the already uphill battle of replacing the old band to the general public.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

on Yahoo!'s home page...

Axl Rose's Hatred of Slash Results in $20 Million 'Guitar Hero' Lawsuit
Posted Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:25am PST by Daniel Kreps in Amplifier

Eager to become the talk of every music fans' Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, Axl Rose has just issued his most insane lawsuit yet, suing "Guitar Hero" makers Activision for $20 million for featuring Guns N' Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" in "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock." Axl initially signed off on "Jungle" being used in the game, but on one condition: Do not put any music by Velvet Revolver, which boasts guitarist Slash (Rose's former bandmate and mortal enemy) in the game. Well, not only did "Guitar Hero III" offer a bunch of Velvet Revolver songs, they crowned Slash the game's spokesperson, featured him on the game's cover and made him a playable avatar. Cue Axl's lawsuit..

"[Activision] began spinning a web of lies and deception to conceal its true intentions to not only feature Slash and VR prominently in GH III but also promote the game by emphasizing and reinforcing an association between Slash and Guns N' Roses and the band's song 'Welcome to the Jungle,' " Rose's lawyer Skip Miller writes in the $20 million suit. Guns N' Roses' "Sweet Child O' Mine" featured in "Guitar Hero II," and "Shackler's Revenge" from Axl's long-awaited "Chinese Democracy" actually debuted as a game-ending challenge in "Rock Band 2," so Rose isn't opposed to the use of his songs in music video games. This comes down to, once again, Rose's undying hatred of Slash. .

"There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty," Rose said in 2009. "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided." Rose also sued his former manager Irving Azoff, the CEO of Live Nation Ticketmaster, accusing Azoff of conspiring to assemble a Guns N' Roses reunion tour that included Slash. That legal tiff is likely the reason why Axl's GNR hasn't toured the U.S. on its "Chinese Democracy" trek (although a February tour is rumored)..

Why would Axl's lawsuit arrive three years after the release of "Guitar Hero III"? The Amp likes to imagine that during a brief hiatus in the GN'R tour, Rose headed to his local Best Buy to get a jump on some Black Friday shopping. While pushing his cart down the discount video game aisle, he saw the box for "Guitar Hero III" with Slash on the cover and got perturbed. After purchasing the game along with the new deluxe "Avatar" DVD and Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday," Axl drove back to his home in the Hollywood Hills to see if GNR's music was in fact in the game, only to discover that he bought an XBox 360 copy of "GH3" and he only owned a Playstation 3. Down but not defeated, Rose then realized that he could simply go on Wikipedia to see the game's track list. And then he called his lawyer..

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplif … o-lawsuit/

read the comments at the end...it ain't pretty

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Normally i'd agree but it seems this thread was turning into a bash fest,

have you read what the rest of the world is saying? What's here is mild. Its a universal thumbs down for Axl, people seem genuinely enraged with him.

I can sort of see his point on this one.

I hope its its only 'sort of'. The fact that he not only wanted Slash out but VELVET REVOLVER also shows a level of vindictivness I would have not expected or seen. He's out to displace all ex-members of GNR.

if he wants to get the CD era out there, which to some extent it seems he does with the current tours and the band talking more and so on, the saturation coverage of Slash looking like he is still in GNR doesn't help the already uphill battle of replacing the old band to the general public

Monkey my son, find me one 'official' band picture with Gun N Roses over it that does not include Slash. He's had YEARS to get photos together, music mag interviewsetc. Nothing...this can only mean he does't want to put the new band in pictures and he doesn't want them communicating in great detail with the public as a GNR member.

This suit is just another bitter, small-minded lash out by Axl. GNR's lack of identity is entirely his fault, not Slash's or Activisions. Slash wrote the riff, its a Guitar game,  'nuff said.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Normally i'd agree but it seems this thread was turning into a bash fest,

have you read what the rest of the world is saying? What's here is mild. Its a universal thumbs down for Axl, people seem genuinely enraged with him.

It's not exactly earth shattering news that people hate Axl Rose.  That's been the story for the last 15 years.  And neither Slash nor Axl himself has done very much to lessen that hatred.  I haven't read the comments.  I don't care about the comments.  I'm not the least surprised by the comments.  I honestly don't think Axl cares what general music fans feel about him.  If he does, he's doing a terrible job of showing it.  He's got enough hardcore fans that will still buy into whatever it is that he's selling.  I know that number seems to be dwindling by the day, but they still put on large shows across the world (outside of the US), despite all the hatred for him.  They got bottled off the stage in Dublin, yet they soldiered on.  I somehow doubt a few nasty comments on the internet are going to have the slightest impact on how Axl handles himself in the future.

Look, I'd much rather be talking about releasing new music, or US tour dates, or SOMETHING, ANYTHING positive.  But this has been the story for the last decade plus.  Nobody should be surprised anymore.  I don't see the reason to get all upset about this.  I'm numb to it by now.  Luckily they get back on the road in a few weeks so we have something else to talk about, because I could honestly care less about all this nonsense.  Axl's gonna do what he's gonna do.  That's fine with me.  I have no say in that, nor should I.  Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Board footer