You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: GunsNRosesNews RUMOUR. & THEREFORE SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A PINCH OF

bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
jamester wrote:

In other news: Dj has the ability to do grafic design kinda like slash use to draw for the band back in the day

Is there anything he doesn't completely copy Slash on?

God I hope that's a joke. Every teenager who ever dreamed of being in a band drew their own logos/graphics/album artwork. If DJ is copying Slash, then Slash is just copying the guy before him who copied the guy before him.

Tongue-in-cheek or not, i'm tired of all the "Slash did this first." No, he didn't. Someone did it before him.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
madagas wrote:
bigbri wrote:

They/he could just drop the album true indie-style like Bucket does. Do your own artwork, simple sleeve packaging, sell it through the band's web site and iTunes, but they/he are not ambitious enough.

I am sure you are quite aware of this but they can't just drop an album on an indie label. I don't think Uni is just going to give Axl his left over Chinese tracks and let him walk to another label. From the chats after the release of Chinese.

"Universal has Guns under contract but I own the name."

No, I don't get into all the boring contractual bullshit. It wouldn't be a label. It would be just dumping it. They could burn their own CDs if they wanted.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
jamester wrote:

In other news: Dj has the ability to do grafic design kinda like slash use to draw for the band back in the day

God I hope that's a joke. Every teenager who ever dreamed of being in a band drew their own logos/graphics/album artwork. If DJ is copying Slash, then Slash is just copying the guy before him who copied the guy before him.

Tongue-in-cheek or not, i'm tired of all the "Slash did this first." No, he didn't. Someone did it before him.

Tis a joke at least on my part that started in the twitter thread. Anytime time you see the "in other news" because every time someone mentioned Dj here came a reason he copied slash to match the subject. May as well beat them and mention a similarity *shrug*

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
jamester wrote:

Yeah, it was tongue-in-cheek.

Tbh, I can see it from both sides.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Hope they leave the 80's artwork on the sidelines. Was pretty suprised to see the new merchandise has went back to using cliche skulls n' shit.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
bigbri wrote:
madagas wrote:
bigbri wrote:

They/he could just drop the album true indie-style like Bucket does. Do your own artwork, simple sleeve packaging, sell it through the band's web site and iTunes, but they/he are not ambitious enough.

I am sure you are quite aware of this but they can't just drop an album on an indie label. I don't think Uni is just going to give Axl his left over Chinese tracks and let him walk to another label. From the chats after the release of Chinese.

No, I don't get into all the boring contractual bullshit. It wouldn't be a label. It would be just dumping it. They could burn their own CDs if they wanted.

If they end up being contractually prevented from ever properly releasing the material, they could just dump it all on the web, like Trent Reznor did with the Broken Movie DVD, the Closure double DVD, the 400 gig torrent of 3 full shows in multicam HD footage, etc. Or like Billy Corgan did with Machina II. Kind of a big "fuck you" to the label - if they won't put it out then just fucking give it away.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

And in other news, DJ says he's heterosexual. Must be copying Slash again....

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
huntermc wrote:
bigbri wrote:
madagas wrote:

If they end up being contractually prevented from ever properly releasing the material, they could just dump it all on the web, like Trent Reznor did with the Broken Movie DVD, the Closure double DVD, the 400 gig torrent of 3 full shows in multicam HD footage, etc. Or like Billy Corgan did with Machina II. Kind of a big "fuck you" to the label - if they won't put it out then just fucking give it away.

That's what I was getting at. Thanks for saying it better than I.

Sky Dog wrote:

That would be fine with me but Levon likes his money ......Ax ain't giving anything away for free.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Yeah, I mean Axl would do well to follow Trent's example. Every time Reznor gives an album or DVD away on the web, he earns massive goodwill from both his fan base and the press. Axl should finish up whatever contractual obligation he has left with Universal, then just tell them to fuck off and go the independent route.

Board footer