You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GunsNRosesNews RUMOUR. & THEREFORE SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A PINCH OF

Sky Dog wrote:

I would have thought they would have settled up everything after the release of Chinese and parted ways at that time. It's a constant clusterfuck in Axl-land.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Probably because AXL is the problem. Not Uni.

johndivney wrote:

axl is reaping the whirlwind of pissing off & on the label.. it's almost like he expected the label & bosses 2 be all sweetness n light & super grateful he finally got some songs finished. but instead it seems more like there's nobody with any goodwill towards him willing to lend him a helping hand, or worse 2 obstruct & undermine GnR/Axl.. that's just how it looks 2 my eyes. everybody sometimes bites the hand that feeds n axl is gettin paid back in kind for his obnoxious, demanding behaviour.. now axl might've had his reasons for behaving like the knob that he was/is, but that also provides the people on the other end reasons not to help him.

in theory uni could take the moral high ground, but they've no real reason to. why should they budget many more millions on promo & video's when axl ploughed his own furrow & activitely insulted the label/bosses (remember the story of him driving over cd's of wouldbe producers??) & spent their money ungratefully for over a decade??

& as has always been the way the people who really suffer are the fans cause really whats a few more million of profit those guys would make over the principle of the thing?

that's if that's how it's going down of course..

another reason i don't think axl would drop mega gigs of live shows is cause he's such a perfectionist & is AFRAID of releasing anything that might not show him in the best form. remember the whole 2 do about the Reading gig being broadcast on the BBC?
it's weird cause some of the decisions he's made in terms of output he has released has been subpar...

Sky Dog wrote:

blah blah blah...it is a two way street. Axl made Geffen/Uni WAY WAY WAY more than he made. The music industry is in the toilet for a reason. The major labels suck and always have. They are predatory beasts who have ripped off artists for years.

Axl is no saint and is crazy as fuck, but the labels and the music industry are equally to blame for the mess you see with Gnr and hundreds of other bands.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

blah blah blah...it is a two way street. Axl made Geffen/Uni WAY WAY WAY more than he made. The music industry is in the toilet for a reason. The major labels suck and always have. They are predatory beasts who have ripped off artists for years.

Axl is no saint and is crazy as fuck, but the labels and the music industry are equally to blame for the mess you see with Gnr and hundreds of other bands.

I hear half of what you're saying but I don't know of any band that has such a  clusterfuck on the business end of things the way Guns N' Roses does and that's all because of Axl. Not some label.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe with other bands, not with Axl.  Axl has created his own problems.  I don't see any way you could argue otherwise.  Every roadblock he's faced has been at the very least partially created by him.  It's a protection mechanism for him.  In his mind, it's everybody else's fault.  It keeps him from having to put himself out there and risk being hurt again.  The record company, just like Azoff and ticketmaster, are just pawns that are being used because he knows people dislike them as much or more than they dislike him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

I'd give you a karma for this... but you know, you pussed out of being judged on here.

Sky Dog wrote:

cute...:P......You guys just don't get it. Axl is a one man mutiny! 16

I too agree that Axl is mainly to blame for his predicament. I just don't think it is fair to give the label a free pass.

johndivney wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl is a one man mutiny! 16

i agree w/this an applaud him 4 it. 4 whatever it's worth i'm in his corner but at the same time he can't be prophizing monumental promotion or be demanding budgets for video shoots when he himself disparged & distanced himself from the money men. if one of ur buddies fucks u over u'r not gonna give him a lift 2 the airport or help him move furniture unless there's some sorta compromise.
& axl's completely correct not to compromise. but then he can't be bitching n complaining about not getting nothin done. knowwhatimean? just do it urself n leave the BS behind - which 4 the most part he does do, he just goes out n tours. but when he complains he makes himself look like a little bitch cause there is plenty he could do that he doesn't do w/out needing label backing..

Board footer