You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: GunsNRosesNews RUMOUR. & THEREFORE SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A PINCH OF

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl's characterization would be interesting, too. They were pretty harsh with a lot of politicians.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

This problem with Azoff seems to be the #1 problem messing with the band at the moment.

If they could get rid of it, the doorway would be open for a Chinese Democracy 2 and the DVD, both of which would please fans, and continue to build this band up.

Then once that's all done, then creatively the way is clear for the current line up to write some stuff.

But it seems the business side of things is creating some kind of log-jam.

Axl is the #1 problem messing with the band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Yeah, the whole "Azoff's blacklisted GNR in the US" seems way off. Since DJ mentioned touring will begin in Feb in the US, the ball must be rolling in some shape or form. Prolly the usual square shape!

Those things about BF, remixalbum, DVD and follow-up to CD seems plausible, but anyone of us could have come up with that situation based on tidbits of info over the past years.

Doesn't really matter to me if it's true or not. The next releases from GNR will get here when they get here (or not) regardless. I won't get carried away on another CD-saga-waiting-game again! Doesn't mean I won't be all over it when things finally get released!

I'll go with whatever is going on at the moment. Now, I'm excited to see how things go for the gunners down-under!

DJ can mention it all he wants. If you actually hold any kind of serious weight with DJ's statements you need to check yourself.

Every single GN'R member, including Ron has stated numerous times that they have absolutely no influence, nor any idea of the business goings on of GN'R.

They truely are hired Guns. They are informed by Axl where to go and what to play once everything is set in motion. He and his camp handles all business & touring dealings with the band.

Probably the reason Axl has about 7 trailers and a total lavish setup on the road, while the rest of the band change in back of a Chevy Astrovan.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

This problem with Azoff seems to be the #1 problem messing with the band at the moment.

If they could get rid of it, the doorway would be open for a Chinese Democracy 2 and the DVD, both of which would please fans, and continue to build this band up.

Then once that's all done, then creatively the way is clear for the current line up to write some stuff.

But it seems the business side of things is creating some kind of log-jam.

Captain Obvious...just kidding, but it is true. Stupid is as stupid does. However, Axl and the brand GNR has positioned itself in a way where it can lose money yet still make a solid profit due to the brand name alone. In other words, he isn't making near the bank he could if done properly, yet he still can tour the world and bring home solid bacon. Quite a conundrum for us fans....:P

Oh, and I must say, I am slowly tiring of the "new" Gnr concept. Outside of Tommy, not much interest. No new music....this thing is done for me.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Yeah, the whole "Azoff's blacklisted GNR in the US" seems way off. Since DJ mentioned touring will begin in Feb in the US, the ball must be rolling in some shape or form. Prolly the usual square shape!

Those things about BF, remixalbum, DVD and follow-up to CD seems plausible, but anyone of us could have come up with that situation based on tidbits of info over the past years.

Doesn't really matter to me if it's true or not. The next releases from GNR will get here when they get here (or not) regardless. I won't get carried away on another CD-saga-waiting-game again! Doesn't mean I won't be all over it when things finally get released!

I'll go with whatever is going on at the moment. Now, I'm excited to see how things go for the gunners down-under!

DJ can mention it all he wants. If you actually hold any kind of serious weight with DJ's statements you need to check yourself.

Every single GN'R member, including Ron has stated numerous times that they have absolutely no influence, nor any idea of the business goings on of GN'R.

They truely are hired Guns. They are informed by Axl where to go and what to play once everything is set in motion. He and his camp handles all business & touring dealings with the band.

Probably the reason Axl has about 7 trailers and a total lavish setup on the road, while the rest of the band change in back of a Chevy Astrovan.

Levon wears his war wound like a Crown....he calls his child Jesus...cause he likes the name....Levon likes his money. He makes a lot they say.:haha:

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Not saying it WILL happen. But DJ has been in this game for many years, and I'm pretty sure he's experienced enough to see when things are moving in the right direction. And since DJ felt it was realistic enough to mention it in public and GNR official twitter mentioning it, it's not a far stretch of the imagination to asume that things have moved a bit further than "NO CHANCE IN HELL, AZOFF WILL BLOCK IT!!!".

With that said, the tour can go to shit without any involment from Azoff. No illusions there!

Axlin08 wrote:

Damn! Your post was kinda fair and balanced, then you went all stupid-old-anti-Axl-jibberish on us!
roll

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

buzzsaw wrote:

I disagree to the extent that your comment implies blame upon Axl.

If you want a reunion, i'd agree, as it seems he's made his feelings on that pretty clear.

However, in terms of relaunching the band as a new entity and moving forward it seems pretty clear that there's been a lot of business nightmares.

The deal with best buy would have taken some brokering, and then, whatever Axl did or didn't do, it's clear to me at least in Australia, the label also dropped the ball on CD's release, my local store laughed at me when I tried to order it.

Meanwhile god knows this business with Azoff sounds like a right mess, and lets be honest, we all though Azoff would have some kind of reunion agenda the minute he was hired, so I suspect Axl's side of that one is at least partially correct.

I don't think the guy is a saint. He clearly messed some things up along the way too. And he's not always right. But I also think Axl is a quite principled person, in that he chooses what he wants to do, and then sticks to it. So like if he thinks someone has crossed him, no amount of cash will change it - and I think sometimes he takes bodyshots to his own business to make that point.

Also, it's worth remembering that in Axl's situation a lot of people would be out to scam you and so on, or make deals in their interests not yours.

I really hope that future years see an end to most of the problems, and that the band can get more music out and do it's thing. I mean i'm not expecting miricles...I'm sure Axl will still play late and so on, but at the same time, it seems like the band did have a pretty rough ride last few years.

Sky Dog wrote:

from msl at mygnr

we already knew axl originally wanted the self-titled record out in november 2009. we also know he turned in a mixed and mastered album in the spring of 2010 and asked for a july release. seems reasonable that he's still trying to get UMG to release the album ASAP.

johndivney wrote:

that news about a self-titled rears it's head again.. while i think it'd be funny i'd prob prefer it 2 be called CDII..

not sure whether i believe there's a final mix & mastered record sitting there tho..

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl is 100% to blame. He brought Azoff in and we all knew what was going to happen, so there's no way he didn't. He was running out of others to blame, so he picked a guy that people wouldn't like because of ticketmaster and made him the new scapegoat. I can't believe anyone is falling for this garbage. Axl got exactly what he wanted.

Board footer