You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: to go tonight, or not to go tonight...

DCK wrote:

Just go man

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

not sure what you decided but I woudln't go if I was mulling over it that much. You're clearly not convinced you want to go, you have more reasons not to so if you do go you won't be in the right state of mind to enjoy the show. I did not want to go to the two shows in Alberta in December 2006 and they  ended up being two of the worst shows I have ever seen. I can admit that part of that probably had to do with my lack of desire to go but I already had tickets and I was going with friends.

So as much as everyone will think I'm just being negative I think if you're not looking forward to something it's not worth going, especially if you already know it's going to take place in an enviorment that you admitedly aren't going to enjoy regardless of which band is playing

just my 2 cents

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

how long u been on this site?

What kind of person sits round talking bout a band ALL DAY and then doesn't go see them?

Go

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Well, I guess it proves I'm that not much of a fan, but I actually chose not to go tonight.

I had some friends that kinda swayed my decision (as I was hoping they'd head in with me, and they didn't want to go see "the Axl show", as they put it), and I'd heard from my cousin that was there earlier in the day, that unless I got there by 4:30pm, I wouldn't have gotten tickets to see the show anyway, as apparently they were limiting the number of people to actually go inside the stadium for the concert part of the event.

It would have been cool to go, but I'm not that cut that I didn't.
I am quite tight on money at the moment (went to 3 Metallica shows a few weeks ago, and Christmas is coming up), and that also swayed my decision too, as no doubt I would've spent a shitload on merch on top of the ticket price.

The one good thing is that my cousin who was there, was sending me updates, and he thought the new band was absolutely brilliant. He kept sending texts saying "all 3 guitarists are awesome!", and stuff like that. So it's cool that they won some people over, who might not have usually given them a chance.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Another thing that keeps me at peace with not seeing them tonight, was that I saw the band twice on the 2007 Australian tour, and they were great shows too. So I'm at peace with having not gone to this show this time around.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Are you going to any of the Aussie shows or was that geographically your only shot?  I will make every effort to go see them if they ever tour the States, and preferably within driving distance.  But I can understand your reservations about not wanting to go, and money being tight and all, I guess.  I just haven't seen them in four years, so maybe I'm a bit more desperate.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Sydney was the only show within my reach logistically, as the other shows are mid-week (when I'm working and can't have time off), plus the other states they're playing in are far, far away from me.

I find it a bit weird that I'm ok with not going tonight, as I still kick myself that I missed seeing then band in 1993, but that was the original band. These new guys are good, but it ain't like I've missed seeing the original lineup again, so I'm ok with that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't start going to concerts until the original lineup was long gone, so I missed out on that.  I've seen the 2 previous lineups though, and hope to see the current one and any future lineups, and hopefully one day some sort of a reunion lineup. 

I would've gone if I were you.  But, I'm not you, and if you're okay with it, than it's all good.  That's all that really matters.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Court of GNRevolution is now in session, (self-appointed) Judge Monkeychow preciding.

Let the defendant take the stand:

metallex78 wrote:

I actually chose not to go tonight.

The court rules temporary insanity and the defendant is hereby ordered to serve no less than 2 hours in a Melbourne strip club upon his next Victorian visit.

This punishment will be monitored by selected officials of the honourable court.

In addition the defendant must listen to a GNR track on his ipod at least once during all usage of metropolotian transit for the next two days.

Hidden Text:

(Monitoring assuming I don't brutally snub you like last time! Sorry!)

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Good thing it wasn't trial by jury cause thanks to me it would have been a hung jury and this coudl turn into a real lengthy court case ala Axl's many cases. haha.

Board footer