You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Inductees To Be Announced Next Week - Dec.

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Bon Jovi deserve to go in on the 1st try.  Nobody can't denie that.  BUT!  I agree that Alice shoould've been there a long time ago.  And Kiss should already be in.  Yes they are overrated big time but their influence can't be denied.  Rush not in the HOF is a complete joke.

Well that's kinda my point about why Jovi shouldn't get in on the first try. I mean to say that, they shouldn't be in before the others we've mentioned (Rush, Kiss, etc)

Yeah I get it.  But just because the Hall missed the boat with those acts don't mean they have to miss the boat YET again.  Jovi's popularity is undeniable.  They were able to lat the 90's when most 80's band disappeared.  Are they more talented than Cooper and or Rush?  No but more popular.  I think so.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

eddietrunk

So I hear after 15 years being ignored Alice Cooper made the R&R Hall. Took them over a decade?! What a joke. But congrats to Alice. about 2 hours ago via TwitterBar

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'd be surprised if the beasties get the nod....

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'd be surprised if the beasties get the nod....

There's another band that would deserve to go in.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Tom Waits should also be in there already.  The rest of the nominees this year are......  well not sure I'd put them in there.  Who the fuck decides who gets nominated and who doesn't?  And why wasn't Kiss nominated again this year?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Because the Hall are basically saying in their own way "fuck KISS, they're never getting in if we have anything to say about it".

I guess because KISS are far too commercial to be considered. Yet Michael Jackson, Madonna and the countless rockabilly acts that are in there were entirely BUILT on commercialized appeal.

Gene slept with somebody's wife, i'm telling 'ya.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

I laughed out loud when I read your post Axlin.  Gene most than likely slept with someone's wife.  As for Kiss being too commercial, well Jovi are probably more commercial and well we all know they are going in.  As for having Madonna, Michael Jackson, Abba and many others and nominating Donna Summers.  While they all deserve to be in a hall, they don't deserve to be in the ROCK N ROLL hall of fame.  Put them in the Pop hall or music hall but Rock?  Fuck that shit!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm not really into Kiss, but the amount of famous people that say they started playing after watching a kiss peformance is quite astonishing, seems to come up in interviews all the time, that alone should get them in.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I laughed out loud when I read your post Axlin.  Gene most than likely slept with someone's wife.  As for Kiss being too commercial, well Jovi are probably more commercial and well we all know they are going in.  As for having Madonna, Michael Jackson, Abba and many others and nominating Donna Summers.  While they all deserve to be in a hall, they don't deserve to be in the ROCK N ROLL hall of fame.  Put them in the Pop hall or music hall but Rock?  Fuck that shit!

I completely agree with that. I never understood the inductees that have went in there over the years and there's an entire cult group of people who believe it's all fixed by the Jews (no shit). I'm not saying I believe any of that, but it is crazy that the RNRHOF have incited so many music fans over the years with their inductees that they have that many people furious with them over that, including a "piss off" from The Sex Pistols.

The RNRHOF inducts what they think is popular. They forget while doing so that it's not "The Music Hall of Fame".

There are more 'non-Rock' acts in there than actual rock acts. Yet.... many artists, including most members of Guns N' Roses consider it quite an honor to get in there.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Bon Jovi didn't make it.

Board footer