You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Re: Whatever happened?.....

Axl4Life wrote:

Anyone know what ever happened that "DVD Footage" that surfaced on youtube a while back? I believe DTJ posted the links...although I could be wrong?

Anyways, it featured Axl walking out on stage before a gig, and it showed him walk into what we thought was an oxygen chamber or whatever you call it. It also showed BBF and Izzy backstage along with him too.

Anyone know what the deal was on that? Any more news, etc?

I'm really curious about it, even though I don't really follow what goes on in the GNR world anymore, I still thought this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks...

Was this the footage that everyone thought that the bodyguard pushed BBF out of the way?

Although I don't remember Axl walking into an or what seemed like an oxygen chamber.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Was this the footage that everyone thought that the bodyguard pushed BBF out of the way?

Although I don't remember Axl walking into an or what seemed like an oxygen chamber.

Yeah it's that one. He does run into an oxygen tent I think. He runs of stage during one of the solos in CD, goes into a tent then comes back on.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I think it is what they are referring to. Not sure whatever happened to it, I think it got taken down during that whatever it was called (Hurricane?). As for the oxygen chamber, I think there was a scene where Axl walks backstage or something, and people assumed it was to catch a breather. I might be wrong. That "push" to BBF was classic. Must have been watched thousands of times by the GnR community. Kinda like the Zapruder film of JFK. (Stop, rewind, play, Stop, rewind, play).  lol

That footage was footage from a DVD that is supposed to come out.   It was posted on some site and it was taken down,  yes.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Yeah, thats the video I meant. If I remember correctly both those incidents that you guys stated were in the short scene that was posted.

Anyone know any more info on it tho? Whens it coming out? Has it been confirmed as being an official release? As far as I can remember it did seem like DVD quality.  hmm

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

Yeah, thats the video I meant. If I remember correctly both those incidents that you guys stated were in the short scene that was posted.

Anyone know any more info on it tho? Whens it coming out? Has it been confirmed as being an official release? As far as I can remember it did seem like DVD quality.  hmm

I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Just because it was taped doesn't mean they have the intentions of releasing a concert DVD or anything. I highly doubt this would come out before the album.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

That was the clip from documentary filmmaker Jonathan Rach.  It used to be up on Jonathan's Oddoblong.com website, but I see that the link doesn't work anymore even though the button is still there (under "videos").

As far as I know, it was also taken off of YouTube due to a claim by Tsunami.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Yes, even though the bodyguard was infact GNR's stage manager Tom Mayhue, shaking Ron's hand.

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

He runs into a room with the curtain-covered doorway, comes back moments later. Best bet is, he went for a breath of pure oxygen.

A DVD release of any kind is unlikely to happen before CD's release. I think Rach's crew was hired when the album was still a possibility for summer '06; I think they weren't even around during the US tour.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
sic. wrote:

A DVD release of any kind is unlikely to happen before CD's release. I think Rach's crew was hired when the album was still a possibility for summer '06; I think they weren't even around during the US tour.

Rach and his crew were over here in July 2007 for the Japan shows.  It sounds like they've got lots of material, but I doubt any DVD release would happen before the CD release.

Board footer