You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Monkeychow's GNR Roadtrip Experience

jamester wrote:
bucketfan wrote:

Awesome write up mate!

I'll be seeing them tonight in Perth.

How did you get the after show pass?

I bet he snuck into that contest and didnt share his video !:haha:

Enjoy the show bucketfan!:beer: Bring us back a video, picture or review if you wanna.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Awesome review and recap.  Glad you had a great time!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Absolutely wonderful story Monkey, and I am so truely happy for you. That is an amazing experience.

I trust you and you are an amazing fan. If you tell me these guys are on the level, I completely believe you and believe they are good people.

Once again - congrats. 9

2s6o760.jpg

I have a straw hat virtually identical to this. 16 9

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You deserved every second of it man

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
bucketfan wrote:

I'll be seeing them tonight in Perth. How did you get the after show pass?

Awesome, hope you have a great time!!!

I got the pass as a gift from Ron. I'd helped out in a small way with part of the administration of that  Australian video contest thingie he did and I guess he'd wanted to reward me. It was very cool of him as I wasn't expecting anything.

Aussie wrote:

Great review and pics, sounds like you had a great night!  I'm looking forward to tonights gig!
Loved the pics of the road trip and the reunion point.

Awesome...hope you have a blast..let us know how it goes too.

hahah yeah I think the carpark people were wondering what I was taking photos of!

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Well happy for you Monkey could not have happened to a nicer guy, Im so jealous. You jammy fuck, no offence 14

Thanks smile hehe...I had to look up Jammy in the urban dictionary just then...but yeah I agree...i totally feel SOOOO lucky....It's just been such an amazing year for me and this has really capped it off.

madagas wrote:

Mother Goose....coolest fucker in the place...Monkey?

haha...indeed he was pretty awesome!!! Both he,  Ron and Del seemed to take a lot of time out to interact and get to know people. I could imagine a meet and greet thing being a lot more mechanical than it was...but they they really made an effort to chat to the guests. I'm really thankful for the whole experience, and I'm sure a few of the other people felt the same way.

Anyway thanks for all the kind words everyone. Makes me blush wink

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Oh i forgot to say - there were funny signs down the front at the show calling for twat too...somethign like "Ron get your twat out" and "Feed us some twat" lol.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha...

so awesome Monkey! glad you had a great time and its so cool that you got to meet so many of the guys

del was awesome to talk to when i met him in London Ontario as well 22

so you didnt say much about DJ...what were your thoughts of him in a live setting?

where were your seats? if you were in GA then where did you stand?

Highlights from the gig?

what did you think of Ron's doubleneck? I think it looks prett awesome myself...and seeing him play live is out of this world, hes inhuman in his guitar skills

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Sounds like you had a blast Monkey!

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

Korn: I'm only a casual korn fan - but damn their drummer is badass. Wish i had video to show. I'm not a drummer but I was impressed.

i saw korn 5 times live and they put on a great show each time. ray luzier is a beast on drums!   i just read a review on a korn fan site by the way. it seems the people who went to the gnr/korn show really liked gnr`s performance, although someone pointed out that he thought dj was an "embarrasing slash wannabe"

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
WARose wrote:

Korn: I'm only a casual korn fan - but damn their drummer is badass. Wish i had video to show. I'm not a drummer but I was impressed.

i saw korn 5 times live and they put on a great show each time. ray luzier is a beast on drums!   i just read a review on a korn fan site by the way. it seems the people who went to the gnr/korn show really liked gnr`s performance, although someone pointed out that he thought dj was an "embarrasing slash wannabe"

While DJ gets that "brand" for obvious reasons, I think anyone and everyone who takes the lead guitarist role in GNR has been and will be viewed as an "embarrassing Slash wannabe".

Board footer