You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: VELVET REVOLVER Schedules UK/Ireland Dates

BLS-Pride wrote:

Mar. 12 - Ambassador Theatre, Dublin
Mar. 15 - University, Liverpool
Mar. 16 - University, Leeds
Mar. 17 - Apollo, Manchester
Mar. 19 - Carling Academy, Newcastle
Mar. 20 - Apollo, Glasgow
Mar. 22 - Wolverhampton Civic Hall, Wolverhampton
Mar. 23 - Carling Academy, Birmingham Birmingham
Mar. 25 - Carling Academy, Brixton London
Mar. 27 - Brighton Centre, Brighton

As previously reported, VELVET REVOLVER has rescheduled its postponed Australian tour to mid-February, according to News.com.au. The trek, originally slated for last week, was scrapped at the last minute due to unspecified "health issues" in the band. However, the postponement coincided with news that VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland was arrested last month for allegedly driving under the influence of a drug. Bassist Duff McKagan insisted that the "health issues" were the main reason for the tour's postponement, explaining, "(Exhaustion) has a lot to do with it, it really does. There are a couple of issues health-wise that have been coming to a head and everything will be rectified. These guys are resilient."

Both drug and health issues have dogged members of VELVET REVOLVER before. Guitarist Slash told The Pulse of Radio the story behind the revelation in his recently published autobiography that he has a pacemaker attached to his heart. "There was a certain kind of a slow, impending doom with that," he said. "I was very uncomfortable and basically pretty miserable, but working through it for a while, and then finally decided to go to the doctor. The next thing you know, you know, I'm looking at, 'You're gonna die in six days to six weeks,' or whatever."

The Australian dates will now take place between February 15 and February 20. A Japanese trek that was also scrapped has yet to be rescheduled.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Looks like the guys might have decided to mount a fight back in 2008.
Sounds to me like Duff is the 'mother' in this band. He is the only one who seems to be able to fly straight and keep people focused.
I'll be getting my Dublin tickets on Friday for sure.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Brixton Academy 9 Now theres an excellent venue, saw NIN there late in '06 and had a blast.

I may just have to get tickets for this one, especially if VR are running out of steam 18

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
downliner wrote:

Brixton Academy 9 Now theres an excellent venue, saw NIN there late in '06 and had a blast.

I may just have to get tickets for this one, especially if VR are running out of steam 18

Yep, Brixton is the best venue in London for sure. Tool there just kicked ass. I'll be getting tickets for this one. VR are suited to places like this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

love Brixton too.  seen so many good bands there - I love how the floor slopes down to the stage so the not-so-tall of us can see well too.  wonder if they'll add more London dates - they usually do more than one here. I'll look very forward to seeing them live again!

Board footer