You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES' 'Welcome To The Jungle' Mistaken For Death Threat - Dec

Acekicken wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Welcome To The Jungle' Mistaken For Death Threat - Dec. 13, 2007 

The Associated Press reports that a school custodian's impromptu after-hours karaoke performance prompted a police response when a teacher thought she was being threatened over the loudspeaker.

State police say a teacher at Booth Free School in Roxbury, Connecticut barricaded herself inside a classroom Wednesday when she mistook someone singing a GUNS N' ROSES song over the public address system for a threat.

She was working after hours and thought no one else was in the building. Then she heard someone say over the loudspeaker that she was going to die.

Six troopers and three police dogs showed up and found three teenagers, one of them a custodian at the school, who had been playing with the public address system.

Police say one of them sang "Welcome to the Jungle" into the microphone. The song contains the lyrics "You're in the jungle baby; you're gonna die."

The teenagers were cuffed on the ground for about 15 minutes while police investigated. They were released after being questioned and state police Sgt. Brian Ness said they did not realize the teacher was in the school and will not face charges.

"These things happen," Van Ness said. "Luckily it was humorous. You kind of have a gut feeling. As soon as we got there, we spoke to the three kids. They understood." 

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=86717

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

Welcome to the jungle is a Killer  after reading this it made me think of Axl's quote Wake up it's to die!!!!

I feel bad for the woman and can't blame her for getting spooked.   All alone in a school and someone start's up with those quotes from the song over the loud speaker.   Obviously she doesn't know GNR or even the song.

On the flip side, I find a bit humorous.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

I thought this was really funny.  But, I guess you're right, DTJ.  If you were a woman and alone like that, and not familiar with the song, it probably would be a bit freaky.

Then again, what rock has this woman been living under for the past 20 years that she's never heard Jungle?  It's been used in films, TV, and had tremendous amounts of airplay.   Even if you're not into hard rock, how could you not at least be aware that the song exists? hmm

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Given the crazy shit that has been going down at our educational institutions recently I can understand why she would freak like this.  I live in a community where a large percent of families have personal ties with Virginia Tech so I can tell you first hand this kind of shit alters the landscape of reason.  Everyone is a little more jumpy than they were "before".   The malls, schools, even churches...paranoia is an understandable product.   "You're gonna die" and "baby" is probably all she heard.

AtariLegend wrote:

I guess I posted this in the wrong section...

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I laughed my ass off..

Sorry, but i found it extremely humorous..

That song should be used in horror movies !!! 16:haha::haha:

Board footer