You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: What do you think people's reaction would be?

polluxlm wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

You have to admit it would be quite funny, 14 yrs of effort, gazillions of dollars and then fuck it, I'm outta here!

OK here's another question

When do you predict Here Today and MyGNR will finally call it a day?

When Jarmo gets hitched and when Maddison gets locked up in an asylum.

That soon, eh?

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

If Axl called it a day and announced his retirement from the music industry?

Can we say riot! I doubt that's going to happen any time soon.
Axl has a point to prove & until he's done that it's not over......

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

he'd get sued by anyone and everyone, and gnr would tour the world ten times over just to pay for the court case....he may even be forced to let the album out, for some additional income....so i'd feel great, because then they might just consider SA as a worthy destination for a gig....

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The majority of the world would continue the same way it has for the past 15 years.  Just because we're excited to see what Axl can do, most of the people wouldn't even know if he officially retiried.  Most probably assume he already is. 

The only people that would really be upset would be the leeches and the people that have funded him through the years of bullshit.  We might be upset initially, but life would go on as we have nothing but a small emotional investment at this point that has been getting smaller and smaller as each day passes with no news or reason for hope regarding CD.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
elmir wrote:

he'd get sued by anyone and everyone, and gnr would tour the world ten times over just to pay for the court case....he may even be forced to let the album out, for some additional income....so i'd feel great, because then they might just consider SA as a worthy destination for a gig....

I agree. For some strange reasons, I see a better chance for CD to be released if he retires. Until then we (fans and the record company) will always have a slight hope and it helps him not to release it. When we won't have anything, Universal will sue the shit outta him. Anyway, he'll never announce his retirement, even if he decides to give up. Old albums and GN'R merchandise sell better, and he has to pay the bills of his lifestyle.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The earth would continue revolving around the Sun, and other artists would still be relevant and continue moving forward. I know most people at this site are pretty open minded musically, but at some of the other sites, you see people say shit like there's been no good music since Axl left the scene, and CD will bring a return to good music. Are you fucking kidding me??

Maybe if Axl retired it would force some of his fanbase to move forward and see that they have missed out on a ton of great music since 1993.

The GNR fanbase as a whole is unlike any other fanbase in the world. A huge chunk of them are apparently stuck in the past and there lives seem to be frozen in time somewhat.

Its one of the reasons I have always predicted GNR forums will be ghost towns compared to their activity since the 90's. A LOT of people are going to get on with their lives, and will have no interest in even hanging out at these communities because they literally "waited" for this album to come out. The only people who will likely be at these sites are people who had already "moved on" years ago yet continued to be a part of the community, and of course whatever new fans come along.

A few years back, Axl said if CD is never released, "you wont have missed a thing". He's right and he's wrong. Correct in saying a new GNR album is meaningless in the sense there are incredible albums coming out yearly, but wrong in the aspect that quite a few people in his fanbase have already missed out on a lot of things.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Maybe if Axl retired it would force some of his fanbase to move forward and see that they have missed out on a ton of great music since 1993.

This decade there has been way, way, way, way too much bad music, sure there was great music on endless fronts in the 90s, but now... I think this were more of the "Chinese Democracy Will Save Music" comes from.

I don't think the average person will care, since the general reaction is Axls either crazy or it'll never be released. As for us, we already know...

...But as Axl said "don't hold you're breath" theres over things in life.

I'm sure he enjoyed the last few NIN albums as much as we did.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I know the average person isn't going to give a shit about this album. I've said many times this album probably wont debut in the top 10 and will be extremely lucky if it reaches gold status. I think Axl knows this, and it plays a role in the album never coming out. He knows the release of CD signifies the death of the old band, and there is just too much money to still be made on the old band's legacy to risk losing that revenue.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

this album. I've said many times this album probably wont debut in the top 10

This is silly, without any PR the album would make the Top 10 on interest alone, it may not go multi-diamond though...

As for money the band would've made alot more money releasing a few albums...

Board footer