You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Saw Thor: The Dark World and thought it was pretty good. Don't see it 3D though. The conversion is very shaking and not post converted all that well. Still as a movie it's alot of fun and I kind of liked it more than the first Thor solo film. Stay after the credits is par for the course with the movies now. No spoilers though and it opens up some new questions and ideas for the Marvel film universe.

AtariLegend wrote:

Went to see Gravity today. Have to say for it's cast and despite the fact you know how it's going to end, it was pretty impressive and I say that as someone who normally doesn't get impressed by 3D Films.

It was a thrill ride, that said not sure how despite Bullock's performance how this will come across on 2D as a DVD.

Hidden Text:

For a moment at the end I actually thought the film was going to end with Bullock committing suicide, the next I'm thinking Clooney opened the hatch to save himself and kill her.

Me_Wise_Magic

Gravity was fantastic. So want to see it again too. Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The movie's presentation is going to feel awkward when transferred to a DVD disc format.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Saw Anchorman 2 recently, which had pretty funny moments, though overall not as good as part 1. The ending was hilarious though

Also saw American Hustle, which was pretty damn good too. There were some fucking damn noisy kids in the cinema where I saw it, so I missed some of the dialogue in parts. Damn kids, why pay $25 to see a movie and then talk through it... 17

And tonight, I'm going to see The Hobbit 2 in 3D HFR, which I'm really looking forward to, as I've heard it's better than part one, which I enjoyed. Also really curious about the HFR, as it's said to be a different cinema experience with extra frames.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Watched Despicible Me 2 the other night and really enjoyed it. Equally funny as the first.

Watched "The Croods" tonight and just didn't think it was anywhere near up to standard with similiar animations like Despicable Me, Ice Age, Toy Story, Wreck It Ralph, Finding Nemo etc. I didn't find it funny, and laughed out loud only once, and I also didn't take to Nic Cages voice over acting hmm Usually I enjoy most films he's in, but found his voice to be ill-suited to the role he was cast in for some reason.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Saw Anchorman 2 recently, which had pretty funny moments, though overall not as good as part 1. The ending was hilarious though

I'd agree.  Tough to tell with most comedies the first time around.  Like with music, it's tough to really appreciate a comedy full after one viewing.  Need to watch them a couple of times to let the jokes sink in.  I remember not being overly impressed with the first Anchorman, but it soon became one of my favorites after watching it countless times.  The same rule may apply with this one.  But I agree, upon first viewing, it wasn't quite as funny.  A lot of the jokes seemed forced this time around.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, agreed on Anchorman 2. Though I think because the first one was so great, it's hard to not go in expecting to laugh at everything. That said, there are some funny scenes. It's just that the ones that are forced and trying too hard, kinda outweigh the good stuff.

I'll have to watch it again, as I did enjoy it still.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Oh and Hobbit 2 in 3D and HFR, was amazing. To me that is what the cinema experience is all about. Amazing special effects, and presented as such so that you get lost in the film. Story was good, but the action scenes stole the show.

I won't give it away, but when they're being chased down the river by the Orcs, just... WOW!

Might have to go see it again to enjoy it again on the big screen

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Watched Worlds End last night, really funny movie smile I liked their film Hot Fuzz too, but I'm yet to see 'Sean of the Dead' so going to see if I can pick it up cheap on Ebay. A few of the gags in Worlds End were the same as in Hot Fuzz but I was still laughing out loud the whole way through (especially when Simon Pegg was trying to drink his pint in the middle of the bar brawl 16)

Me_Wise_Magic

I love The World's End. There is actually alot more to that film then I gave it credit for the first time I watched it. There is alot of heart, symbolism, and other tid bits in the background and message of the film. Oh if you loved those two movies, you'll love Shaun. I love all three films equally. There isn't a weak film in the trilogy. Each one stands on it's own. Yeah..I loved that scene as well dude! 16 I honestly think Gary King is probably Simon Pegg's best role by far and the most three dimensional character he's ever played yet. Alot of people didn't like the ending; but I loved it and after reading some analysis articles on the movie I think alot more people understand what it represents.

Board footer